BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board

12-20-2007, 02:26 PM   #23
Neema
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: a few BMWs

I still think the best tag heuer watch and the one worth getting is the Carrera.....I can actually get you one for well under 2k, try around 1200 brand new. How?

Because I used to work in the Fashion Island mall at newport beach, my manager Brendan was a watch enthusiasts. Working in a classy clothing store and building up clients meant that we were always helping out new people that we would later find out were owners of such and such, or some how important people. Anyway, I specifically remember talking to him about wanting a watch and remember him telling me that he was good friends with the owners of a big jewelery store in the Fashion Island Mall here in newprt beach (the name escapes me right now) and that he could get me a new Tag Heuer Carrera for around 1-1200 dollars. He himself just had a rolex sub mariner that he got for super cheap as well. I havent talked to him in almost a year, but he is still a friend of mine none the less. Haha, matter of fact, he hit me up about 10 months ago looking for a BMW hook up, so I guess you could say this is a win win situation. Im still great friends with many of the people I worked with and the managers at the different stores, so getting through to Brendan wont be a problem at all. So anyways bud, let me know what you think...heres the carrera in the pictures. I dont see why I wouldnt be able to get other watches as well. And please remember, these are watches coming from the best shops in Newport Beach and the South Coast Plaza mall........not some random cheapo fake stuff.
Attached Images

LTMW Widebody+1M front bumper+Slek CF Lip|M3 Hood|StopTech BBK|M-Sport Rear Bumper+DD CF Diffuser|Custom Recaro Seats|KW V2|BavX LS3|M3 Side Skirts+Custom CF Lip|BBS CHR 19x10.5+BBS Lugs|LCI Taillights|RD Sport Anti-Sway Bars|GIAC S2|ER Intercooler+CF Shroud+Charge Pipe|Tial BOV|Injen Intake|MS downpipes|Custom Exhaust|BMS Oil Catch Can|M3 DCT wheel+TiD CF Paddles|BMW CF Trunk Spoiler|Aluminum Pedals
Appreciate 0
      12-20-2007, 02:29 PM   #24
Neema
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: a few BMWs

^^^ Tag Heuer Carrera's are automatics as well

LTMW Widebody+1M front bumper+Slek CF Lip|M3 Hood|StopTech BBK|M-Sport Rear Bumper+DD CF Diffuser|Custom Recaro Seats|KW V2|BavX LS3|M3 Side Skirts+Custom CF Lip|BBS CHR 19x10.5+BBS Lugs|LCI Taillights|RD Sport Anti-Sway Bars|GIAC S2|ER Intercooler+CF Shroud+Charge Pipe|Tial BOV|Injen Intake|MS downpipes|Custom Exhaust|BMS Oil Catch Can|M3 DCT wheel+TiD CF Paddles|BMW CF Trunk Spoiler|Aluminum Pedals
Appreciate 0
      12-20-2007, 02:37 PM   #25
aztec
Bean2GO
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 BMW X4 M40i

Oris Or Tissot
      12-20-2007, 02:52 PM   #26
///Matt
United States Marine
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 Dodge Ram 1500

Garage List
2006 330i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by M3This View Post
I dont totally buy that .....

If you want the best performing car for the money you would have bought a Evo or STI .... looks shouldn't be an issue if you really are all about "form over function"
I work on BMW's, and therefore get a discount, making BMW's the best performance for MY money. =) If I didn't work here, I would have bought an STI.
Appreciate 0
      12-20-2007, 03:06 PM   #27
gonzo
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: as many as possible

I don't treat myself often but I do like...
Good food
Good beer
Good cars
Good watch
Good shoes
Good dog
Good friends/family
Bad women.
      12-20-2007, 03:20 PM   #28
Vegas_Sirk
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 JKU Wrangler

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by ///Matt View Post
I work on BMW's, and therefore get a discount, making BMW's the best performance for MY money. =) If I didn't work here, I would have bought an STI.
That makes sense then
________
No2 vaporizer review
________
Avandia heart attack
________
EXPERT INSURANCE
________
Paradise Park Jomtien
________
Latin Girl Live

Last edited by Vegas_Sirk; 09-19-2011 at 11:13 AM..
Appreciate 0
      12-20-2007, 03:45 PM   #29
BMdblU
Brigadier General
Zimbabwe
Rep
Drives: F80

Quote:
I can't believe anyone would EVER consider spending $1000 on a watch.

Unless it comes with a 19 year old blond swedish girl, who'll do your bidding on command for life.

For christ' sake people, it's a WATCH. If you need a watch to impress people, perhaps you should be focusing more on your demeanor, professionalism, and charisma. They are apparently lacking.
Because a watch makes a statement. It says something about you. Women look at shoes, a watch, and a nice smile is always a plus.
Appreciate 0
      12-20-2007, 03:54 PM   #30
scottwww
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 07 BMW 335i, 15 Infiniti Q60S

I spent $1,300 on a watch for my wife a few years ago. Wouldn't do that again. I don't like buying jewelry for her anymore.

I stopped wearing a watch. I found that I looked at the time too often. It didn't have any benefit for me to be that aware of the time. If I need to know the time, I can look at my cellphone or computer screen.
Appreciate 0
      12-20-2007, 05:20 PM   #31
RenaultOne
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW E90 328i Jet Black

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boost_Nation View Post
I still think the best tag heuer watch and the one worth getting is the Carrera.....I can actually get you one for well under 2k, try around 1200 brand new. How?

Because I used to work in the Fashion Island mall at newport beach, my manager Brendan was a watch enthusiasts. Working in a classy clothing store and building up clients meant that we were always helping out new people that we would later find out were owners of such and such, or some how important people. Anyway, I specifically remember talking to him about wanting a watch and remember him telling me that he was good friends with the owners of a big jewelery store in the Fashion Island Mall here in newprt beach (the name escapes me right now) and that he could get me a new Tag Heuer Carrera for around 1-1200 dollars. He himself just had a rolex sub mariner that he got for super cheap as well. I havent talked to him in almost a year, but he is still a friend of mine none the less. Haha, matter of fact, he hit me up about 10 months ago looking for a BMW hook up, so I guess you could say this is a win win situation. Im still great friends with many of the people I worked with and the managers at the different stores, so getting through to Brendan wont be a problem at all. So anyways bud, let me know what you think...heres the carrera in the pictures. I dont see why I wouldnt be able to get other watches as well. And please remember, these are watches coming from the best shops in Newport Beach and the South Coast Plaza mall........not some random cheapo fake stuff.
+1 My friend who got his carrera (the tiger woods version) from his grandpa says he absolutely loves the thing (even though I dont think ppl should judge their watch, esp. expensive ones until a few years of ownership). And for a graduation gift he suppose to get an new E92 M3!! Right now he is driving a 95 Ford Explorer. So anyways try to get a carrera, I think it's perfect for any occasion (GQ magazine even thinks so)!!!
Appreciate 0
      12-20-2007, 05:26 PM   #32
NaTuReB0Y
Powered By 36DD
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 E90

my cell phone is the only watch i need............
      12-20-2007, 05:40 PM   #33
335Xray
Do, or do not. There is no 'try'.
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 X5 50i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by aztec View Post
Oris Or Tissot
x2.

The Oris F1 driving collection is nice and in that price range. Also check out Hamilton. They are swiss made and relatively reasonable.

Hamilton X-wind Retail $1295 can be had at an authorized dealer (AD) for ~$1K. Big, interesting, swiss movement. 300M water resistant

Oris F1 many varieties. Check TheTimeZone an authorized dealer that will give you a good price over the phone. This particular watch = $1000 retail. Little smaller, interesting CF dial, classy

Get what you like, don't spend more than you can afford and don't listen to the haters. A nice watch is a luxury yes, but so is a BMW.

Appreciate 0
      12-20-2007, 06:37 PM   #34
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 06' 325i/08' 350z/09' 128i

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpimping View Post
tag? I would just save the money and get an iwc or rolex later on...
true, i'm 22 and i got 2 rolex(datejust and GMT Master 2) and 1 tag, i made a mistake for getting the Tag. Look into IWC, they look nice but don't know how much they really go for. Didn't see where your from but if you're in San Francisco, i can hook you up with some high end watches from Shreve. I'm planning to get a Panerai soon.
Appreciate 0
      12-20-2007, 07:15 PM   #35
ianbiz
Back in a BMW
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 335i Msport

Quote:
Originally Posted by shpuntik View Post
AND they have a line dedicated to Williams F1 (Which is the official BMW team)
Williams no longer uses BMW engines. BMW in F1 = BMW Sauber
      12-20-2007, 07:23 PM   #36
wrickem
Big Beaver Smile
Rep
Drives: What he wants to

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Blob View Post
Spending 1000 dollars for a watch isn't a very smart investment.
Actually, for a good watch you won't lose money at all. I recently bought a vintage Rolex that cost the original owner $800 in 1964. He got that plus a little more from me recently because it was exactly what I was looking for (it looks just like a Timex, plain as heck but I love it).
      12-20-2007, 09:21 PM   #37
Jaws
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2006 325i mt

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrickem View Post
Actually, for a good watch you won't lose money at all. I recently bought a vintage Rolex that cost the original owner $800 in 1964. He got that plus a little more from me recently because it was exactly what I was looking for (it looks just like a Timex, plain as heck but I love it).
What would $800 invested in 1964 be worth now? Assuming 4% annual interest it's $4300.
Appreciate 0
      12-20-2007, 09:27 PM   #38
ElRedOne
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '06 330xi, '06 Z4M

Movado

Since you're leaning towards Movado, I can recommend the Valor. It's around $1K, and with a sapphire crystal and high-gloss tungsten-carbide construction, it will always look new. I know, I have one and though it's 4 years old, it still looks like it just came from the box. Super sleek.

BTW, I also love Skagen. 1/10th the cost and even sleeker.
Appreciate 0
      12-20-2007, 09:54 PM   #39
The_Blob
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2008 E92 335i

I'm a watch fan myself but I don't have the money to blow on a really nice watch. The watch I want to get cost over 10 grand which is a IWC Big Pilot watch.

I recommend this German watch company called Archimede which uses swiss movements that are found on watches that cost over 3-5 grand of more. They're like wannabe IWC Pilot watches.

http://www.archimede-uhren.de/EN/Pilot.htm
Appreciate 0
      12-21-2007, 02:40 AM   #40
samwoo2go
Banned
Rep
Drives: E92 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boost_Nation View Post

Awsome Boost...I'll def keep that in mind!
Appreciate 0
      12-21-2007, 02:44 AM   #41
mpimping
Banned
South Korea
Rep
Drives: gti

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Blob View Post
Spending 1000 dollars for a watch isn't a very smart investment.
it's not because those watches will depreciate more than a rolex or cartier... use your cell phone...
Appreciate 0
      12-21-2007, 02:54 AM   #42
garyhgaryh
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: Supercharged e30 M3

Quote:

Unless it comes with a 19 year old blond swedish girl, who'll do your bidding on command for life.

For christ' sake people, it's a WATCH. If you need a watch to impress people, perhaps you should be focusing more on your demeanor, professionalism, and charisma. They are apparently lacking.
lol
Appreciate 0
      12-21-2007, 03:00 AM   #43
garyhgaryh
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: Supercharged e30 M3

Now, should he get an automatic wind up watch (AWUW) or a manual wind up watch (MWUW). I think the manual crowd will say the automatic wears are not true watch enthusiast. There's nothing like winding a watch by hand, who needs new technology. They want to drive the watch vs having the watch drive them....
Appreciate 0
      12-21-2007, 03:31 AM   #44
youyou
Banned
Canada
Rep
Drives: Porsche 997 C4S

Quote:

I own 3 watches and the total cost of the 3 is about 35,000$.
And i couldn't be happier!!!!
And i'll keep on spending on watches because I LOVE WATCHES!!!
Appreciate 0