08-24-2018, 09:46 PM   #7
AP3X_FTW
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhyary View Post
I have tried the BK sub strap bar. beautiful piece.

And I have the BK bracket mounted on the OEM power mount. Awesome.

The only way I can get the sub strap bar to work is if I mount the Recaro on the 4th holes. The seat almost touches the ceiling. Way too high.

(As you expect based on my other thread, I tried the seat in Every hole combination to try to get the sub strap to work)

I use the first hole in the front and the second hole in the back and I'm long torso 5'10"

My only option for sub strap 6-point is to drill the floor, but I don't want to lose the subwoofer. It is going to be a project.

Appreciate the feedback. I contacted BK in regards to the two different types of floor mounts, and this was their reply:

"RaceTech is the only brand of seats that sometimes has different front/rear mount bolt hole distances than every other seat on the market. From what I've seen to date, this has been limited to their 1000 series of seats, but if you could measure the distance between the front/rear hole I can confirm. That said, almost certainly it'll work.

The sub strap clearance varies by the seat-- with the seat having a flat bottom like the 4009W, it likely will need to be in a high position to clear the sub strap. In cases like that, unless you're short, the above slider sub strap mount isn't a great option-- in that case, I'd go straight to the floor. Annoyingly, the is just no way to mount the sub strap lower with the stock sliders.

To make the R-9280 be able to clear the tunnel with wide seats, we had to place the seat slightly off center (outboard). Since your seats are in the narrow end of the R-9280's range, I'd go with one R-9280 and one R-9281. By combing the parts from both, you can put the seat back on center on both the driver and passenger side, without spending any extra, and need less spacers (probably none).

Or, you could use the R-9260 without sliders, which will allow plenty of space for our sub strap mount with any seat-- but at the expense of sliders."

Confirmation that it is not possible to use middle to lower mounting holes on the R-9280 floor mounts with OEM sliders due to the sub bar floor clearance (unless you have a seat that does not have a flat bottom). This in combination with the seat needing to be offset to clear the trans tunnel is enough motivation for me to use R-9260 mounts directly to the floor - at lest for the drivers seat.

For Sale - E92 M3 Full Black Interior Part Out

Last edited by AP3X_FTW; 08-25-2018 at 02:44 PM..
Appreciate 1
slicer2759.50