BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)

EXXEL Distributions

04-12-2010, 12:47 AM   #45
rominl
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by 03BeastCharmer View Post
You only get the helmet with the 2 day M school, as a helmet is actually required when you do the full road course on the afternoon of the 2nd day. No helmet used during the 1 day event.

To "kcdude24" - My friend did ED, re-delivery at PC & then did M School, before driving back to Texas. You can do it. He was also tempted to go do the tail of the dragon on the afternoon he picked up the car before M School dinner, but there just wasn't enough time.
yes, sorry i wasn't clear. you only get helmet for 2 day

Quote:
Originally Posted by aus View Post
So what do you do during the 1 day event? There must be some track time but I would think you'd need a helmet for track time.
And they pay for 2 days hotel for a one day school?? Too bad it's in the middle of no where.
there is track time for first day, but it's a shorter track, and the max you get is right above 100mph.

at least for me and people i know, 2 day hotel paid for 1 day school (night before and night after)
      04-12-2010, 06:41 AM   #46
Sleeper519
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08 E92 M3 DCT

I bought my M3 in 12/08, and went to the "free" 1-day M-School finally in 11/09.
.....and now I get this card in the mail with some extended offer for the M-school, AGAIN! I'm thinking this is some kinda mistake, but hey if they're offering I'm doing it again (total blast!). I'm scared to call them cause they'll probably realize the error, right? Would love to use this and upgrade, pay the difference for the 2-day at VIR...

2008 M3 Coupe / DCT // StopTech BBK 380/355 / Pagid RS29 / Motul / Apex Arc-8 / BFG R1S / Ground Control / MS filter / Performance spoiler / BPM tune // Road Atlanta 1:39.70 / VIR Full 2:10.87 / Barber 1:42.20
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2010, 07:40 AM   #47
mkoesel
United_States
Rep
Drives: No BMW for now

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcdude24 View Post
So paying customers are either getting the other premium dates and/or a different experience....who knows.
Paying customers may be getting priority on date choice (good bet), but I can tell you for certain that they are not getting a different experience. The reason I know this is because when I attended the M School last year, the class was a mix of both paying customers and those that got free passes.
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2010, 09:18 AM   #48
kcdude24
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkoesel View Post
Paying customers may be getting priority on date choice (good bet), but I can tell you for certain that they are not getting a different experience. The reason I know this is because when I attended the M School last year, the class was a mix of both paying customers and those that got free passes.
I hope that is the case. We're dropping off in Munich on June 30th and 6 weeks puts re-delivery around August 13th. Right now they have 3 open dates for paying customers within about 10 days (Aug 15,18,24). Yet when I got approved for the complimentary 1-day M school they gave me dates of either Aug12 or Sept 12. So one date might be prior to the car arriving and the next too long after unless I can swap over to the other dates. It also looks like the only 2-day school is Aug 12...bummer.

I'll be able to report back in late August.
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2010, 01:24 AM   #49
SleepyE90
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: Bavarian

If you need a "guest" I am down to join!
      04-13-2010, 01:40 AM   #50
rominl
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleeper519 View Post
I bought my M3 in 12/08, and went to the "free" 1-day M-School finally in 11/09.
.....and now I get this card in the mail with some extended offer for the M-school, AGAIN! I'm thinking this is some kinda mistake, but hey if they're offering I'm doing it again (total blast!). I'm scared to call them cause they'll probably realize the error, right? Would love to use this and upgrade, pay the difference for the 2-day at VIR...
well i mean what extended offer are they giving you though? another free m school or discounts? i have gotten plenty of discount offer from them to sign up for m school
      04-13-2010, 09:15 AM   #51
kcdude24
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperlativE90 View Post
If you need a "guest" I am down to join!
Dibbs noted
Appreciate 0