BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)

Closed Thread

04-02-2008, 04:45 PM   #2377
BobbieBrighto
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 03 BMW M5

Whoah. That coupon for a lifetime oil change does sound like a good deal. Lol. I wonder what the possible conditions imposed by Husker are? Wish Cali dealers had deals like that. Can you say never?

Glad to hear that Dooma didn't let us down by finding a 3rd party to finance the entire amount of the car. When you do get the car, congrats and welcome to the bimmer world.

Some more clarification:

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW M5 Power
Further, the car is Kens, it HAS been since Monday, all he has to do is have someone, anyone, send the money and pay for it...that's it. Nothing fishy about that.
Quote:
Why do you portray this as it has always been Ken's car? Even when the rep called him and told him the auction was a mistake? Even then the car was Ken's in HAG eyes?
Get real, don't feed us this bull.
The dude said that the car is Ken's SINCE MONDAY as in 2 days ago (when he actually completed payment), not that the car had always been Ken's.
Quote:
Noone says something like that so many times, all this from one post, without trying to plant that idea in someone's head while they then spew positive material about the other party. It is QUITE obvious and I am very surprised you continue to act like a neutral party. The gig is up.
Could the same have been said about the financing by Ken?
Appreciate 0
      04-02-2008, 04:46 PM   #2378
BMW M5 Power
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 1991 BMW M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epacy View Post
In Jeff's first post on this forum, where he attempts to act completely neutral and not a supporter of HAG, he mentions he does all his own maintenance and tries to give the impression he doesn't do any business with dealers with quotes like "I don't buy my cars from dealerships" and "I do my own maintenance".
Now we see he frequents HAG BMW for his oil changes. Better yet he offered it up. Does he not see his own hypocrisy?
These are not opinions, as Jeff likes to point out of people who challenge his stance, but hard facts taken from Jeff's own posts...

Jeesh...you guys are rediculous...its my dad's 740il and at his age, he can do whatever he wants as far as service to his own car. Yes, sometimes as a favor I will take it out there for him. DO you want a reference of verification from him as well??? I am growing tired of you and your continues attacks.....have I attacked you in some way??? Please let me know what irreparable damage I have caused you!!!.

Jeff

Last edited by BMW M5 Power; 04-02-2008 at 05:51 PM.. Reason: spelling errors...my bad....
Appreciate 0
      04-02-2008, 04:48 PM   #2379
BMW M5 Power
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadDog View Post
Jeff,

I wasn't endorsing Husker with my posting of their $1.99 oil special, but your response certainly sounds like you're shilling for them.

My .02.

Apparently you could not see thru the meaning of the post...sorry for your lack of interpretation. You said it was a good deal in your opinion. I simply agreed and gave you some background as to why they charge so little. Lighten up!!!

It appears that I cannot say anything at this point....

Jeff
Appreciate 0
      04-02-2008, 04:53 PM   #2380
BMW M5 Power
Enlisted Member
Rep

The dude said that the car is Ken's SINCE MONDAY as in 2 days ago (when he actually completed payment), not that the car had always been Ken's.

Could the same have been said about the financing by Ken?[/QUOTE]

Bobbie,
Actually, I meant a week ago Monday when Ken said in his post that they had reached a deal. The only holdup, as I read in some posts, was the change in financing from loan to lease. The car NEVER moved, no additional miles were rolled up. Not defending anything, just clarifying. Deal is done, behind us, paid for, being shipped, be happy for Ken....

Jeff

Last edited by BMW M5 Power; 04-02-2008 at 04:55 PM.. Reason: spelling errors...my bad....
Appreciate 0
      04-02-2008, 04:56 PM   #2381
AYF82M4
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: MG F80 M3 ZCP

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbieBrighto View Post

Could the same have been said about the financing by Ken?
No, and its not even close.

But Im glad you decided to come back, even though your conspiracy theories did not pan out.
2008 E90 M3 Jerez Black (Retired)
Appreciate 0
      04-02-2008, 05:02 PM   #2382
BMW M5 Power
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by dooma350 View Post
No, and its not even close.

But Im glad you decided to come back, even though your conspiracy theories did not pan out.
Ken,

Getting killed out here...
Have not heard that the transport made it today. Will call in a minute to verify before I leave work for the day. I have the newspaper article and will try to get it shipped with the car along with the paperwork.

Seems even now there are people that think the financing was mishandled. Aren't YOU the one that are going to make the payments??? Why is it anyone else's business as long as you bought the darn thing.

Parts of this have been great. All the support etc. But parts have been pretty ugly....

Let me know if I can do anything else for you from my location.

Jeff
Appreciate 0
      04-02-2008, 06:15 PM   #2383
Fortune2008
Rep
Drives: Mercedes C300D

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW M5 Power View Post
. . .It appears that I cannot say anything [right] at this point....

Jeff
Apparently not. The one thing you could have said but havent is the car has been loaded and is being shipped. Looks like Huckster has fucked even that up too. Have they changed their minds (again)?
Appreciate 0
      04-02-2008, 06:32 PM   #2384
Schmed
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: E30M3, E70X5, F25X3

Jeff - nice of you to help out with the pics and article, etc. (seriously).

I also felt like the tone of your posts were generally in support of the dealer and you were basically saying "they aren't as bad as you are all making them out to be".

For me, it's similar to saying "yea, Jeffrey Dahmer chopped up a few people and put them in his freezer, but other than that, he's been a great neighbor."

It seems that you might have more support on this forum if you concede the fact that they tried to weasel out of their ebay contract and that act is deplorable and worthy of the very harsh criticism they have received.

Just my $0.02.

All that being said, you seem to be a true enthusiast, and if I were Ken, I'd appreciate all your local help on this.

Schmed
(My two favorite teams are the Colorado Buffaloes and whoever is playing Nebraska, but don't hold that against me!)
Appreciate 0
      04-02-2008, 06:58 PM   #2385
BMW M5 Power
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fortune2008 View Post
Apparently not. The one thing you could have said but havent is the car has been loaded and is being shipped. Looks like Huckster has fucked even that up too. Have they changed their minds (again)?

WOW...the mouth on this guy...Simmer down...

Obviously you have never had a car shipped across country, or sound like you haven't anyway. For clarity dealerships contract these long haul jobs out to professional haulers. Once a request goes in for transport, the transport company see what truck is in the area at the time and schedules an approximate pickup date. They are always approximate as you can never be totally certain how long each pickup and offload will take etc. I was told that the shipper gave BMWoL an initial pickup of today (Wednesday), perhaps tomorrow at the latest. The car is staged, ready to go.

For some unknown reason you seem bent on twisting THIS into something it is not. Clearly it is you that has some sort of hidden agenda, like continuing to fan the flames of this situation. That is your perogative as this is a public forum, but please watch the language, don't want you to get smacked by the moderator. Have a pleasant evening.

Jeff
Appreciate 0
      04-02-2008, 07:23 PM   #2386
BavarianFanatic
Too much is never enough
United_States
Rep
Drives: Too Many

Jeff,
Don't get too worked up. He's just a Canadian that drives a Merc! Seriously, your input has been excellent. I would agree with Schmed that the tone of your posts did seem somewhat biased, but that is to be expected as you have first hand experience with the dealership and don't know Ken from Adam. It's human nature. At least it looks like we're in the home stretch.

Rob
Appreciate 0
      04-02-2008, 07:39 PM   #2387
hellrotm
Banned
Rep
Drives: F80

When are you getting the car Ken?
Appreciate 0
      04-02-2008, 08:44 PM   #2388
av8thor
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 335i Coupe

Garage List
2009 335i  [0.00]
As far as car transport goes: I shipped two cars from FL to TX and on the day the hauler was scheduled to arrive, he finally showed up at 10:00pm. Then he shuffled three cars off the transport to make room for mine, then loaded back up again and was on the way. About 90 minutes to get loaded up.
P. J. O'Rourke)
Appreciate 0
      04-02-2008, 08:56 PM   #2389
g00fba11
Rep
Drives: cayman

Quote:
Goofball,
It is just beyond me that now after the deal is done, the car is scheduled for pick-up and transportation, Kens money is in the bank and for all intents and purposes this portion of the saga is over, still posters are doom and gloom.
Jeff, do you not read all the congratulatory notes to Ken? There was much joy in the Bimmerland. What most people were incredulous about, AFTER the deal was closed, was the incredibly repulsive propaganda and dishonesty as represented by the ad Husker issued. This is why the flame is lit again: Husker's retromingent mindset....their pissing lit the flame. Most folks here don't understand why you don't understand that, and why, in your "neutral" capacity, you defended them so vigorously.
I bet you, had the ad been more truthful, or one of restrained atonement, there would be much praising of Husker instead of this second, smaller wave of hate. Ironically, do you think they would even run that ad had Ken backed down, or he did not hire a lawyer, and/or him not having support from the web?

Quote:
I have taken my own time to take pictures and document events for the interested parties here. I have NEVER bashed Ken at all.
Just one of many quotes to indicate otherwise, this gem from your earlier message #2179:
http://www.m3post.com/forums/showpos...postcount=2179
"Others think perhaps Ken hit "bid now" thinking the price would be sniped many times over as other auctions had done and found himself the only bidder..OOps!! Understandable, and maybe completey false, but hey, like everyone else here, I am entitled to my "theory" as well."

Suggestive offense on the buyer's part? Suggesting "your own theory"? How well do you know McCarthy? This is one of many, Jeff...as I said in my earlier post, you may think you are neutral, in the same way many alcoholics think that they are perfectly OK.
Appreciate 0
      04-02-2008, 09:15 PM   #2390
Epacy
Reincarnated
Rep
Drives: 02 Maxima SE

Garage List
2008 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by g00fba11 View Post
This is one of many, Jeff...as I said in my earlier post, you may think you are neutral, in the same way many alcoholics think that they are perfectly OK.
+1 Good point.

Jeff has been exposed through our examination.
Perhaps he will never see the light...
      04-02-2008, 09:39 PM   #2391
robzy
Registered
Rep
Drives: Mazda 3

BMW M5 Power: Good on ya for all the help you've given and insight you've offered.

To be honest I found one or two of your earlier posts to be a bit "iffy", but on the whole dooma was certainly lucky to have you helping out. (And we, in turn, were lucky for having someone with a fairly broad knowledge of the situation giving us info)

Rob.
Appreciate 0
      04-02-2008, 11:20 PM   #2392
BMW M5 Power
Enlisted Member
Rep

Take Care....

I am taking the advice of someone here on this Forum that I respect and am not going to respond any further. I still stand by my comments, my intentions were always to just share information and dispel some of the utter crap that was being spewed. I certainly was not confrontational to anyone, nor is that my nature. As I was further told, and have come to realize, there is nothing at this point I can say that won't get twisted, misquoted, misunderstood or whatever. I refuse to become a target in this thread, which has now taken an almost a comical turn to the absurd. There is an unreal reality and sense of forthright with people on these forums. Also there is a huge difference with relating to people in person and within this media. So much meaning and intent is lost in the typed, unspoken word. This is the biggest problem with e-mail and forums like this....you have no idea if the reader is really "getting" what you are saying, or trying to say. Sad.....

I appreciated the opportunity to post here. I truly wish you all a safe and happy Summer. Perhaps I will see some of you at the track, or other CCA events, if you are in the Midwest. Ken, you can contact me off list, you have my e-mail address. I will send the pictures and other items as I promised. I will now join the many others who have chosen to congratulate you.

Now, to the rest of you who have somewhat misguided feelings toward my position I offer this.....HUSKER BAD.....VERY BAD......Happy Now??? Good, now I can get back to important matters, like helping plan our Chapter Driving School.....whew!!! http://www.m3post.com/forums/images/...racter0182.gif

Jeff
(My first icon post)
Appreciate 0
      04-02-2008, 11:28 PM   #2393
UsedParts
Registered
Rep
Drives: junk

LOL, long time forum user here.
Only europeaan car was a '72 142
Excepting Dooma, the 3 legal aides, discount any poster that reg'd in Mar 2008. whaddaya got?
I'd like to thank the Admins of this site for allowing the bandwidth this has used.
Generally, on forums, you read the rules, the stickies, and see what the old timers that helped build the site has to say.
say discount all posters recently registered at 25% and before that at 80-95%
anyone who signed up in the last month is suspect,
Appreciate 0
      04-02-2008, 11:34 PM   #2394
lvmrcwbys
Registered
Rep
Drives: 03 Element

Quote:
I am taking the advice of someone here on this Forum that I respect and am not going to respond any further. I still stand by my comments, my intentions were always to just share information and dispel some of the utter crap that was being spewed. I certainly was not confrontational to anyone, nor is that my nature. As I was further told, and have come to realize, there is nothing at this point I can say that won't get twisted, misquoted, misunderstood or whatever. I refuse to become a target in this thread, which has now taken an almost a comical turn to the absurd. There is an unreal reality and sense of forthright with people on these forums. Also there is a huge difference with relating to people in person and within this media. So much meaning and intent is lost in the typed, unspoken word. This is the biggest problem with e-mail and forums like this....you have no idea if the reader is really "getting" what you are saying, or trying to say. Sad.....

I appreciated the opportunity to post here. I truly wish you all a safe and happy Summer. Perhaps I will see some of you at the track, or other CCA events, if you are in the Midwest. Ken, you can contact me off list, you have my e-mail address. I will send the pictures and other items as I promised. I will now join the many others who have chosen to congratulate you.

Now, to the rest of you who have somewhat misguided feelings toward my position I offer this.....HUSKER BAD.....VERY BAD......Happy Now??? Good, now I can get back to important matters, like helping plan our Chapter Driving School.....whew!!! http://www.m3post.com/forums/images/...racter0182.gif

Jeff
(My first icon post)
Jeff,
Being one of the few people in the know, I appreciate your updates, and Im sure Ken does as well.
So it looks as if Husker didnt ship the car today, as Ken hasnt posted an update. What gives?
Given your close relationship with Husker, did you hear anything as to why they didnt ship today?
I hope they arent delaying again. Do you know who the shipping company is?
Appreciate 0
      04-03-2008, 12:39 AM   #2395
Desert Rat
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2008 Mercedes CL63

From many experiences I have found shipping a car the timeframes quoted by dispatchers have been very unreliable. I could quote dozens of schedules that did not work out as originally planned. I have heard a range of excuses ranging from probably legitimate to unimaginable. But what it boils down to is the original contact at the trucking company does not want to loose your business so they make promises they hope they can keep. The logistics of picking up a vehicle at point A and delivering it to point B sound easy but can get very complicated when planning routes based on mileage and capacity.

Once the shipper (BMW of Lincoln) has made a contract with the carrier, the timeframe is not something that is controllable by the shipper.

Last edited by Desert Rat; 04-03-2008 at 01:02 AM..
Appreciate 0
      04-03-2008, 10:10 AM   #2396
bolmedias14
Dooma350 Supporter!
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: N/A (I'm only like 16!)

So close to 1,000,000 views...
Appreciate 0
      04-03-2008, 10:14 AM   #2397
cngzsn
Rep
Drives: '05 330i ZHP

this is not your regular interstate car shipping case. husker should have secured shipping yesterday at all costs..

Last edited by cngzsn; 04-03-2008 at 11:12 AM..
Appreciate 0
      04-03-2008, 10:19 AM   #2398
MadDog
Careful, I Bite.....
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 325i

Garage List
2006 325i  [7.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by bolmedias14 View Post
So close to 1,000,000 views...