BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)

04-12-2010, 02:25 PM   #1
pumper206
80 Deep, We All Eat!!!
Taiwan
Rep
Drives: 2009 AW E92 M3

I Think I'm Sick...

Not sure about anyone else on the board but I think I'm super infatuated with my E92 M3. Infatuated to the point that I think I may be sick in the head. Here are the reasons why....

1. I'm always on M3Post (daily basis)
2. Can't stop modding the car
3. I find myself always daydreaming about my M3 and potential 'new' mods
4. Always want to take pictures of my car
5. Can't stop looking at my car
6. Find it difficult to drive anything else(I have 2 cars the 'M3' and Lexus RX), even on a rainy day
7. I do group meetings where we all get together for hours to talk about and take pictures of our M3's.
8. Did I mention that I can't stop modding the car??
9. I care about the car more than I do my girl
10. Always get an overwhelming sense of satisfaction when driving...

Anybody else have any issues with this or am I the only sick one on the board??
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2010, 02:27 PM   #2
Drew1204
Private
Rep
Drives: F90 M5C

Quote:
Originally Posted by pumper206 View Post

Not sure about anyone else on the board but I think I'm super infatuated with my E92 M3. Infatuated to the point that I think I may be sick in the head. Here are the reasons why....

1. I'm always on M3 Post(daily basis)
6. Find it difficult to drive anything else(I have 2 cars the 'M3' and Lexus RX), even on a rainy day
7. I do group meetings where we all get together for hours to talk about and take pictures of our M3's.

LOL I am picking up my car tomorrow... but I have had some of those feelings with my other cars! NEVER this tho... "9. I care about the car more than I do my girl"
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2010, 02:39 PM   #3
Stunnerable
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: Nissan Rogue, 09 Jet Black M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drew1204 View Post
LOL I am picking up my car tomorrow... but I have had some of those feelings with my other cars! NEVER this tho... "9. I care about the car more than I do my girl"
Never?

Not my wife now.. but I can list a long line of past girlfriends who wouldn't come close. I've had a few cars that I literally slept in the first night they were home.

Funny.. the cars and the girlfriends have more in common that I thought.

Appreciate 0
      04-12-2010, 02:40 PM   #4
Pillzilla
Drunk before 11AM
Rep
Drives: 07RDX,11E90M3,14X3 35i

Garage List
2011 E90 M3  [8.50]
2014 X3 35i  [0.00]
production will be completed on my car on April 13, but i already have # 1 and 3 of your illness and i hope to be a sick as you in about a month
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2010, 02:57 PM   #5
ersin
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 17 YMB F80 M3

Take two aspirins and go for a drive. You'll get over it.

Cheers.
      04-12-2010, 03:04 PM   #6
pumper206
80 Deep, We All Eat!!!
Taiwan
Rep

LoL, yeah do that. Gaurantee you'll get over it!!
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2010, 03:11 PM   #7
pumper206
80 Deep, We All Eat!!!
Taiwan
Rep

Quote:
Congratulations on your car!!!! Watch what happens after you pick up your car. You're gonna get hit with the sickness!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stunnerable View Post
Never?
Not my wife now.. but I can list a long line of past girlfriends who wouldn't come close. I've had a few cars that I literally slept in the first night they were home.

Funny.. the cars and the girlfriends have more in common that I thought.
For Sure!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pillzilla View Post
production will be completed on my car on April 13, but i already have # 1 and 3 of your illness and i hope to be a sick as you in about a month
Don't you worry. You'll have the full range of the 'sickness' just as soon as you get your car.
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2010, 03:17 PM   #8
Alchem
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 335xi

Quote:
Then you are not doing it right.
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2010, 03:30 PM   #9
comebackid
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2023 M4 Competiton, 2021 X7

I've been with someone since May 2009. I've been slamming the boards since November waiting in anticipation for May 2010 when my lease is up. After extensive research, I decided to go with a 2011 M3. Almost pulled the trigger on the 335i.

Anyway, we had a long talk 2 weeks ago, and she said I pay more attention to my "stupid car" (which is still not built yet) than her. You know something. She's right. There's more to it which I won't discuss here, but she does have a point. I just spent over 1 1/2 hours reading threads on clear reflectors and I still can't decide! By the way. Will clear reflectors look good on jet black?
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2010, 03:43 PM   #10
zamm3k
Bla!
United_States
Rep
Drives: F82 M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by comebackid View Post
I've been with someone since May 2009. I've been slamming the boards since November waiting in anticipation for May 2010 when my lease is up. After extensive research, I decided to go with a 2011 M3. Almost pulled the trigger on the 335i.

Anyway, we had a long talk 2 weeks ago, and she said I pay more attention to my "stupid car" (which is still not built yet) than her. You know something. She's right. There's more to it which I won't discuss here, but she does have a point. I just spent over 1 1/2 hours reading threads on clear reflectors and I still can't decide! By the way. Will clear reflectors look good on jet black?
Clear reflectors will look horrible on jet black. Get color matched reflectors!
      04-12-2010, 03:53 PM   #11
pumper206
80 Deep, We All Eat!!!
Taiwan
Rep

Quote:

Good job on picking the M3.
And about the clear reflectors...I would go with the color matched painted reflectors.
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2010, 04:43 PM   #12
MasterDank
Boats & Hoes
United_States
Rep
Drives: 13 F10 M5 Sakhir Orang,Chohiba

Yeah its not a sickness its a disease, I cant do anything about it. I got my e92 to stop modding cars..... But after 2 months and $10K Im realizing there is no cure ... You have to keep the girl/wife happy some times you have to compromise.. But that gives you time to think about whats next. Glade to see you all infected with it to, it is an awesome car and looks ,sounds, and preforms beautifully.

oohh no here comes the wife must close laptop..

Alex

Last edited by MasterDank; 04-13-2010 at 02:19 AM..
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2010, 04:57 PM   #13
mrdenis
mcopb8
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 E92 M3

Quote:

N

I suggest having sex with her in the car and then slowly backing away from one of them ...
2006 BMW M3 coupe - sold
1999 BMW 540i touring - sold
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2010, 05:05 PM   #14
pumper206
80 Deep, We All Eat!!!
Taiwan
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrdenis View Post
I suggest having sex with her in the car and then slowly backing away from one of them ...
LoL!! Didn't you know it's bad luck to have sex w/your girlfriend in the car? Hella bad luck!!! Your car will get super mad and you'll be plagued with retarded shit that keeps happening to the car!! BTW, I'm serious about the bad luck thing. It's happened to me many times. Only applies if you're male tho. Unless you're a homo(short for homosexual). Not sure how the rules would apply then.
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2010, 05:11 PM   #15
pumper206
80 Deep, We All Eat!!!
Taiwan
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterDank View Post
Yeah its not a sickness its a disease, I cant do anything about it. I got my e92 to stop modding cars..... But after 2 months and $10K Im realizing there is no cure ... You have to keep the girl/wife happy some times you have to compromise.. But that gives you time to think about whats next. Glade to see you all infected with it to, it is an awesome car and looks ,sounds, and preforms beautifully.

oohh no hear comes the wife must close laptop..

Alex
I thought maybe I was the only one. I, too, thought that having a 414HP M3 would cure my modding 'disease'. But, to no avail. I've already spent 7K total and another 7K right around the corner. Ridiculous. Simply ridiculous.
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2010, 07:46 PM   #16
Finnegan
Dog Listener
United_States
Rep
Drives: Z4M/. Z3M, E36/46 M3

Quote:

OP and kid--time to move on (not the car, the girlfriend). Find one that gets your "car thing" and preferably one who has the same condition. At the very least a SO should "get you" and support/respect your hobby even if it isn't their thing. That advice goes both ways btw. (Having shared hobbies--whatever those may be--strengthen relationships and are a big plus to a happy relationship...). Plus if you really do love the car more that's saying something too (and it's not fair to the other person IMO).

My wife and I spend hours on these boards and talking mods (that is when we're not working on our cars or better yet driving them)! Yeah, I'm lucky although it makes it more expensive for sure. But when both discovered we were car nuts it's added a whole new dimension of fun to the relationship (which, trust me, is really cool when you've known someone for 26 years.)

Without at least a basic level of understanding (and at least an equal love for them vs. car on your part) things are not likely to improve and the car and your obsession/hobby will just be something they never get. God forbid you marry one of them as they'll have you dumping the M3 for a Dodge Caravan faster than you can spit--and if you don't oh life will be unbearable. Seen it happen guys and it ain't pretty.

Okay, I'm done and off my relationship soapbox for the rest of the year.
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2010, 08:22 PM   #17
comebackid
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finnegan View Post
OP and kid--time to move on (not the car, the girlfriend). Find one that gets your "car thing" and preferably one who has the same condition. At the very least a SO should "get you" and support/respect your hobby even if it isn't their thing. That advice goes both ways btw. (Having shared hobbies--whatever those may be--strengthen relationships and are a big plus to a happy relationship...). Plus if you really do love the car more that's saying something too (and it's not fair to the other person IMO).

My wife and I spend hours on these boards and talking mods (that is when we're not working on our cars or better yet driving them)! Yeah, I'm lucky although it makes it more expensive for sure. But when both discovered we were car nuts it's added a whole new dimension of fun to the relationship (which, trust me, is really cool when you've known someone for 26 years.)

Without at least a basic level of understanding (and at least an equal love for them vs. car on your part) things are not likely to improve and the car and your obsession/hobby will just be something they never get. God forbid you marry one of them as they'll have you dumping the M3 for a Dodge Caravan faster than you can spit--and if you don't oh life will be unbearable. Seen it happen guys and it ain't pretty.

Okay, I'm done and off my relationship soapbox for the rest of the year.
I hear ya. There's other stuff as well, but the car thing is definitely high on the list. Aughhh. Women.

By the way. You sound like you found your soul mate. I don't think I ever met a woman I can talk shop with. That's cool for me though. As long as she doesn't get in the way of my wants and needs. Like I WANT my M3 and I NEED to mod it!
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2010, 08:24 PM   #18
comebackid
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Good job on picking the M3.
And about the clear reflectors...I would go with the color matched painted reflectors.
Thanks pumper.

I was afraid you were going to say to go colored. I don't know. It may match the best, but it still looks like two bumps in the bumper to me. What about a smoked reflector? Better than clear?
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2010, 08:28 PM   #19
mrdenis
mcopb8
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 E92 M3

Quote:
LoL!! Didn't you know it's bad luck to have sex w/your girlfriend in the car? Hella bad luck!!! Your car will get super mad and you'll be plagued with retarded shit that keeps happening to the car!! BTW, I'm serious about the bad luck thing. It's happened to me many times. Only applies if you're male tho. Unless you're a homo(short for homosexual). Not sure how the rules would apply then.
HAHA - well, I take the opposite view: Having sex in the car with a girlfriend is a must because wives just don't want to. What does that tell you .
2006 BMW M3 coupe - sold
1999 BMW 540i touring - sold
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2010, 08:30 PM   #20
Finnegan
Dog Listener
United_States
Rep

The best would be a reflector delete (holes filled in). Lots of guys have done it. If you find the right shop to do it looks incredible!
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2010, 08:35 PM   #21
Finnegan
Dog Listener
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I hear ya. There's other stuff as well, but the car thing is definitely high on the list. Aughhh. Women.

By the way. You sound like you found your soul mate. I don't think I ever met a woman I can talk shop with. That's cool for me though. As long as she doesn't get in the way of my wants and needs. Like I WANT my M3 and I NEED to mod it!
Exactly! Finding a woman to talk shop with is tough (mine came with the DIY and art/mod/hobby bug which just found another way to manifest itself via cars). But finding someone who understands and accepts that about you ('cause it's who you are man) is the key thing.

Happy modding guys!
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2010, 10:02 PM   #22
Nawaaz
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: .

Quote:
Thanks pumper.

I was afraid you were going to say to go colored. I don't know. It may match the best, but it still looks like two bumps in the bumper to me. What about a smoked reflector? Better than clear?
Yes, go for smoked.

People question why I went for smoked on my IB exterior, but I honestly feel that smoked will look amazing on Jet Black.

Quote:

1. I'm always on M3Post (daily basis)

I have almost all of your sicknesses, except I don't have anymore money to spend on modding my M3.
Appreciate 0