View Single Post
      09-02-2013, 11:39 PM   #14
jphughan
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '16 Cayman GT4

^ I'll be trying them out on the street regardless because I plan to install them a few days before my next HPDE to give them time to scrape off the pad deposits from my Street Performance pads and then keep them a few days afterward to scrape off their own deposits by running them cold. But if they squeal louder than a semi as Sapper_M3 mentioned, I don't think I'll want to keep them full-time. Even if they squeal only a little bit rather than being silent like the Street Performance pads, it probably won't be worth it to me. I have the ST60 caliper upfront where anti-rattle clips aren't even possible, and like I said above, a set of PFC 08s just for the front axle is $500, so even if they behaved identically to the Street Performance pads on the road, the cost alone would keep me from using them unnecessarily on the street. I enjoy being lazy as much as the next guy, but the Street Performance pads are only $125, so considering that running 08s full-time would provide no real improvement on the street and potentially come with a few drawbacks instead, I seriously doubt that my laziness will make that much of a cost difference worth it -- especially since swapping pads on the ST60 setup is so much easier than the OEM caliper.

Gone but not forgotten:
'11.75 M3 E92 Le Mans | Black Nov w/ Alum | 6MT (owned 5/2011 - 11/2015)

Last edited by jphughan; 09-02-2013 at 11:44 PM..
Appreciate 0