01-19-2014, 08:16 PM   #9
jphughan
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '16 Cayman GT4

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///Mcrazy View Post
The crazy thing is, I don't recall ever going over a pothole at all, and definitely not one that would require a new front and back suspension.

Thanks for the tire advice, are those the best tires to have for a summer (and rarely winter) car? I thought those prices were outrageous.

How much should an alignment cost, and should I get it done at a BMW dealer?

I have been using premium gas at every station I have been to, so I wont be going for the cleaning fuel injectors like you recommended, thank you.

This is all at the 54th street manhattan BMW dealer by the way.
If you bought the car new and don't recall any major incident that might mess up your suspension, definitely get a second opinion. If you bought the car used, well, maybe it was like that before? Did you do a pre-purchase inspection?

I've only gotten one alignment (at the dealer due to a time constraint issue), and it cost me $189. I of course got another alignment when the camber plates went in, but I can't remember whether the alignment was billed separately or considered part of the install. There's some regional variation in service prices of course, and NYC would be on the higher end, so $200 sounds reasonable.

Michelin PSS tires are perfect for the type of usage you're describing. If you'll need some snow performance, though, you might consider the new Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3, which I've been reading is an all-season tire that somehow performs like good summer tires even on the track. I haven't looked into those carefully, but if that's something you might need, that's where I'd be looking. You can start here: http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tests/...y.jsp?ttid=177.

Gone but not forgotten:
'11.75 M3 E92 Le Mans | Black Nov w/ Alum | 6MT (owned 5/2011 - 11/2015)
Appreciate 0