BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU Software Modifications
 
Steve Thomas BMW
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      04-29-2009, 07:39 PM   #1
gthirtyfizle
Colonel
gthirtyfizle's Avatar
124
Rep
2,872
Posts

Drives: E92 M3 AW
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: NYC

iTrader: (4)

Deleted sec cat and res...... INCREDIBLE!!

I installed fabspeeds x pipe today. This, peired along with my remus race exhaust is basically orgasmic. The outcome was insane. U can deff feel the power difference, but the sound, OMG the sound is just unbelievable. I seriously cant believe I waited this long to do it. Its just sick
Appreciate 0
      04-29-2009, 07:44 PM   #2
BimmerRob08
Major
BimmerRob08's Avatar
United_States
68
Rep
1,263
Posts

Drives: 2008 M3, Space Gray
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: KIKR (ABQ), NM

iTrader: (0)

VIDS, VIDS, VIDS!! I'm very interested in this set up. Have you done an emissions test yet? As this set up is now permanent on your ride. Let us know.
Appreciate 0
      04-29-2009, 07:50 PM   #3
gthirtyfizle
Colonel
gthirtyfizle's Avatar
124
Rep
2,872
Posts

Drives: E92 M3 AW
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: NYC

iTrader: (4)

The setup is not permanent. Yes, the stock x pipe did need to get cut, but if u ever wanted to go back to stock u could probably do it via V clamps.

On the other hand, no I just installed it today, havent done emissions, but this will not give u any problems. Its only the sec cat and res, not the first.
Appreciate 0
      04-29-2009, 07:56 PM   #4
J08M3
Major General
J08M3's Avatar
United_States
190
Rep
6,009
Posts

Drives: 2011 M3 COUPE
Join Date: May 2008
Location: NEW YORK

iTrader: (8)

Why did you need to cut stock x-pipe? You shouldn't have any problem with inspection. As long as the o2's are working which they should with the Fabspeed HFCs you will be fine.
__________________
Appreciate 0
      04-29-2009, 08:40 PM   #5
CampioniShop
CampioniShop's Avatar
24
Rep
791
Posts

Drives: na
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: NY

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gthirtyfizle View Post
I installed fabspeeds x pipe today. This, peired along with my remus race exhaust is basically orgasmic. The outcome was insane. U can deff feel the power difference, but the sound, OMG the sound is just unbelievable. I seriously cant believe I waited this long to do it. Its just sick
Let's hear it
Appreciate 0
      04-29-2009, 09:23 PM   #6
Oakleyguy
Resident Engineer
Oakleyguy's Avatar
United_States
113
Rep
776
Posts

Drives: Land Cruiser
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Denver, CO / Tulsa, OK

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2014 Toyota URJ200  [0.00]
2017 BMW M2  [0.00]
2015 BMW M4  [5.00]
2005 Toyota UZJ100  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by REMUSshop View Post
Let's hear it
+100
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2009, 06:20 AM   #7
BimmerRob08
Major
BimmerRob08's Avatar
United_States
68
Rep
1,263
Posts

Drives: 2008 M3, Space Gray
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: KIKR (ABQ), NM

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gthirtyfizle View Post
The setup is not permanent. Yes, the stock x pipe did need to get cut, but if u ever wanted to go back to stock u could probably do it via V clamps.

On the other hand, no I just installed it today, havent done emissions, but this will not give u any problems. Its only the sec cat and res, not the first.
well, yes. I don't mean permanent as if you'll never be able to remove it. Since there is cutting and you could revert back for visual inspection with a V clamp, that would be fine. I'm thinking of this set up or the EI x-pipe with HFC. which is just all bolt-on. Anyone know what size V-clamps? where to pick some up?

Hope to hear some sound clips with the Remus Race soon.
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2009, 07:24 AM   #8
dogears
My master volume goes to 11
dogears's Avatar
16
Rep
422
Posts

Drives: 2009 Space Gray M3 Sedan M-DCT
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Cherry Hill, NJ

iTrader: (0)

You guys are getting all confused again. No help from Fabspeed since the bolt on X pipe and HFC is not on their site.

There are two X pipe setups from them. One is what the OP got. The one on their website. This requires cutting since the stock cats are left intact. I don't see why one would worry about inspection since the primary cats are left in place.

The second one is what I have. They replace the primary cats with really nice high flow HJS cats. These are noticeable larger than the Encore ones. This is the main difference in the systems. No cutting at all. My stock exhaust is intact.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BimmerRob08 View Post
well, yes. I don't mean permanent as if you'll never be able to remove it. Since there is cutting and you could revert back for visual inspection with a V clamp, that would be fine. I'm thinking of this set up or the EI x-pipe with HFC. which is just all bolt-on. Anyone know what size V-clamps? where to pick some up?

Hope to hear some sound clips with the Remus Race soon.
__________________
2009 Space Gray Carbon Leather E90 with DCT, Tech package, and EPS. Mods: Fabspeed 200 cell cats, Xpipe w/resonators and no secondary cats, BPM tune, Euro DCT software, Eisenmann Sport Mufflers, Vorsteiner Rear Diffuser II, SWS8 subs, JL Audio XD400 bridged 2X200W, built in radar
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2009, 07:30 AM   #9
SlammedR8
Major General
SlammedR8's Avatar
Canada
315
Rep
5,416
Posts

Drives: 11 Audi R8 Spyder + 18 RR TD6
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Toronto

iTrader: (2)

can someone show (with a pic) as to what can be deleted and what cant be ?
__________________
Current:
2018 BMW X5 35i - Black/Black
2018 Range Rover HSE TD6 - White/Ivory
2011 Audi R8 V10 Spyder 6MT - White/Red
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2009, 12:19 PM   #10
BimmerRob08
Major
BimmerRob08's Avatar
United_States
68
Rep
1,263
Posts

Drives: 2008 M3, Space Gray
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: KIKR (ABQ), NM

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogears View Post
You guys are getting all confused again. No help from Fabspeed since the bolt on X pipe and HFC is not on their site.

There are two X pipe setups from them. One is what the OP got. The one on their website. This requires cutting since the stock cats are left intact. I don't see why one would worry about inspection since the primary cats are left in place.

The second one is what I have. They replace the primary cats with really nice high flow HJS cats. These are noticeable larger than the Encore ones. This is the main difference in the systems. No cutting at all. My stock exhaust is intact.


I did not know that the HFC from fabspeed are bolt on with the fabspeed x-pipe that's on the web page. I would have thought there was still some cutting to be done. I'll call them for details but do you have any pictures of your set up by chance? From what I'm gathering now is that the HFC you got from fabspeed bolt up right up to the x-pipe you bought also? So there for your OEM exhaust is still all intact but you can swop it out if need be? Just need some clearification on this. thanks,
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2009, 12:31 PM   #11
dogears
My master volume goes to 11
dogears's Avatar
16
Rep
422
Posts

Drives: 2009 Space Gray M3 Sedan M-DCT
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Cherry Hill, NJ

iTrader: (0)

Yes, my system is totally bolt on. Fabspeed did the install. The cats section clamps together with the Xpipe section. My stock exhaust is 100% intact and in one piece. Best to call Fabspeed for more details regarding how a shipping unit would be.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BimmerRob08 View Post
I did not know that the HFC from fabspeed are bolt on with the fabspeed x-pipe that's on the web page. I would have thought there was still some cutting to be done. I'll call them for details but do you have any pictures of your set up by chance? From what I'm gathering now is that the HFC you got from fabspeed bolt up right up to the x-pipe you bought also? So there for your OEM exhaust is still all intact but you can swop it out if need be? Just need some clearification on this. thanks,
__________________
2009 Space Gray Carbon Leather E90 with DCT, Tech package, and EPS. Mods: Fabspeed 200 cell cats, Xpipe w/resonators and no secondary cats, BPM tune, Euro DCT software, Eisenmann Sport Mufflers, Vorsteiner Rear Diffuser II, SWS8 subs, JL Audio XD400 bridged 2X200W, built in radar
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2009, 01:33 PM   #12
chinster
Enlisted Member
United_States
6
Rep
34
Posts

Drives: 2009 BMW E92 M3
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: NY

iTrader: (0)

sec cat and res...... INCREDIBLE!!

gthirtyfizle, where are you in NYC? I just sent you a PM.
Maybe we can meet up so I can here your exhaust.
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2009, 02:28 PM   #13
d_dot
4 * General
d_dot's Avatar
United_States
28
Rep
645
Posts

Drives: F12 M6,Audi R8 Lambo Gallardo
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Tri-State

iTrader: (0)

Send a message via AIM to d_dot
bro u know im going to have to come by again to check out the sound of that beast. it was already sounding good with just remus race now i bet it sounds way better. lemme know when i can stop by.
__________________
Nissan GT-R (Sold) E92 M3 + 335 (sold) F10 535 (sold) When Driving Nice Whips It Helps To Have Nice Kix!
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2009, 02:56 PM   #14
gthirtyfizle
Colonel
gthirtyfizle's Avatar
124
Rep
2,872
Posts

Drives: E92 M3 AW
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: NYC

iTrader: (4)

Ok guys this is how it is.... If you go Dogears route, absolutely no cutting will be done being that fabspeeds expipe and HFC connect together via Vclamps. I chose not to go with the HFC and just did their xpipe. The stock xpipe is welded together with the primary cats so u need to cut where that welding point is, then u basically slide the fabspeed xpipe over the tips of the end of the first cat pipes and clamp it together. Now if u wanted to go back to stock, of course it can b done, but clamps will need to b used and the tips of the stock xpipe may need to b widened so they can fit over the attaching part and then clamped together. I am pretty sure no one will ever wanna go back to stock tho lol.

As far as the sound goes, I wanna take a good video clip, just trying to figure out how since Im parked in the city right now lol. But the sound is just incredible. If u wanna keep it low, just shift before 4.5k rpms and it will basically sound close to stock (remus race stock) Once u get on it, above 4.5k thats where it starts to shine. The sound is kinda deep at first and then a little raspier, nothing like the e46 M3 tho. At WOT its a beast. U can deff feel the power difference as well, big time. Redligning first and going on to second is music to ur ears, seriously insane.

Anyone who is local and want to meet up, ur more then welcome to.
ddot, I know what ur looking for, give remus and fabspeed a call now and order cause ur gonna love this, Ill bet anything.
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2009, 03:32 PM   #15
J08M3
Major General
J08M3's Avatar
United_States
190
Rep
6,009
Posts

Drives: 2011 M3 COUPE
Join Date: May 2008
Location: NEW YORK

iTrader: (8)

Just curious why you bought the fabspeed x-pipe when you could've just done a secondary cat delete like I did for what I'm sure was less money?
__________________
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2009, 03:34 PM   #16
gthirtyfizle
Colonel
gthirtyfizle's Avatar
124
Rep
2,872
Posts

Drives: E92 M3 AW
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: NYC

iTrader: (4)

I know I could have just put straight pipes for the cat section and the res section, but belive it or not cost may have been very similar. This way U get a whole new piece and their xpipe is very well made.
Appreciate 0
      05-01-2009, 08:57 AM   #17
Manny212
Captain
Manny212's Avatar
United_States
38
Rep
666
Posts

Drives: 2008 M3
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: NY

iTrader: (3)

Send a message via AIM to Manny212
i'd like to hear it sometime. I have an EI xpipe with HFC's on the way and would like to compare
__________________

2008 E92///M3 - | Alpine White/Fox Red Extended Novillo | Technology | Premium | Cold |
Mods: | 19" Avante Garde | Macht Schnell Filter | RPi Scoops | Rogue SSK | MS Spacers | ACM Test Pipes | ESS Tune | Remus Race | LUX V4 Angels | KW V3 |
Appreciate 0
      05-01-2009, 09:07 AM   #18
CSanto
Colonel
459
Rep
2,957
Posts

Drives: 2015 BSM/SO M3
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: New York

iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by J08M3 View Post
Just curious why you bought the fabspeed x-pipe when you could've just done a secondary cat delete like I did for what I'm sure was less money?
Does the fabspeed xpipe delete the secondary cats?

What are the emission effects of doing this?
Appreciate 0
      05-01-2009, 09:11 AM   #19
Manny212
Captain
Manny212's Avatar
United_States
38
Rep
666
Posts

Drives: 2008 M3
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: NY

iTrader: (3)

Send a message via AIM to Manny212
Quote:
Originally Posted by HREM3 View Post
Does the fabspeed xpipe delete the secondary cats?

What are the emission effects of doing this?
yes it does and no it won't affect emissions
__________________

2008 E92///M3 - | Alpine White/Fox Red Extended Novillo | Technology | Premium | Cold |
Mods: | 19" Avante Garde | Macht Schnell Filter | RPi Scoops | Rogue SSK | MS Spacers | ACM Test Pipes | ESS Tune | Remus Race | LUX V4 Angels | KW V3 |
Appreciate 0
      05-01-2009, 12:54 PM   #20
chris s
Major General
chris s's Avatar
769
Rep
6,702
Posts

Drives: 2016 SMB F80 M3
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: New York

iTrader: (11)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gthirtyfizle View Post
Anyone who is local and want to meet up, ur more then welcome to.
Where in the city are you? I work in the city and would definitely like to hear it. I live in Westchester...where are you? thx
__________________
2016 Individual F80 M3 - San Marino Blue|Full Amaro | Built by IMG Motorsport and Prime Performance | Mode Carbon | ESS | Akrapovic EVO | KW HAS | M Performance...
2012 MR e92 M3 DCT, fully loaded... GONE but not forgotten!
2008 e92 M3 Coupe 6MT | AW/BLK Extended...SOLD!
Appreciate 0
      05-01-2009, 01:58 PM   #21
J08M3
Major General
J08M3's Avatar
United_States
190
Rep
6,009
Posts

Drives: 2011 M3 COUPE
Join Date: May 2008
Location: NEW YORK

iTrader: (8)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manny212 View Post
yes it does and no it won't affect emissions

+1

I already passed a NYS inspection like this. So it's nothing to worry about.
__________________
Appreciate 0
      05-01-2009, 02:30 PM   #22
BimmerRob08
Major
BimmerRob08's Avatar
United_States
68
Rep
1,263
Posts

Drives: 2008 M3, Space Gray
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: KIKR (ABQ), NM

iTrader: (0)

Well after much depate, sleepless nights and head banging (just kidding) I purchased the EI x-pipe with HFC. After doing a compare of prices, it's about $400 cheaper and I like the looks of the EI, pictures of course. So I won't be able to install it until I get back from my trip but pictures and vids to come...in about 4 months.

Cheers!

BTW, It'll be with the stock exhaust until I get some Remus Race on there. It shoud sound real good then
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:03 PM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST