BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Wash, Wax, Detail, Cosmetic Maintenance & Repairs

03-14-2016, 11:36 PM   #1
Iiinsomniac
Private
Rep
Drives: Bmw e90

Xpel Clear bra cost?

How much would it cost to do a clear bra that covers the hood, bumper, fenders, and mirrors?

Just looking to see what I would be spending here in Los Angeles. I was quoted $1695.

Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2016, 08:33 AM   #2
XPEL
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M3

A typical full front end(full hood, front bumper, headlights, mirrors and fenders) on a BMW can range between from $1,795 - $2,100 depending where you're at. Make sure you see the work the shop does before hand, as the cheapest is not always the best route.
Appreciate 0
      03-17-2016, 10:13 AM   #3
Helmsman
Major General
Sweden
Rep
Drives: 2011 AW E90 M3 ZCP

Wow. Nice to see something more expensive the US for a change. Usually you guys get everything "for free" compared to here.
I paid $500 for complete front/bonnet/fenders.
Appreciate 0
      03-17-2016, 10:23 AM   #4
rjd598
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: F30 340i

Garage List
2016 BMW 340i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Helmsman View Post
Wow. Nice to see something more expensive the US for a change. Usually you guys get everything "for free" compared to here.
I paid $500 for complete front/bonnet/fenders.
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2016, 09:57 AM   #5
radiofrequency
Field Marshall
Rep
Drives: 2018 M4 ZCP, 2021 M2 Comp

Quote:
Originally Posted by XPEL View Post
A typical full front end(full hood, front bumper, headlights, mirrors and fenders) on a BMW can range between from $1,795 - $2,100 depending where you're at. Make sure you see the work the shop does before hand, as the cheapest is not always the best route.
+1: the prep work is also important, you want the vehicle to undergo a good claying, followed up by paint correction. This will obviously add to the cost, but what's the point of clear bra on uncorrected paint? You also want an experienced individual placing the clear bra. It gets expensive when you have to get the job redone. The first vehicle I had clear bra'd was my E92 M3, the work done was sub standard and I subsequently had it replaced. I learned my lesson the hard way, and have had 4 vehicles clear bra'd by the same shop since that first bad experience. My most recent vehicle to be clear bra'd was a new 991 C4S, the paint correction alone took 9 hours of labor, but the result was fantastic. you should also consider having a coating applied to the rest of the vehicle, Modesta is the most expensive, but well worth the cost - hope this helps.
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2016, 10:54 AM   #6
XPEL
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by radiofrequency View Post
+1: the prep work is also important, you want the vehicle to undergo a good claying, followed up by paint correction. This will obviously add to the cost, but what's the point of clear bra on uncorrected paint? You also want an experienced individual placing the clear bra. It gets expensive when you have to get the job redone. The first vehicle I had clear bra'd was my E92 M3, the work done was sub standard and I subsequently had it replaced. I learned my lesson the hard way, and have had 4 vehicles clear bra'd by the same shop since that first bad experience. My most recent vehicle to be clear bra'd was a new 991 C4S, the paint correction alone took 9 hours of labor, but the result was fantastic. you should also consider having a coating applied to the rest of the vehicle, Modesta is the most expensive, but well worth the cost - hope this helps.
It depends how bad the paint condition is in, we do not do any sort of paint corrections at our corporate stores that are spread throughout Texas. XPEL ULTIMATE actually masks the imperfections such as swirl marks and fine scratches. One of our installers, Detailed Designs Auto Spa, made a video to show just that,

After the bra is applied, anywhere you didnt have film installed the paint will look as it did before. Unless you add correction, coating, etc.
Appreciate 0
      06-07-2016, 02:19 PM   #7
Chewbaccam
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2011 E92 M3 Frozen Grey

Seeing these price quotes, its making me question someone i know- he said he paid 5k for his whole macan to get xpel'd...hrm...
Appreciate 0
      06-07-2016, 03:30 PM   #8
oolas3
Captain
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chewbaccam View Post
Seeing these price quotes, its making me question someone i know- he said he paid 5k for his whole macan to get xpel'd...hrm...

That's about right for a whole car meaning every last panel. The prices listed here are for much less than the whole car. Either way I'm shocked at the prices.
Appreciate 1
      06-07-2016, 06:46 PM   #9
KishMish
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW M3

Pretty sure youre being charged extra due "BMW"
Appreciate 0