BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU Software Modifications
 
Lease SwApp
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      01-04-2010, 07:50 PM   #1
xxe92xx
Banned
29
Rep
780
Posts

Drives: 08 M3
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Milwaukee, WI

iTrader: (2)

3 Dynojet pulls

Decided to finally get the dyno done, was my first time and dynos are "scarce" around milwaukee so I had to goto some shitty place that works on hondas in madison, they did have a grand national there which was cool but lets just say I wasnt 100% comfortable workin with honda kids.....here are the results, lower than I thought but Ill be dynoing again this week in milwaukee....*edit* im definitely sellin the GT2 for the ceramic coated Gintani muffler

Mods:
-GT2 muffler
-Gintani catless x-pipe
-BMC air filter
-Powerchip stage 2
-93 Octane
Attached Images
 

Last edited by xxe92xx; 01-05-2010 at 05:24 PM.
Appreciate 0
      01-05-2010, 03:48 PM   #2
King Tut
NASA SpecE30 Racer
King Tut's Avatar
United_States
63
Rep
1,307
Posts

Drives: 2006 Honda S2000 TT3
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Gulf Breeze, FL

iTrader: (2)

Send a message via AIM to King Tut
They seem like decent numbers to me. Perhaps that muffler is causing some lost ponies.
__________________
King Tut
2012 BMW M3 Individual: Sold lsb.ridedomain.com
1987 BMW 325is SpecE30: spece30.ridedomain.com
2009 BMW M3 Coupe: Sold e92.ridedomain.com
Appreciate 0
      01-05-2010, 03:56 PM   #3
xxe92xx
Banned
29
Rep
780
Posts

Drives: 08 M3
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Milwaukee, WI

iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Tut View Post
They seem like decent numbers to me. Perhaps that muffler is causing some lost ponies.
yeah im convinced that its restricting power....i love the sound, but the gintani sounds great too and I want performance over sound..
Appreciate 0
      01-05-2010, 05:18 PM   #4
Singletrack
4th down; 4th quarter? Renegade.
Singletrack's Avatar
United_States
67
Rep
3,823
Posts

Drives: 09 SSII E92 M3; 12 AW X5d
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Pittsburgh, PA

iTrader: (3)

AFR looks a little lean down low, but hard to tell because the graph is so small.
Appreciate 0
      01-05-2010, 05:23 PM   #5
xxe92xx
Banned
29
Rep
780
Posts

Drives: 08 M3
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Milwaukee, WI

iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Singletrack View Post
AFR looks a little lean down low, but hard to tell because the graph is so small.
any better?
Appreciate 0
      01-05-2010, 05:51 PM   #6
Singletrack
4th down; 4th quarter? Renegade.
Singletrack's Avatar
United_States
67
Rep
3,823
Posts

Drives: 09 SSII E92 M3; 12 AW X5d
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Pittsburgh, PA

iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxe92xx View Post
any better?
Yes - thanks! It does appear a little lean. I'm just comparing to the dyno database here.

http://bmw.pencilgeek.org/DynoDB.html

...there are quite a few dynojet AFR graphs for comparison.

It looks odd that it goes to, call it, 13.8 at 2.5k RPM, then lean right after - say 15.8 @ 2.9k RPM. This is looking at run 3. You can also see a corresponding dip in power in the dyno.

Did they perhaps do something stupid like leave the traction control on?
Appreciate 0
      01-06-2010, 12:04 AM   #7
xxe92xx
Banned
29
Rep
780
Posts

Drives: 08 M3
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Milwaukee, WI

iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Singletrack View Post
Yes - thanks! It does appear a little lean. I'm just comparing to the dyno database here.

http://bmw.pencilgeek.org/DynoDB.html

...there are quite a few dynojet AFR graphs for comparison.

It looks odd that it goes to, call it, 13.8 at 2.5k RPM, then lean right after - say 15.8 @ 2.9k RPM. This is looking at run 3. You can also see a corresponding dip in power in the dyno.

Did they perhaps do something stupid like leave the traction control on?
hmm that could be possilbe, since i told him to turn off the car because it was going into limp mode probabily because they hooked up the rpm signal thing wrong....and yea i noticed the dip in power, maybe some more people could chime in!
Appreciate 0
      01-06-2010, 10:17 AM   #8
John@BMW
I can't belive this car is a 4 door family sedan.
John@BMW's Avatar
42
Rep
385
Posts

Drives: 2008 M3 sedan, '96 M3
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Atlanta

iTrader: (1)

lots of AFR readings are incorrect because of placement of the sensor in the exhaust.

Those tail pipe sniffers are not the most accurate readings. Its best to have a wideband o2 sensor before the primary cats. Any other way is a waste of time IMO.
__________________
Appreciate 0
      01-06-2010, 04:02 PM   #9
xxe92xx
Banned
29
Rep
780
Posts

Drives: 08 M3
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Milwaukee, WI

iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by John@BMW View Post
lots of AFR readings are incorrect because of placement of the sensor in the exhaust.

Those tail pipe sniffers are not the most accurate readings. Its best to have a wideband o2 sensor before the primary cats. Any other way is a waste of time IMO.
yeah i agree sniffers are pretty shitty, but i didnt want those "honda kids" messin with my shit i juss wanted to be in and out..

is that "choppyness" normal as the rpm's increase? also i heard alot of people dont dyno in the winter, could that be another reason for the low numbers?
Appreciate 0
      01-06-2010, 04:52 PM   #10
King Tut
NASA SpecE30 Racer
King Tut's Avatar
United_States
63
Rep
1,307
Posts

Drives: 2006 Honda S2000 TT3
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Gulf Breeze, FL

iTrader: (2)

Send a message via AIM to King Tut
The choppyness is normal. Most Dynojet plots use some smoothing while this plot has it set to 0.
__________________
King Tut
2012 BMW M3 Individual: Sold lsb.ridedomain.com
1987 BMW 325is SpecE30: spece30.ridedomain.com
2009 BMW M3 Coupe: Sold e92.ridedomain.com
Appreciate 0
      01-06-2010, 05:53 PM   #11
Nawaaz
Brigadier General
United_States
178
Rep
4,643
Posts

Drives: .
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: .

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxe92xx View Post
yeah im convinced that its restricting power....i love the sound, but the gintani sounds great too and I want performance over sound..
aha!
Appreciate 0
      01-11-2010, 08:08 PM   #12
BPMSport
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
BPMSport's Avatar
United_States
1790
Rep
6,893
Posts


Drives: Harrop M3 / F10 M5 / F82 M4
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: SoCal

iTrader: (9)

Garage List
2000 BMW M5  [0.00]
1990 BMW 735i Turbo  [0.00]
2008 BMW M3  [3.75]
2015 BMW M3  [0.00]
2015 BMW M5  [0.00]
Send a message via Skype™ to BPMSport
A lot of times I've seen the AFR bung get pushed out at higher RPM's which would cause the graph to read lean.

Regardless, nice numbers!

Mike
__________________

-----| Like us on Facebook | Instagram || Tuning Information | Remote Coding |-----
----Visit us at www.BPMSport.com - Emotion. Driven. | Toll Free: (888) 557-5133----
Appreciate 0
      01-11-2010, 09:57 PM   #13
xxe92xx
Banned
29
Rep
780
Posts

Drives: 08 M3
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Milwaukee, WI

iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike@Powerchip View Post
A lot of times I've seen the AFR bung get pushed out at higher RPM's which would cause the graph to read lean.

Regardless, nice numbers!

Mike
good to hear....hopefully even better numbers with the gintani muffler
Appreciate 0
      01-11-2010, 10:30 PM   #14
BPMSport
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
BPMSport's Avatar
United_States
1790
Rep
6,893
Posts


Drives: Harrop M3 / F10 M5 / F82 M4
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: SoCal

iTrader: (9)

Garage List
2000 BMW M5  [0.00]
1990 BMW 735i Turbo  [0.00]
2008 BMW M3  [3.75]
2015 BMW M3  [0.00]
2015 BMW M5  [0.00]
Send a message via Skype™ to BPMSport
Quote:
Originally Posted by xxe92xx View Post
good to hear....hopefully even better numbers with the gintani muffler
It's about as wide open as you can get. I'd think you would get higher numbers.

Put your earmuffs on! Loud but sounds amazing. Nawaaz's car literally made a little kid cry at the Texas group buy I did.
__________________

-----| Like us on Facebook | Instagram || Tuning Information | Remote Coding |-----
----Visit us at www.BPMSport.com - Emotion. Driven. | Toll Free: (888) 557-5133----
Appreciate 0
      01-11-2010, 10:56 PM   #15
xxe92xx
Banned
29
Rep
780
Posts

Drives: 08 M3
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Milwaukee, WI

iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike@Powerchip View Post
It's about as wide open as you can get. I'd think you would get higher numbers.

Put your earmuffs on! Loud but sounds amazing. Nawaaz's car literally made a little kid cry at the Texas group buy I did.
haha yea i heard about that, but it shouldnt be louder than my current setup it will be nice to change up the sound to
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:01 PM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST