jphughan
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '16 Cayman GT4

Quote:
Originally Posted by ottoblotto View Post
From Dinan website:
"To obtain service under this warranty, the vehicle must be brought, upon discovery of a malfunction or defect in materials and/or workmanship, to the workshop of any Authorized Dinan Dealer, during normal business hours. Proof of purchase in the form of a lawful invoice is required. The Authorized Dinan Dealer will, without charge for parts or labor, repair or replace the defective Dinan component(s), as well as any original vehicle manufacturer's component(s) that may have been directly affected by a Dinan component, using new or authorized remanufactured parts. The decision to repair or replace said parts is at the sole discretion of Dinan and/or the original vehicle manufacturer. Parts for which replacements are supplied under this limited warranty become the property of Dinan and/or the original vehicle manufacturer. In all cases, a reasonable period of time must be allowed for warranty repairs to be completed after the vehicle is delivered to the Authorized Dinan Dealer."

This led me to believe the BMW dealers were aligned with them. And since I live in Germany but have an American spec BMW, that it fell into that category. Does not matter though as they do not sell/warranty Dinan there... So if I end up with AC Schnitzer parts, are they not covered/warrantied in the states? Time for some research...
Some BMW dealers ARE aligned with Dinan, but that doesn't mean BMW itself is, nor does it mean that ANY dealers outside the US are. And yes, as others have said even Dinan's warranty policy can cause problems where Dinan and BMW point fingers at each other, though this can typically be mitigated by working with a dealer authorized by both BMW and Dinan, since they'll have to fix it regardless of whose fault it is.

Gone but not forgotten:
'11.75 M3 E92 Le Mans | Black Nov w/ Alum | 6MT (owned 5/2011 - 11/2015)
Appreciate 0