Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '16 Cayman GT4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Longboarder
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAJ View Post
There is a wide range of rotor options for the Stoptech kit because the rotors are the same size, shape and mounting flange as Brembo racing rotors. The key to picking the right rotor for a really demanding application is rotor weight. The heavier, the better. The higher thermal capacity keeps the rotors running at lower peak temperatures.

From what the OP has indicated, he should be fine with the Stoptech kit he's got so long as he runs slotted rotors, SRF, titanium backing plates and decent sprint pads, like one of the PFC options or a Raybestos ST43 or ST47
I opted for the drilled rotors for street use because they looked "cool". For the occasional track day they worked fine together with the Stop Tech street pads but anything serious and I will likely go slotted rotors with upgraded pads and fluid. I can't stand brake squeal even at the track so my options on pads are more limited.
If track pads are squealing at the track, they're either cold or don't have a good transfer layer on the rotor yet, or both. Those are both temporary conditions. After fixing those, they should be silent on track. In fact my PFC08s only squealed reliably on the road when applying medium braking force (by street standards) and slowing from about 30 MPH on down. The squeal was pretty awful, mind you, and I feel bad for pedestrians who were waiting at the crosswalks I pulled up to, but that and desire to avoid excessive rotor wear on the road is why I seldom had those in on the street. I've read that the new PFC 11s don't squeal even on the street and are nicer on rotors than 08s, though they don't last as long, whereas DS1.11s last longer but will squeal on the street, but I haven't personally tried either of them.

Gone but not forgotten:
'11.75 M3 E92 Le Mans | Black Nov w/ Alum | 6MT (owned 5/2011 - 11/2015)
Appreciate 1