BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)

Closed Thread

04-03-2008, 07:15 PM   #2421
oneginee
Banned
Rep
Drives: GT3 RS

It looks more like "crooked dealer gets beaten at its own deceiving game and then has to come clean faced with honnest people's pressure "
Hopefully they will go bankrupt.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chonnes View Post
For anyone curious what Husker is sending out in their newsletter and online:

April 1, 2008
Another Satisfied Husker Customer!
Customer gets an INCREDIBLE deal on a BMW E90 M3

When a customer saw the vehicle he was looking for, a BMW E90 M3 on an eBay auction for a fantastic price at Husker BMW, he figured it was too good to be true. But, he bet his money on it anyway. And when the auction ended and he was the winner, he found out that the auction price was actually a mistake.

Being the honorable dealership that Husker is, they agreed to honor the price of $60,000 for the BMW E90 M3. This vehicle typically would have been priced around $70,000. At Husker BMW, we honor all contracts. And in this case we covered the $10,000 for the vehicle to make our customer happy.

Visit Husker BMW today, located at 6701 Telluride Drive in Lincoln. Or visit www.huskerbmw.com. You never know what kind of deal you’ll drive away with!
Appreciate 0
      04-03-2008, 07:55 PM   #2422
Darkkilla
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2010 e82 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooseman View Post
Well, if that helps you sleep at night, great. I could provide evidence that I am decidedly not a moron, but I don't really care what your opinion of me is. I just felt it was my duty to provide a moral balance to your decidedly selfish world view.

I hope you do get a lot of exposure from this. It will be well deserved. Now, back to the stamping of feet.
haha ok i saw this and had to comment selfish?? moral??? you work at a car dealership! haha... my family especially my father has been working with car dealer ships all in our area for over 35 years(fixing and such to them) these people are trained to swindle people to get money for themselves! dont even go there.
6MT, Saph Black Ext. , Coral Red Int. , Sport pkg, Cold weather, Ipod/USB, Bluetooth assist. N54 FTW!
Appreciate 0
      04-03-2008, 09:16 PM   #2423
amtrak23
Registered
Rep
Drives: Honda

Quote:
Originally Posted by cngzsn View Post
this is not your regular interstate car shipping case. husker should have secured shipping yesterday at all costs..
Agreed...I had my car shipped from Colorado to Ohio and it got here in two days from the time they received the check. It was free, and they didn't do anything special, except make a few calls to see who could pick it up soonest.

Husker once again drops the ball.
Appreciate 0
      04-03-2008, 10:11 PM   #2424
UsedParts
Registered
Rep
Drives: junk

LOL, I guess if you wanna buy a BMW, you'd better either be an attorney, or have one.....
Scary to think the "simple" act of buying a "car" could get you sued....

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonkPDX View Post
Glad to hear you are getting closer. I hope things continue to go well.

Question: Approximately how much will you have to spend in Attorney's fees and other costs associated with this mess, caused by Husker "resisting" the $60K E-Bay auction bid, and giving you the "runaround" on financing? I am sure that I am not the only poster that is curious as to what your final acquisition cost will be VS a "clean sale" @ 60K without a hassle.

Thanks,

MonkPDX
Appreciate 0
      04-03-2008, 11:02 PM   #2425
jchan2
Rep
Drives: 2008 Nissan Altima 2.5S

Wow. Husker is unbelievable.

Yeah.. They spotted the $10K.. First off, it was more like $7K, and second off, it required three lawyers, several hundred thousand views (before it was resolved), almost 100 pages of postings, and the story to spread like wild fire on the internet before they "bent over backwards" and "honored the deal".

Goes to show.. The BMW dealer up in Nebraska is one classy operation. If I ever move to Nebraska, I'm buying a BMW out of state.

Just when you thought the story ended, it continues. Unbelievable.
2002 Honda Odyssey EX
1999 Honda Civic Value Package
Appreciate 0
      04-03-2008, 11:11 PM   #2426
Epacy
Reincarnated
Rep
Drives: 02 Maxima SE

Garage List
2008 M3  [0.00]
This thread has 4.8% of all posts this General Forum has ever had. Certainly has gone up since I posted the numbers before.
Also, this thread has 511% more views than the next highest viewed thread on this forum ever and 3,369% more views than the thrid most viewed thread in this forum.

Just trying to put it into perspective for everyone.
      04-04-2008, 12:18 AM   #2427
robzy
Registered
Rep
Drives: Mazda 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by dooma350 View Post
I spoke with Ryan Mathis this afternoon, he stated the car is being picked up for shipment today. So thats good. Hopefully, its on a truck now, and not sitting at the dealership as we speak. Jeff, would you be able to confirm that?
Oh, didnt you hear? Jeff is an evil representative of Husker and has thus been chased, with pitchforks, off the forums.

Would almost be funny if it wasn't so stupid :P

Again dooma, grats on finally having all the paperwork go through Sounds like now it's only a matter of time before the lovely car arrives.

Rob.
Appreciate 0
      04-04-2008, 12:31 AM   #2428
Chunga
Captain
Denmark
Rep
Drives: E90 black saphire 2008

The car will be delevered without engine. Its extra.
      04-04-2008, 04:25 AM   #2429
bolmedias14
Dooma350 Supporter!
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: N/A (I'm only like 16!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chunga View Post
The car will be delevered without engine. Its extra.
Hahaha, funny.
Appreciate 0
      04-04-2008, 07:21 AM   #2430
BavarianFanatic
Too much is never enough
United_States
Rep
Drives: Too Many

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epacy View Post
This thread has 4.8% of all posts this General Forum has ever had. Certainly has gone up since I posted the numbers before.
Also, this thread has 511% more views than the next highest viewed thread on this forum ever and 3,369% more views than the thrid most viewed thread in this forum.

The one stat that hasn't changed is that <.1% of all posters have ever, or will ever actually buy a BMW themselves. I don't think Husker has much to worry about with regard to the opinions in this thread.
Appreciate 0
      04-04-2008, 09:43 AM   #2431
phoenixbmwlife
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: M235i & G30 540i

Garage List
2014 BMW/M235i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Epacy View Post

Wow E you have a lot of time on your hands lol

Follow me on Insta

https://www.instagram.com/bmwm_life_/
https://www.instagram.com/autogiftua/
https://www.instagram.com/phoenixbmwlife/
Appreciate 0
      04-04-2008, 09:46 AM   #2432
phoenixbmwlife
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: M235i & G30 540i

Garage List
2014 BMW/M235i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob_K View Post
The one stat that hasn't changed is that <.1% of all posters have ever, or will ever actually buy a BMW themselves. I don't think Husker has much to worry about with regard to the opinions in this thread.
That may or may not be true, however one thing that is sure in business is, word of mouth is like advertising that is either in your favor or against you. All this negative publicity will definitely hurt this particular dealership.

Follow me on Insta

https://www.instagram.com/bmwm_life_/
https://www.instagram.com/autogiftua/
https://www.instagram.com/phoenixbmwlife/
Appreciate 0
      04-04-2008, 10:11 AM   #2433
cngzsn
Rep
Drives: '05 330i ZHP

Quote:
if you actually *read* the thread, you should have known that it is not just *this* thread that belittles them. It is all over web and local media now...
Appreciate 0
      04-04-2008, 10:35 AM   #2434
Fortune2008
Rep
Drives: Mercedes C300D

Husker BMW has been hurt by this fiasco. BMWs are bought by younger people, who are more adept at using the internet than older people. And younger people like to find out about things by using Google. So I believe that it is more likely that people in the future will search the internet before making big purchases (or financial commitents). And isnt Lincoln Nebraska a university town? If you Google -- Husker Auto Group BMW -- the first thing that comes up is the Autoblog story, with Hucksters deceptive comment about how it honors all contracts. (Interesting that Huckster now admits Doom had a contract with it!) And then all the other bad posts.

Also, Huckster has been getting such crappy P.R. advice that I doubt it will let the story die. It will do something else stupid. Just wait.

Doom - a lot of us want to make a contribution to your legal defense fund. Please tell us how we can do it. Those of us who want to will probably give you at least $10 and Im in for $25. Just tell me how to do it.
Appreciate 0
      04-04-2008, 10:47 AM   #2435
Spazdoc
Major
Rep
Drives: 2020 C63S, 2001 S4

Garage List
2007 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by chonnes View Post

April 1, 2008

When a customer saw the vehicle he was looking for, a BMW E90 M3 on an eBay auction for a fantastic price at Husker BMW, he figured it was too good to be true. But, he bet his money on it anyway. And when the auction ended and he was the winner, he found out that the auction price was actually a mistake.

Being the honorable dealership that Husker is, they agreed to honor the price of $60,000 for the BMW E90 M3. This vehicle typically would have been priced around $70,000. At Husker BMW, we honor all contracts. And in this case we covered the $10,000 for the vehicle to make our customer happy.

Visit Husker BMW today, located at 6701 Telluride Drive in Lincoln. Or visit www.huskerbmw.com. You never know what kind of deal you’ll drive away with!

They forgot to include attorney's fees....
Appreciate 0
      04-04-2008, 10:55 AM   #2436
rai
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: M3 coupe with DCT

just wanted to see how this thread has one million + views.

Can't read it can somebody provide a synopsis?

Appreciate 0
      04-04-2008, 11:48 AM   #2437
BavarianFanatic
Too much is never enough
United_States
Rep

You guys are overplaying the "power" of this (and all of the other threads elsewhere) with respect to the dealership. They're in freakin' Nebraska. I'm pretty sure I could count on one hand the number of people in this thread that might actually ever contemplate buying a car from Husker. Of those, a couple actually chimed in that they've dealt with them personally and never had a problem. I would agree whole heartedly that word of mouth advertising is more powerful than any other medium, I just don't think there's a huge affected audience in this particular case. If they were in LA or NYC then it would be another story. But Nebraska?

And no, I'm not defending the dealer. They suck ass in my book. Based on what has been posted here, and their actions elsewhere it would appear they are the epitome of all that is wrong with auto retailers in the US today. They've done little more than propagate the "slimy used car salesman" stereotype.
Appreciate 0
      04-04-2008, 12:28 PM   #2438
Tenebre
Registered
Rep
Drives: It's at the bodyshop

Quote:
You guys are overplaying the "power" of this (and all of the other threads elsewhere) with respect to the dealership. They're in freakin' Nebraska. I'm pretty sure I could count on one hand the number of people in this thread that might actually ever contemplate buying a car from Husker.
I don't live in Nebraska, but I'm sure they use the internet too. Buying a car is usually a major investment and thinking that the potential buyers wouldn't google a bit before making a purchase is naive.

I drive a Prius and if you downshift when passing me, it'd put a smile on my face - who doesn't love a well tuned, high reving engine?
Appreciate 0
      04-04-2008, 01:02 PM   #2439
BavarianFanatic
Too much is never enough
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenebre View Post
I don't live in Nebraska, but I'm sure they use the internet too. Buying a car is usually a major investment and thinking that the potential buyers wouldn't google a bit before making a purchase is naive.

I drive a Prius and if you downshift when passing me, it'd put a smile on my face - who doesn't love a well tuned, high reving engine?
Who Googles a specific dealer? They'll research the hell out of the car in an effort to try to learn about it and get pricing data, but the dealer? At best they might contact a couple of dealers to try to work the best deal possible, but I don't know many folks that would actually try to research the dealer themselves.
Appreciate 0
      04-04-2008, 01:47 PM   #2440
Gig103
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 Tesla P85D

Quote:

April 1, 2008

LMFAO what a bunch of bullsh!t.
Appreciate 0
      04-04-2008, 02:26 PM   #2441
corsa
Rep
Drives: 528e, Boxster, 944S, Corvair

Quote:
Well, they are also the local Mercedes, Chevrolet, GMC, Cadillac, and Pontiac dealer...
Appreciate 0
      04-04-2008, 03:59 PM   #2442
SpencerM3
Sauce
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 SSII E90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gig103 View Post
LMFAO what a bunch of bullsh!t.
+1 Fvcking joke
2009 E90 M3 | Silverstone II | Black Novillo | HRE P40's | Akrapovic Exhaust | Eibach Pro Kit | Jet Black Kidney Grilles | SSII Side Reflectors | SSII Side Gills | LUX H8 Angel Eyes | Macht Schnell Filter | Tecnocraft Envy Charge Pipe

"M3 drivers have no friends." - Jeremy Clarkson
Appreciate 0
Closed Thread