BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 Marketplace > Vendor Comments/Review/Feedback Forum

Mporium BMW

02-11-2014, 08:54 PM   #1
persian54
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: M760/G83M4

EAS does it again!! Great customer service and work

So you guys know I'm not very new to this forum.. I've been around for years, gone to numerous numerous numerous meets, track events, drives, etc etc.

For those who may not recognize my username, you may recognize my past BMWs:

2009 E93 335:

2009 E89 Z4 35i:

2011 E93 M3:

2011 E89 Z4 35i:

Safe to say I like my convertibles.

I've had an E350 Blutech for the past ~13 months (replaced my M3. I needed a comfy DD, with lots of luggage space and able to carry 5 passengers easily. At the time, I still had the Z4 35i, so I was good without the M3).

Stock except for full (windshield of course included) Tint and a BMS JBD (Terry was able to help tune it for me. I was dying since it was just way too slow… IIRC we got ~15% gains).

But after returning the Z4 to BMW late last spring… I realized how much I missed having a convertible… especially a fast one

Anyways, I decided to change things up a bit and picked up a 2014 R231 SL550 on Xmas Eve, bit of a present to myself:

I told myself I wouldn't do much to the car, as I went a bit excessive with my previous cars (easily spent ~$50k on those BMWs.. mostly on the M3)

EAS has always been the shop I go to and trust. I live about 75 miles one way, but I always make the trip. Tom, Steve and the whole crew there do an outstanding job.

I DEFINITELY recommend the SmartTop for ANY Convertible! I've had one on all 4 of my BMWs and knew I needed it on the SL. It allows for one touch operation of the roof as well as one touch operation using the key (no more needing to wait for it to close..or open..). It allows you to operate it while moving, which is useful if you get stuck at a light. However, the SL is pretty quick so I haven't needed to use this particular feature (yet at least)

Here is the post EAS made on my car:
http://www.europeanautosource.com/in...-the-dyno.html

While I was there, I also had a dyno done just to see how the car does.

Here is a link to the video:

Factory specs are 429hp, 516tq right?
I was pleasantly surprised with the power results:

About ~410whp and ~460wtq
It shows that the engine is definitely underrated using manufacture's specs (the torque is in line, but the crank power is definitely more than 429)

I'm very grateful for the work the guys at EAS did. I'm actually going back this friday so they can hardwire my radar detector.

Regarding the power..I am contemplating getting a tune… The Weistic I've heard can give an increase of ~120whp and ~150wtq!
That would push the torque of 600w!

I know this is a BMW forum… but does anyone have any experience with this (or any tune) on a SL550?

I would love to hear any inputs.

I went back about a week ago and I had Tom hardwire my Passport 9500xi! It was quite a pain from what I could see, but he was able to do it and do it clean! you cannot tell it wasn't like that from the factory. I shouldn't be surprised since he did the same thing on my BMWs

I also realized I needed to clear bra this car since my E class suffered a fair amount of chips… My M3 was WAYYY worse… especially after the offs I had at Buttonwillow:

The ones at Big Willow and SOW were fortunately not captured…

I also have decided that I will track this SL… so a clear bra is a must

Thus, I decided to go with Unique Auto Films and get their Premium Package. If I recall correctly it's the Xpel Ultimate film.
It covers the full hood, fenders, bumper, side mirrors, rocker panels, and A-pillars. 3M on the door edge to protect the doors when people open my door without paying enough attention...

I decided with the Xpel Ultimate since I heard it has self healing properties so any rock chips I'll get after tracking will go away on their own. It's also never supposed to bubble or peel so I'll be set. It'll help give me paint protection and less headache when I turn the car in for a SLS (hopefully..as that is what I'm aiming to get this coming Xmas Eve)

They did a great job on the install. At first I was worried I would see a lot of lines and whatnot but it turned out amazing.

I highly recommend them. Just make sure you bring something to do if you decided to wait. Otherwise I'm sure they can help shuttle you somewhere nearby.

Some Pictures:

I'm not sure if this is the right place to post, but M3post is still my #1 forum and my "home" forum.

Once the M4 Convertible is released, I do plan on driving it and seeing if it's what I want. I'm worried about "downgrading" from a V8… but I will save my judgement until I actually drive it. If it checks out, I'll be back to the BMW side :P

Thank you for reading!
Appreciate 0
      02-12-2014, 11:31 AM   #2
manari06
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 E92 M3, 2016 X5 50i

Garage List
2013 BMW M3 E92  [9.50]
2007 335I Coupe  [10.00]
Nice Merc!!! Enjoy it bro!!!
      02-12-2014, 11:47 AM   #3
Grail05
Putcha ang ganda...
United_States
Rep
Drives: 17 F82 M4

YEAP yo long time no see.. yea cant go wrong with EAS... TOM and his team are excellent. love your new ride.
      02-12-2014, 12:53 PM   #4
tom @ eas
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
United_States
Rep

Drives: BMW

Garage List
2018 BMW i3s  [0.00]
2010 BMW M3  [6.50]
2015 BMW M4  [5.25]
Appreciate the kind words, love the new ride. Always a blast when you drop by.

Software is really going to wake that puppy up.

GET DAILY UPDATES ON OUR BLOG · FACEBOOK · YOUTUBE · FLICKR · INSTAGRAM
Appreciate 0
      02-12-2014, 08:11 PM   #5
persian54
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: M760/G83M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by manari06 View Post
Nice Merc!!! Enjoy it bro!!!
Thanks man!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean05 View Post
YEAP yo long time no see.. yea cant go wrong with EAS... TOM and his team are excellent. love your new ride.
Yeah man, I've been away for a bit…

Quote:
Originally Posted by tom @ eas View Post
Appreciate the kind words, love the new ride. Always a blast when you drop by.

Software is really going to wake that puppy up.
Ah so tempting………. let's see.. maybe a gift for my birthday??
Appreciate 0