View Single Post
      08-02-2013, 12:21 AM   #41
crashprash
Private First Class
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2012 e93 JB M3 D-CT

Ok this thread needs an update. I decided to plasti dip the rims, the side grills and the front grills. I also added coloured M stripes to the front grill for that subtle effect. I used 7 cans of matte black and 1 gloss. Since I'm a perfectionist, I coated the face, the barrels, and the insides atleast 5 times. Then added 2 coats of gloss for a satin effect (halfway between matte and gloss).

E93 M3 by Prash Imaging, on Flickr

On the way back from aputty rd cruise, my car developed an oil leak. Once my dash went crazy with warning msgs, I pulled into a servo at Windsor, bought the only crappy oil they had and poured some in. As thecar doesnt have a dipstick I put too much in and the car complained again. Managed to drive home and called up bmw. They sent someone to check it out and decided that a tow truck the next morning was the only option. This was the 1st time I had been in a tow truck..not something u expect when u have a 1yr old bmw M car. Although the car is under warranty I had to pay for an oil change and filter as they had to flush out the crappy oil in the car. All they had to replace was the oil cap (its a click in place cap vs a threaded cap). Although I did get a manual mini as a courtesy car which was heaps fun to chuck about! I got a BMW motorsport umbrella and some oil for my troubles. However from now on, they suggested I just call BMW if anything happens and they will cover everything rather than me trying to solve it. So the car is now fixed up and all seems good.
Appreciate 0