BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Site Related Announcements - Suggestions - Feedback - Questions

European Auto Source (EAS)

06-26-2018, 12:35 AM   #1
Poffman
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2010 M3

Requests - show user location on mobile web, add M2 to navigation in sub-forums

I have a few usability wishlist items in priority order if you’re interested

1. Please put users location next to their username for mobile web. That would be so handy! On mobile web we don’t see that so on a for sale thread for example I never can tell where people are unless I choose to render in desktop mode which is difficult to use on an iPhone 8+ and I’m sure it’s not usable for some. I see a lot of people ask where people are located on for sale posts. Cars for sale it would be nice to know if it’s road trip able or somewhere I already want to visit haha. Also rims and tires for example are expensive to ship so it would make it a lot easier to scope out parts!

2. If you switch to desktop mode on mobile web I have no idea how to the change it back. For some things like above example you need to swap. Then I end up stuck in desktop mode which is really hard to use.

3. The main site navigation has a link to M2 from the main page only (bimmerpost.com). If you’re in one of the sub forums I.e. M3 post, there is no link to the M2 section. What this means is you have to go back to the main site before you can go to the M2 forums instead. Not horrible once you realize what’s happening, but I’m sure some people aren’t noticing that and may be missing the m2 forum or getting confused. I suspect those are just two separate lists of links in your settings or a hard coded list and it would be super easy to fix this!!

4. When in your PM’s on mobile web it would be nice if the sent items were just showing under your inbox instead of having to go to a separate page.

Thanks for having such a great comumunity, high quality content and running this, it’s a great site and very importantly the ads aren’t intrusive. I’ve been on a lot of forums that are simply unusable because of the ads taking over the screen and the horrible mobile interfaces. Super cool that the community can connect and share news, stories, maintenance, mods, and buy/sell. I saved $2500 on throttle actuators for my e92 M3 by doing it myself with a DIY and recommendation about success on rebuild.org. Honest I also really enjoyed doing the work to swap them too. BMW should thank you all too haha since I am ended up upgrading to an M2 after driving that and a bunch of other fun cars at a BMW event from hearing about M track days on here. Keep up the good stuff!

Will

Last edited by Poffman; 06-26-2018 at 12:45 AM..
Appreciate 0
      06-26-2018, 07:50 AM   #2
apptest
Private2
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW M3 F32 Coupe!

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poffman View Post
I have a few usability wishlist items in priority order if you’re interested

1. Please put users location next to their username for mobile web. That would be so handy! On mobile web we don’t see that so on a for sale thread for example I never can tell where people are unless I choose to render in desktop mode which is difficult to use on an iPhone 8+ and I’m sure it’s not usable for some. I see a lot of people ask where people are located on for sale posts. Cars for sale it would be nice to know if it’s road trip able or somewhere I already want to visit haha. Also rims and tires for example are expensive to ship so it would make it a lot easier to scope out parts!

2. If you switch to desktop mode on mobile web I have no idea how to the change it back. For some things like above example you need to swap. Then I end up stuck in desktop mode which is really hard to use.

3. The main site navigation has a link to M2 from the main page only (bimmerpost.com). If you’re in one of the sub forums I.e. M3 post, there is no link to the M2 section. What this means is you have to go back to the main site before you can go to the M2 forums instead. Not horrible once you realize what’s happening, but I’m sure some people aren’t noticing that and may be missing the m2 forum or getting confused. I suspect those are just two separate lists of links in your settings or a hard coded list and it would be super easy to fix this!!

4. When in your PM’s on mobile web it would be nice if the sent items were just showing under your inbox instead of having to go to a separate page.

Thanks for having such a great comumunity, high quality content and running this, it’s a great site and very importantly the ads aren’t intrusive. I’ve been on a lot of forums that are simply unusable because of the ads taking over the screen and the horrible mobile interfaces. Super cool that the community can connect and share news, stories, maintenance, mods, and buy/sell. I saved $2500 on throttle actuators for my e92 M3 by doing it myself with a DIY and recommendation about success on rebuild.org. Honest I also really enjoyed doing the work to swap them too. BMW should thank you all too haha since I am ended up upgrading to an M2 after driving that and a bunch of other fun cars at a BMW event from hearing about M track days on here. Keep up the good stuff!

Will
Will

Thanks for the suggestions. Question, have you tried the iOS app?

http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/bimme...399728258?mt=8
      06-26-2018, 06:01 PM   #3
Poffman
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2010 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by apptest View Post
Will

Thanks for the suggestions. Question, have you tried the iOS app?

http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/bimme...399728258?mt=8
I will give it a go! Thanks!
Appreciate 0