View Single Post
      07-03-2013, 11:07 AM   #15
jphughan
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '16 Cayman GT4

^ I don't know whether Brembos have the same trimming requirement, but if they do I imagine it would be mentioned in their install guide? I won't be in a spot to post pictures of my own dust shields any time soon, but StopTech's guide is very precise showing you where to cut, so it shouldn't be difficult to extrapolate what it looks like. I also only got a BBK for the front axle. I was planning to buy the rears until I encountered StopTech's own article arguing AGAINST rear brake upgrades in almost every case: http://www.stoptech.com/technical-su...brake-upgrades. I figured if a company that makes money selling brake upgrades is telling you not to buy certain brake upgrades, it was advice worth heeding, and I certainly didn't mind saving a few grand. So at the track I'm going to run track pads up front and keep the Street Performance pads in the stock rear calipers, which others seem to have been doing for a while without any ill effects since the rears perform relatively little braking.

Out of curiosity, what made you spring for the rear kits and Brembos in general given how much more expensive they are than just about every other kit except maybe PFC? I haven't read anything to suggest they're a significant improvement over other kits, and there also don't seem to be as many track or street pad options for the Brembo BBK -- plus the Brembos don't allow pad swaps as easily as the StopTechs and don't clear nearly as many aftermarket 18" wheels, which is the most popular size for tracking; the only notable exception I'm aware of is the APEX EC-7.

Gone but not forgotten:
'11.75 M3 E92 Le Mans | Black Nov w/ Alum | 6MT (owned 5/2011 - 11/2015)

Last edited by jphughan; 07-03-2013 at 12:58 PM..
Appreciate 0