BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)

09-10-2012, 12:37 PM   #45
MikeE92M3
Captain
Rep
Drives: 08 E92 M3

They shouldve done what my SA always does when the tech feels a test drive is warranted to make sure everything feels okay, no lights come on, codes, vibrations...is call me to ask to see if it's okay if the tech takes it out for a drive to validate the car is okay so if anything were wrong, they can fix it right then and there.

Mike
2008 (07/08) E92 M3 BPM Stage II Tuned by Mike Benvo, 6MT, Turner Test Pipes, Magnaflow Custom Catback Exhaust (Magnaflow X Pipe, secondary cat delete, Aero Resonators and Helmholtz Chambers),Vorsteiner CF Lip, Hamann Style CF rear diffuser, CF Rear Decklid Spoiler, BMW Performance Kidney Grills, CF Side Grills, OEM GTS Wheels, K&N Drop-In Filter, GP Thunder 8k Angel Eyes, Painted Reflectors.
Appreciate 0
      09-10-2012, 12:56 PM   #46
M Pulse
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: '17 F82

Quote:
Originally Posted by Georgeair View Post
I get that, but the reason it annoys me is because I tried to make it simple for them to avoid that.

There are plenty of "no-wash" participants here and other enthusiast forums. It doesn't make me a brat, and it's really not the core of my issues but sure aggravated the situation.

You'll notice I didn't insist on them paying someone I choose to fix it, I haven't asked for anything unreasonable, I acknowledged to the manager that it was a nit to pick and most importantly I'm not ringing the "they owe me a new car/get an attorney/free service for life" bell of irrationality....

I've pretty much let the impact of the wash go. I've had it happen before with another car, I know it's not permanent or major and I'll fix it myself. I just shouldn't have to.
If a swirl from a wash bothers you that much in the first place and you have to go through the trouble of printing a sign then why do you even bother driving it? I would think a stone chip or a door ding is far worse... maybe you should just park your car in your living room and treat it as a piece of art rather than a means of transportation!!! It is a car after all an does get exposed to the elements & you're picking on the dealer for simply washing your car after having it for a couple of days of service.

I'm an enthusiast too but some people take it to the extreme... just enjoy the car the way BMW intended it to be (drive it like you stole it). This is a mass produced production car, not some rare exotic with fewer than 100 worldwide!!!

I suggest next time you take your car in for service that you buckle yourself in the passenger seat for the duration of it, whether 2 hours or 2 days. I would eat & sleep in it until they're finished.
Appreciate 0
      09-10-2012, 01:29 PM   #47
M Pulse
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team Plutonium View Post
What a retarded reply! Did you even read the thread?
I did... did YOU?
Appreciate 0
      09-10-2012, 02:41 PM   #48
Mbauer
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E92 187outx3

Quote:
Originally Posted by LarThaL
I would go to the SA and general manager and tell them to forget about all that other crap. There is only one thing that is adequate compensation after such an incident:

Find out who did it and fire them in my presence.
That's called over reacting. Gentlemen service advisors are lazy. Why would they get in your car and read the actual mileage when it's on the key read. I have seen it several times, the key read is not the most current up to date info because the customer gave the SA the spare key. Sometimes there is typos.... No one goes for a 35 mile test drive unless there is a intermittent drive ability problem.
Appreciate 0
      09-10-2012, 02:48 PM   #49
Mbauer
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E92 187outx3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philip@McKennaPerformance
At our dealer if the customer requests for the vehicle to not be washed or if its one of the new frozen colors, we put a blank piece of paper that says "DO NOT WASH" right through the DCT / 6mt shifter so that anytime the car has to be moved and they need to shift it they will see a stuck paper that says DO NOT WASH.

Maybe for those that don't trust their dealer you can do the same before you bring in your car for service / warranty work.
Might need to also put it in Spanish, sad but true.
Appreciate 0
      09-10-2012, 02:55 PM   #50
Templar
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 E92 M3

Garage List
2011 BMW M3  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mbauer View Post
That's called over reacting. Gentlemen service advisors are lazy. Why would they get in your car and read the actual mileage when it's on the key read. I have seen it several times, the key read is not the most current up to date info because the customer gave the SA the spare key. Sometimes there is typos.... No one goes for a 35 mile test drive unless there is a intermittent drive ability problem.
That's not what happened though. The OP is the owner and has 35 more miles on his odometer than he did when he dropped it off.
      09-10-2012, 03:09 PM   #51
M3PO
Colonel
Rep
Drives: '08 IB E92

I always tell the dealer NO washes and absolutely NO test drives. End of story. If they want to test drive it, I will ride along. So far, so good.
      09-10-2012, 03:09 PM   #52
M Pulse
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Quote:
The swirl-mark special was just the bonus... read the whole thread before you post douche-bag comments.
Maybe you should read the whole thread, I already acknowledged the extra miles... who's the douche now!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by M Pulse View Post
I agree that the extra miles on the car is inexcusable, but you need to get over the fact that they washed your car... it's just a wash.

If you had just come on here and complained about the extra miles maybe you wouldn't get some backlash, but when you complain about the wash it makes you sound like a spoiled brat.

Car is a depreciating asset, I hardly doubt that a single wash by the dealer is going to have any impact on the resale value... so just get over the fact that they washed your car and move on.

Take a deep breath and always look at the big picture... no sense in getting worked up over something so miniscule.

Good luck.
Appreciate 0
      09-10-2012, 03:21 PM   #53
M Pulse
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Checking... nope, it's still you.
That's it??? That's your comeback??? That's the best you got??? Just repeat what you originally said!!!
Appreciate 0
      09-10-2012, 07:24 PM   #54
TVMA Doc
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2011 E90 M3, Jerez Black

Garage List
Quote:
I agree that the extra miles on the car is inexcusable, but you need to get over the fact that they washed your car... it's just a wash.

If you had just come on here and complained about the extra miles maybe you wouldn't get some backlash, but when you complain about the wash it makes you sound like a spoiled brat.

Car is a depreciating asset, I hardly doubt that a single wash by the dealer is going to have any impact on the resale value... so just get over the fact that they washed your car and move on.

Take a deep breath and always look at the big picture... no sense in getting worked up over something so miniscule.

Good luck.
Anyone who doesn't want their M washed at the dealership, please feel free to insert mine into the wash line as a distraction...

Sorry to hear about your experience. At least it sounds like the manager is trying to fix things. There are a couple of dealers within 50 miles of my home that I can guarantee wouldn't even do that.
Appreciate 0
      09-14-2012, 10:13 PM   #55
roddyc
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 13 BMW M5

FWIW, I just had a pretty good experience with Classic.

I brought my M3 in for an upgrade to 240E since it was running software from early 2008. I didn't even bother trying to get them to comp it for me, I volunteered up front to pay for it ($200). While I had it there, since I only have a month or so left on my warranty, I had them address a couple of rattles and my service adviser had a number of maintenance items done that I wasn't aware I needed.

The button on the end of the B/C stalk ended up being a source of one of the rattles and they ended up replacing the entire assembly; as part of the replacement, it required reprogramming the module and since they can only program all of the modules, I ended up getting the software upgrade under warranty. They also found and fixed another rattle I hadn't pointed out. I requested no wash and the car was definitely not washed. I made a note to record the mileage before checking the car in and it matched what was on the invoice; they put 12 miles on it which was expected since they had to troubleshoot the rattles and test drive after putting in the new software.

Overall, not too shabby. The worst part of the experience was having to drive a 2012 328i for 2 days The interior on my E90 is so much nicer...

Hopefully the OP's experience was an isolated incident. I'm glad to hear they are trying to make it right.
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2012, 04:25 PM   #56
ploo
slow in, slow out
Rep
Drives: E92 M3, 997.2 GT3

OP, any updates on the outcome and resolution?
      09-17-2012, 01:03 AM   #57
ES_TRADER
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 328i, 335i, M3, 535i, X5, 36M

Garage List
2014 Ford Raptor  [0.00]
2012 328i E92  [10.00]
2013 X5  [0.00]
2013 335i F30  [8.00]
1990 Toyota Previa  [0.00]
1997 E36 M3  [10.00]
2011 E92 M3  [0.00]
2011 535i  [0.00]
Quote:
If a swirl from a wash bothers you that much in the first place and you have to go through the trouble of printing a sign then why do you even bother driving it? I would think a stone chip or a door ding is far worse... maybe you should just park your car in your living room and treat it as a piece of art rather than a means of transportation!!! It is a car after all an does get exposed to the elements & you're picking on the dealer for simply washing your car after having it for a couple of days of service.

I'm an enthusiast too but some people take it to the extreme... just enjoy the car the way BMW intended it to be (drive it like you stole it). This is a mass produced production car, not some rare exotic with fewer than 100 worldwide!!!

I suggest next time you take your car in for service that you buckle yourself in the passenger seat for the duration of it, whether 2 hours or 2 days. I would eat & sleep in it until they're finished.

Dude the elements don't cause swirls, People do. I'm not cool with people inflicting unnecessary trama to my car's clear coat. It could be a Toyota for all I car...this kinda shit is just doesn't sit well with me. I go thru great lengths to prevent swirls and scratches and to have some careless idiot come and put them in in 20 mins just gets my blood boiling.

Yea it's just a car but I some people like theirs shiny and clean
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2012, 06:46 AM   #58
Georgeair
Captain
Rep
Drives: '08 Melbourne E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ploo View Post
OP, any updates on the outcome and resolution?
No other indications that they (or my wife!) have money-shifted it and I'm moving on. Haven't had time yet to detail it back to what I (apparently unreasonably) expect the finish to look like, but plan to in two weekends.

Heck, just to out-dick the dickheads, I have been driving it around in the rain in DFW the last few days. So there.

Interestingly, no survey from Classic.
      09-18-2012, 10:04 AM   #59
SamS
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: Tesla M3 Perf + '18 X3 M40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philip@McKennaPerformance View Post
At our dealer if the customer requests for the vehicle to not be washed or if its one of the new frozen colors, we put a blank piece of paper that says "DO NOT WASH" right through the DCT / 6mt shifter so that anytime the car has to be moved and they need to shift it they will see a stuck paper that says DO NOT WASH.

Maybe for those that don't trust their dealer you can do the same before you bring in your car for service / warranty work.
Great tip. I've been taping a sign near the glove box, and one on the front window, facing out. I will add one to the shifter next time
Appreciate 0