BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)

EXXEL Distributions

01-17-2012, 12:57 PM   #1
ase93
ASE93
United_States
Rep
Drives: E93 M3

Exclamation Reoccurrence of Engine and Service Engine light soon

Just a little background, I have a 2008 e93 m with a Dinan intake, and fabspeed exhaust and had those on for quite a while with no issues. Then I get the AA Tune and for the first week every things great, but one morning I hop in the car and the clock was reset so i plugged the time in but this happened every time I shut the car off and turn it back on. It didn't really bother me that much so i let it go... Then after a little while longer I get a service engine light soon and the engine light so i take it into BMW and they said it was just a false code and I was on my way no problem...

Then about a month and a half later I get the same to lights so I take it in and they said it was some sensor in the engine and they replace no big deal.

About another month goes by and the same lights pop back on.. Yesterday morning so I took my car in early today and they told me that it was just another false code. And they also said if the same thing happens again they are going to charge me for the maintenance to reset the code because I have the AA Tune.

So im wondering if this might have something to do with the tune or if i could be some other issue with a quick fix.

Any input is appreciated. Thanks
      01-17-2012, 01:01 PM   #2
THE TECH
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Rep

Drives: BPMsport 2012 E92 M3

Garage List
Have you talked to AA about it?
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2012, 01:09 PM   #3
ase93
ASE93
United_States
Rep
Drives: E93 M3

No probably should, I just kind of took it as coincidence till now.