BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Coding / ConnectedDrive / Audio-Video / Electronics / Bluetooth / I-Drive & Nav

12-13-2022, 07:09 PM   #1
Freiheit
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2011 Competition Coupe

My traffic info disappeared... in 3 cars at the same time?

I got into my X2 for the morning drive and was surprised to see no traffic problems on the screen. I verified it against my phone and realized that RTTI was not active anymore. I asked my service advisor what was up and he informed me that RTTI is a subscription service that ends when the warranty is up, so if I want it I have to get my own paid subscription. I didn't know that but now I do.

Still... if it ends, why is it still active in my E92 M3 and my wife's M235i? Both are years out of warranty, both had working RTTI.

Except.. I then got into her car to test it out after hanging some new parts on it, and noticed the traffic info was gone. I switched to my M3, same story. So all 3 cars lost RTTI at the same time.

Did BMW purge our other two vehicles because my most recent one went out of subscription? Or did they send a "silver bullet" to catch accounts that slipped through the cracks, like DishNetwork and DirecTV did to disable pirate HU cards back in the day, and my cars got caught in the net?

Is there a cheap way to get RTTI working again? Otherwise, how much does a subscription cost?
Dinan Stg II Suspension • Remus Race • Gintani CF lip / CF quarter fins • Vorsteiner Type II CF Diffuser • BMW Performance CF Spoiler / black fender gills / black kidney grilles / CF mirror cover • Speed Element GTS CF side skirts • M3 GTS door sills • Lux Angel Eyes • body color reflectors • Alex@Alpine Stg I tune • AA filter
Appreciate 0
      01-02-2023, 12:53 AM   #2
SkiFly01
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: '11 M3 comp pkg

For the E92 at least it gets its traffic info via FM clearchannel stations. More than likely it's the source, not your receiver.

https://www.ttwnetwork.com/
      01-24-2023, 08:32 PM   #3
Freiheit
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2011 Competition Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkiFly01 View Post
For the E92 at least it gets its traffic info via FM clearchannel stations. More than likely it's the source, not your receiver.

https://www.ttwnetwork.com/
Total Traffic is active in our area, the local news channel uses it for their terrible traffic maps. I don't think thats the same service as what was in my M3 though, because the info in my car was actually useful where Total Traffic is humorously bad.
Dinan Stg II Suspension • Remus Race • Gintani CF lip / CF quarter fins • Vorsteiner Type II CF Diffuser • BMW Performance CF Spoiler / black fender gills / black kidney grilles / CF mirror cover • Speed Element GTS CF side skirts • M3 GTS door sills • Lux Angel Eyes • body color reflectors • Alex@Alpine Stg I tune • AA filter
Appreciate 0