11-18-2013, 01:49 PM   #1035
whats77inaname
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: when at all possible

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thebrain View Post
I for one think that the e46 m3, e60 m5 and e92 m3 were the 3 best or 3 of the best ever performance sedans in history....To each his own argument I guess but credibility really suffers from this poster.
You don't say....well, so your credibility isn't compromised in the future:

a) E46 never came in sedan form
b) the E92 is a coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cool Steel View Post
Isn't some kind of a petition a more plausible solution? A lawsuit is to negative an action. A petition signed by many and presented to BMW to do research into this issue is something we should do. Our concern would be documented, and if ignored can be used against them if needed in the future that they did nothing.
I don't think it would carry much weight w/BMW. Personally, I'd like to get the NHTSA involved, as I suspect they'd be a bit less biased about an investigation. From their website:

Quote:
Improving Safety On Our Highways
NHTSA encourages complaints from vehicle owners and drivers, conducts defect investigations and administers safety recalls to support its mission to improve safety on our nation's highways
Considering this http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=904414 post and the following statements:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artem@ONEighty View Post
Tonight on my way home the car shut off on me and hasn't started since. After the car shut off the steering got tight and almost caused me to crash while I was taking a left turn.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Artem@ONEighty View Post
Just spoke to my dealer. Looks like I spun the crank shaft bearing. They sent a few photos up the chain and waiting to get an approval... Fingers crossed that this will be a smooth process
....I think it would be right up their alley. While BMW won't release failure data to us, you can bet your ass that if the NHTSA requests this information, it will have to be provided.

Last edited by whats77inaname; 11-18-2013 at 02:00 PM..
Appreciate 0