View Single Post
      09-23-2011, 12:47 PM   #3
jphughan
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '16 Cayman GT4

Drive both. If you plan to drive it mostly as a city cruiser and don't have any track time or even back country road time in your future, the 335is may be better for you even if it's only marginally cheaper. If on the other hand you DO plan to have a lot of driving enjoyment opportunity you plan to take advantage of and you don't mind the higher gas, insurance, and maintenance costs, definitely go with the M3! The M3 isn't a bad DD by any means, but if that's all you'll be doing with it I think it'd be kind of a waste.

Just take a good hard look at that Premium package list and make sure you can live without it. Personally as the above poster said, I think the 335is is practically a stripper too and there's nothing absolutely essential in the Premium package IMHO. Bluetooth is the nicest feature, and memory seats if they get moved by a car wash or -- gasp! -- you let someone else drive it, but neither is a sine qua non.

Lack of iPod integration might be annoying, but I believe even cars without iPod integration have Aux in -- not 100% on this though. iDrive is definitely sweet but since neither car has that it shouldn't be a factor if you're determined to get one of these.

Gone but not forgotten:
'11.75 M3 E92 Le Mans | Black Nov w/ Alum | 6MT (owned 5/2011 - 11/2015)

Last edited by jphughan; 09-23-2011 at 12:55 PM..
Appreciate 0