BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU Software Modifications

08-05-2017, 12:42 PM   #1
aryanm3
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 F80 M3

MPE + Bimmerworld X pipe

Alright guys, so I took the risk and went with a catless x pipe paired to my MPE. Everyone on the forums was telling me it's terribly raspy and not possible to make a catless setup sound good with MPE. However, I took the risk and I'm so glad that I did! There is a little "annoying" rasp when very slowly accelerating around 2k rpm, but if you accelerate a tiny bit aggressive or keep rpms higher you don't even hear it. This setup screams like a f***ing racecar!!!! I have the evolve R tune with backfire and overrun and it even shoots flames!!! I'll get some YouTube videos of the flames up ASAP, my channel is "Aryan Minooe" anyways... I just wanted to say that if you have MPE and want a loud high pitched racecar sound, kinda like IPE, then do the Bimmerworld catless (resonated) x pipe. It also adds very noticeable power gains especially with the evolve tune. Feel free to ask any other questions about the setup. Ill have videos on my YouTube ASAP like I said!
Appreciate 0
      10-05-2017, 09:36 PM   #2
L4ces
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 E92 M3 Alpine White

Garage List
2008 M3  [0.00]
I don't think many MPE owners want it to sound like and IPE (me included). Too raspy.

Did you post videos?

Last edited by L4ces; 10-05-2017 at 09:42 PM..
Appreciate 0
      10-05-2017, 10:02 PM   #3
L4ces
Major
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2008 M3  [0.00]
I found the youtube channel and listened. I agree that it isn't as raspy, possibly less so than test pipes.

For me, what i like about the stock and test pipe MPE setup is that it is quiet and subtle except for when you hammer it. It sounds like that quiet attribute is lost with the World x-pipes. It sounds like the exhaust is what some describe as "always on". TestPipe MPE or OEM MPE is "not always on". I am not saying it is a bad thing to be "always on", it just isn't my thing as of recent (to be specific, loud+always on").

Is my assessment correct or not?
Will you please produce some outside video with a normal bypass or with really mild acceleration for outside the cabin?

Also, lowest priority is the mic on the exhaust vids. That just isn't her accurate.

From youtube: when your say it is a 9 on a scale of 1-10, I am interpreting it as obnoxiously loud but awesome sounding. Correct?
Appreciate 0
      10-05-2017, 10:29 PM   #4
Route 16
I got lei'd
Philippines
Rep
Drives: '10 E90 M3

wheres the video
Appreciate 0
      10-05-2017, 10:31 PM   #5
aryanm3
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Route 16 View Post
wheres the video
It?s on my channel, ?Aryan Minooe? Here?s the link:

Appreciate 1
      10-05-2017, 10:36 PM   #6
aryanm3
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by L4ces View Post
I found the youtube channel and listened. I agree that it isn't as raspy, possibly less so than test pipes.

For me, what i like about the stock and test pipe MPE setup is that it is quiet and subtle except for when you hammer it. It sounds like that quiet attribute is lost with the World x-pipes. It sounds like the exhaust is what some describe as "always on". TestPipe MPE or OEM MPE is "not always on". I am not saying it is a bad thing to be "always on", it just isn't my thing as of recent (to be specific, loud+always on").

Is my assessment correct or not?
Will you please produce some outside video with a normal bypass or with really mild acceleration for outside the cabin?

Also, lowest priority is the mic on the exhaust vids. That just isn't her accurate.

From youtube: when your say it is a 9 on a scale of 1-10, I am interpreting it as obnoxiously loud but awesome sounding. Correct?
You are correct that it is louder overall. I would say it?s loud enough to scare/upset people but it?s not like a straight piped loud either, keep in mind that it still has a solid muffler and two resonators. It is honestly very tamed under 3.5k rpm while under normal acceleration/cruising. I?ll post some more videos of it this weekend. It even shoots flames occasionally with my Evolve tune! Honestly I love it, sounds like a race car under hard accelerations and downshifts, but it?s not for everyone, as it is pretty aggressive or ?obnoxious? as my teachers tell me LOL.
Appreciate 0
      10-05-2017, 11:19 PM   #7
L4ces
Major
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2008 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by aryanminooe99 View Post
You are correct that it is louder overall. I would say it?s loud enough to scare/upset people but it?s not like a straight piped loud either, keep in mind that it still has a solid muffler and two resonators. It is honestly very tamed under 3.5k rpm while under normal acceleration/cruising. I?ll post some more videos of it this weekend. It even shoots flames occasionally with my Evolve tune! Honestly I love it, sounds like a race car under hard accelerations and downshifts, but it?s not for everyone, as it is pretty aggressive or ?obnoxious? as my teachers tell me LOL.
Yeah this setup is more than that tweak to rid a little rasp. However, for an aggressive or obnoxious, it was petty good. I liked some of the bass hollow sound at the very end (it was low in the RPM range).

Hopefully a video with the MPE + Resonated Test-Pipe will get published. Anyone with this setup, please help out.

Also here is a track video with the evolve test pipe + MPE. It sounds good but I still hear that overpowering flappy-buzzy sound drowning out the natural silhouette that I am trying to enhance.
Appreciate 1
      10-05-2017, 11:33 PM   #8
JsL
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 AW M3 ZCP

Sounds very loud and free flowing.

Last edited by JsL; 10-06-2017 at 01:33 AM..
Appreciate 0
      10-07-2017, 09:14 AM   #9
6ixSpd
Save the manuals!
Rep
Drives: '16 M3, '23 718 Spyder

Definitely sounds great if a louder setup is what you're after. I just can't stand catless small otherwise definitely rock a catless xpipe with my MPE.

The test pipes and MPE combo is fantastic for reasons listed above. Extremely subtle when you're not on throttle but a screamer when you are.

Past: E92 M3, F87 M2, E39 M5, etc

Last edited by 6ixSpd; 10-07-2017 at 10:39 AM..
Appreciate 0