BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Coding / ConnectedDrive / Audio-Video / Electronics / Bluetooth / I-Drive & Nav

Mporium BMW

05-13-2019, 09:23 AM   #1
tdott
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: M3

CIC Retrofit Coding Help - Screen worked, then Blank after coding.

Upgrading from CCC. All CIC parts from a 2010, non-m vert.
Install went smoothly, re-pinned the cid power cable. Removed ccc video cable, routed cic video cable. Ran usb to the glove box.

On first power up, screen comes to life I am able to navigate thru menus check a few things. No sound at this point. Few options not there (as expected).

Started the coding, using NCS Expert, Changed CAS VO, Removed #0308 & $S609 and added #0909 & $S6VA (no combox installed right now.). FA_Write CAS, NFRM. Went to FA_Write CIC which was listed as MCIC but FA_Write wasn't available. I decided to SG_Codieren a Blank .MAN file. Did that, I also did a Codierdaten_Lesen Read just to take a look at a TRC file for MCIC. Everything looked okay to me.

Went to power on, I get sound now but screen backlight comes on and the screen is blank.

I've tried the following troubleshooting the issue:
- Changed to #0311 fa write to CAS and NFRM. Could no longer see CIC or MCIC in the module list.
- Tried #0909, same issue as above.
- Changed things back to #0909 where NCS can see MCIC and SG_RESET it. No change.
- Checked connections at the back of the screen, removed and re-seat connections, removed HU and re-seated connections there also.
- I have not done the script activation as yet, my plan was to get everything working without nav then do the script activation.

Also note I had a slow 3.8A charger on the car for a few hours during install and coding.

Stopped last night to watch the basketball game, figured i'd poke around today after work. Let me know if anyone has any suggestions.
Appreciate 0
      05-13-2019, 10:35 AM   #2
Atomicteal_M3
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 M3 AW

Garage List
2007 335i  [9.00]
Looks like your battery is low bro. I too upgraded to CIC a few years ago. Not a issue. Got my car wrapped a few months back. The car sat in the shop for 2 weeks without trickle charger. When I picked it up and started it, my screen was blank but I heard sound. I took it back to the shop and they were just as puzzled as me. So I drove back to my house and put my car on the trickle charger for the whole weekend. Once I noticed the battery was fully charged I started it up and PRESTO the screen was back to life!
      05-13-2019, 11:10 AM   #3
tdott
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLKLYZ View Post
Looks like your battery is low bro. I too upgraded to CIC a few years ago. Not a issue. Got my car wrapped a few months back. The car sat in the shop for 2 weeks without trickle charger. When I picked it up and started it, my screen was blank but I heard sound. I took it back to the shop and they were just as puzzled as me. So I drove back to my house and put my car on the trickle charger for the whole weekend. Once I noticed the battery was fully charged I started it up and PRESTO the screen was back to life!
I don't think that is the issue, I had the charger on all night and tried it this morning and it was still the same.

I found this which conflicted with the DIY instructions I followed so i'll try this after work today.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skifahrer View Post
Your car should have an ZK from e.g. 0907 that means the first parameter in the VO is #0907 and tells the car that SA $609 (Navi Prof) is an CCC. When you change the ZK from #0907 to e.g. #0610 or higher then the car knows the SA $609 is CIC instead of CCC. Due to the fact, that Combox was launched from June 2010 for right coding of the combox you need to change time criteria to #0610 or higher (I would recommend #0911), add $6VC (Combox), $6NR (BMW Apps), $6FL (USB) and any other SA you want to have, to your VO and code ECALL, MEDIA and CIC.

Be caution and do not wirte the coding VO to the vehicle! Use it only for coding these three ECUs.
Appreciate 0
      05-13-2019, 05:05 PM   #4
Atomicteal_M3
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 M3 AW

Garage List
2007 335i  [9.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by tdott View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by BLKLYZ View Post
I don't think that is the issue, I had the charger on all night and tried it this morning and it was still the same.

I found this which conflicted with the DIY instructions I followed so i'll try this after work today.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skifahrer View Post
Your car should have an ZK from e.g. 0907 that means the first parameter in the VO is #0907 and tells the car that SA $609 (Navi Prof) is an CCC. When you change the ZK from #0907 to e.g. #0610 or higher then the car knows the SA $609 is CIC instead of CCC. Due to the fact, that Combox was launched from June 2010 for right coding of the combox you need to change time criteria to #0610 or higher (I would recommend #0911), add $6VC (Combox), $6NR (BMW Apps), $6FL (USB) and any other SA you want to have, to your VO and code ECALL, MEDIA and CIC.

Be caution and do not wirte the coding VO to the vehicle! Use it only for coding these three ECUs.
Ok. Let me know if that will fix it.
      05-13-2019, 08:44 PM   #5
tdott
Brigadier General
Rep

Found my issue. I shouldn't have removed $S609, as soon as I added that back my CIC screen came back to life.

Now to see if I can figure out this script activitation stuff.
Appreciate 1