BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Coding / ConnectedDrive / Audio-Video / Electronics / Bluetooth / I-Drive & Nav

06-30-2018, 03:05 PM   #1
DGN23
Rep
Drives: BMW M3 ZCP

Can't access playlist through iDrive

TL;DR version: Can't get into my playlists through iDrive. What's wrong?

When I have my iPhone 6 plugged into the USB in the centre console to listen to music, I have access to all functions in iDrive except accessing the playlists on my phone. I can skip songs, search for artists and albums etc. but I can't go from one playlist to another without manually doing it through the phone.

Additionally, I have started to notice when I have the phone hooked up through the USB sometimes, it won't start playing music where I last left off in the phone, it will just start playing a random song on my phone and then jump to another random song when it's complete. As if I have selected a "play all" function. It will also start playing a song, stop and then start again. But that isn't happening as often.

Apologies if this exact issue has been discussed before but I couldn't find it and I'm hoping to get some ideas and narrow down what it could be. I was talking to my BMW service advisor today and he has seen this issue before and he's pretty confident that it will be covered under my aftermarket warranty, but he of course can't guarantee it. Which is fine, I appreciate the honesty and I know how electrical issues can be. But considering how many hours he said they would likely need to diagnose the issue, i'd like to hear if someone else has had this issue before so I can confirm if the repair is something that will be covered. It's not that big of a pain if I'm going to be on the hook for the bill but if it's something that will be covered I'd like it fixed. Need to get my moneys worth out of the warranty.
Appreciate 0