View Single Post
      08-07-2009, 12:05 PM   #49
KonigsTiger
Racying Dynamics
Rep
Drives: E92M3 RS46 Club Sport, others

Quote:
Originally Posted by nd54 View Post
BMW-M-Mexico, I've seen this car getting built and it's fantastic. Congratulations again. I'll definitely be putting those RC-8's on my car in the fall.

One thing I would change - lose the Vorsteiner trunk. Your car is much too modern for E46 knockoffs
Thanks for the compliment and congrats on the RC-8īs. I will consider the boot lid issue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by swamp2 View Post
I did note you said it should drop about 200 lb. I'm not trying to start an argument. I just wanted to know how you might get to 200. Some of the things I think will add weight are:

Intake, sways, tires, brakes (are you sure this particular kit, rotors and calipers and lighter than stock?), body/aero panels, boot and B-pillar bars.

I'd guess at least 20-40 lb heavier for these items. Just a real rough guess.

Either way, it is going to be one fine ride.
Non of the items you mention are heavier than stock and most are actually quit a bit lighter. We have weight all these items. Yes sure about the brakes and no I didnīt take any of your comments as you trying to start an argument. You are more than welcome to question this or that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nd54 View Post
Real rough guess is right. Brakes are lighter than stock, tires are about the same, sways are about the same, no intake change, body panels are the same or lighter because the RD ones are carbon kevlar. The B pillar bar certainly doesn't weigh 20-40lb's.
Correct.