BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)

06-01-2010, 03:23 PM   #1
Jason
Administrator
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

BMW M launches M Power Driver’s Cup and M Power Circuit Training

BMW M division has launched the M Power Driver's Cup and M Power Circuit Training for BMW M owners, each of which lasts two days. Unfortunately for North American M enthusiasts, these two driving events appear to take place only in Germany. Hopefully some of our European members will participate and allow us to enjoy the experience vicariously. Details below:

For M drivers and BMW M3 GTS customers.

BMW M Power Driver’s Cup and BMW M Power Circuit Training.

Anyone who feels the urge to drive their own BMW M through the Eifel after the sensational 24-hour race at the Nürburgring now has the opportunity to do just that - at the M Power Driver’s Cup and the M Power Circuit Training.

BMW Driver Training has created two events of a highly sporty nature, each of which lasts two days. Owners of a BMW M can sound out the limits of their own BMW M under the professional guidance of experienced instructors.

A special highlight: both training programs are offered exclusively for owners of the brand new BMW M3 GTS.

M Power Driver’s Cup:
After covering the physics of driving in detailed theory sessions on the first day, the second day is spent on the race track. Here the program starts with a number of guided laps behind the pace car before the theory is put into practice with intense free driving. The climax of the day is provided by two evenness tests which require participants to achieve a constant, reproducible driving style - as in the long distance competition GLP/VLN. The winner gets to ride in a BMW M3 GT4 which has been tried and tested on the Nordschleife.

All M models with road registration are eligible to take part - including output-enhanced and historical M models. Participants start in different classes. The tyres, chassis, brakes and exhaust system of the vehicles must be in line with road licensing regulations.
There is an emergency service at hand for technical problems but this cannot replace thorough preparation of the participating vehicles. For this reason we recommend a thorough technical check-up prior to attending - not just for typical wear-and-tear parts such as tyres and brakes. In addition to a valid driving licence, drivers must also bring along a helmet and if necessary a co-driver.

For further details see BMW Driver Training website.

M Power Circuit Training:
On the Nürburgring sprint track M racing enthusiasts can make the most of their car’s sporty potential. At this event it is also possible to acquire the national DMSB A licence, which entitles holders to take part in the relevant racing events.

The exercises performed at the M Power Circuit Training focus on perfect vehicle control, there is no competition as such since this is provided by the M Power Driver’s Cup. Participants are required to wear helmets in keeping with the sporty character of the event. All drivers an M model with road registration can take part, no matter which year of construction. Anyone who does not wish to subject their beloved BMW M to material-intensive drift exercises can make use of one of the BMW M3 provided.

Safety first is a priority at the M Power Circuit Training. For this reason vehicles are given a technical inspection before being allowed on the race track. All changes to the vehicle must be listed according to road traffic licensing regulations or a general operating license must be available. An emergency technical service is available at the M Power Circuit Training, but participants are nonetheless responsible for ensuring that their BMW M is fit for the race track.

As at all BMW Driver Training events, food and drink is provided. Dinner will be served in the BMW VIP Lounge in the start/finish tower.

All dates and further details of the M Power Circuit Training are also available on the BMW Driver Training website.
Subscribe to Bimmerpost Youtube Channel
Appreciate 0
      06-01-2010, 03:30 PM   #2
GT3 Tim
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 MB E63S

Sweet.

I wish they would do that in the States....fat chance!
2008 E90 M3 -- Sold
2004 GT3 -- Sold
1997 M3/4 -- Sold
1995 M3 -- Sold
Appreciate 0
      06-01-2010, 03:36 PM   #3
jonsibal
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: widebody hooptie

Sounds fun.
      06-01-2010, 03:45 PM   #4
BMW269
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW

After the news I heard about BMW on **************, it is still nice to see M on the track.
Appreciate 0
      06-01-2010, 03:53 PM   #5
JasonCSU
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '08 135i, '88 325is

Garage List
1988 BMW 325is  [0.00]
2008 BMW 135i  [0.00]
Very
      06-01-2010, 04:18 PM   #6
besiktas
Ultimate Driver for the Ultimate Driving Machine
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M3 E92

Wish they had one here.

BMW M3 E92 - Silverstone II
BPM Sport Stage II Tune + Test Pipes, GTS DCT Tune
Appreciate 0
      06-01-2010, 04:30 PM   #7
BlackLight
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Question Any mention

Of the warranty implications...
Appreciate 0
      06-01-2010, 07:09 PM   #8
Oulixes
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 330xi, 335i

This makes sense. Now, how to make something similar happen here?
Appreciate 0
      06-01-2010, 08:51 PM   #9
bavarian19
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Car

Appreciate 0
      06-01-2010, 10:23 PM   #10
aus
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Odysse

If they had one here, they'd just void all our warranties.
Let me get this straight... You are swapping out parts designed by some of the top engineers in the world because some guys sponsored by a company told you it's "better??" But when you ask the same guy about tracking, "oh no, I have a kid now" or "I just detailed my car." or "i just got new tires."
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2010, 01:12 PM   #11
Imola.ZHP
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW i3 BEV EE

I wonder if someone doing ED could participate...

- 2014 CPO i01 BEV Electronaut Edition Capparis White Tera World, '17-
- 2015 CPO i01 BEV Laurel Grey Tera World, '17-
- 2015 i01 REx Laurel Grey Tera World, '15-'17
- 2003 CPO 330i ZHP Imola Red Build 03/03/03, '06-'15
Appreciate 0
      06-03-2010, 07:16 AM   #12
auggiem3
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: F87 M2C & E92 M3

Nice...the "drive your own car" thing makes it a bummer for those on this side of the pond.

Did anyone get the invite to race the M3s in Spain (for a not so modest fee, of course)? Looks to be the same track from the Top Gear e92 M3, RS4, and c63 comparison test hosted by the performance driving instructors from the South Carolina M school. And the best part? You save on international shipping b/c you get to drive someone else's M3.
Appreciate 0