BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > M3 vs....

EXXEL Distributions

10-02-2013, 06:09 AM   #23
Sales@Evolve
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Rep

Drives: Slow

Dynojet graphs from Janspeed of our 95mm pulley kit (6.5 PSi)

SAE Correction a huge negative 0.95 (meaning removing 5%) which in our vast dyno testing experience is vastly over corrected.

Also note - NO DYNO FAN was used here.

Appreciate 0
      10-02-2013, 07:39 AM   #24
Sal@AUTOcouture
Rep

Drives: E93 M3, E36 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by SickeM3 View Post
autocouture- love the attitude, that tells us your not in it for the money but for the atmosphere and fun- your builds show some beautiful cars, its great to see they can go as much as they show. Would love to see DCT Vs DCT; No matter who the winner is, as they are still driving boosted M3s and im sure loving every second of it.
At the end of the day we're all here for the same thing- a passion. Win or lose don't really care as long as there's no sneaky business about what mods one car has or doesn't have for personal gain and/or vendor to vendor drama. Thank you for the compliments, we try to please both ends of the spectrum (show and/or go). I'm glad you enjoy our work
Appreciate 0
      10-02-2013, 07:44 AM   #25
Sal@AUTOcouture
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sal@Evolve View Post
Dynojet graphs from Janspeed of our 95mm pulley kit (6.5 PSi)

SAE Correction a huge negative 0.95 (meaning removing 5%) which in our vast dyno testing experience is vastly over corrected.

Also note - NO DYNO FAN was used here.

Nice numbers

Goes to show exactly my point. If this is what Steve's running on his car, then the results are completely accurate from our race since my car put down roughly the same numbers: 530rwhp/346rwtq (albeit 85 degrees and 90% humidity).
Appreciate 0
      10-02-2013, 09:26 AM   #26
Sales@Evolve
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sal@AUTOcouture View Post
Nice numbers

Goes to show exactly my point. If this is what Steve's running on his car, then the results are completely accurate from our race since my car put down roughly the same numbers: 530rwhp/346rwtq (albeit 85 degrees and 90% humidity).
Thanks Sal (sounds like I am speaking to myself..LOL)

To confirm, Steve is running the exact same setup. 95mm Pulley.
Same exact version of software also. No custom tuning.

Maybe we should rename our 600 kit to a 625.
Appreciate 0
      10-02-2013, 10:15 AM   #27
Sal@AUTOcouture
Rep

Quote:

Sal, Sal. Sal, Sal.

Perhaps!
Appreciate 0
      10-02-2013, 11:23 AM   #28
BuckRodgers
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:

Sal

Thanks for posting the dyno's. Do you have boost logs of the dynojet dyno's you posted? I have no doubt that your kit can make 500+ whp sae on a dynojet the question is what is the boost required to get it there. I find it odd that a customers independent dyno it discarded as not valid when people at the dyno event confirmed the manual boost gauge that was hooked up to the car was in fact hitting over 6+ psi during his runs. Maybe the people attending were mistaken. If you can add boost logs to the dyno's you just posted showing your kit will make that power at 6.7 psi then the discussion is over and the video posted will make sense.

As to the continued marketing and testimony that the Rotex blower makes power sooner somehow than the Vortech blowers I believe the dynos you posted prove otherwise. What I see is very similar gains below 5k RPM to the many Vortech powered supercharger dynos in the dyno database and less top end than most.
Appreciate 0
      10-02-2013, 12:08 PM   #29
Sales@Evolve
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckRodgers View Post
Sal

Thanks for posting the dyno's. Do you have boost logs of the dynojet dyno's you posted? I have no doubt that your kit can make 500+ whp sae on a dynojet the question is what is the boost required to get it there. I find it odd that a customers independent dyno it discarded as not valid when people at the dyno event confirmed the manual boost gauge that was hooked up to the car was in fact hitting over 6+ psi during his runs. Maybe the people attending were mistaken. If you can add boost logs to the dyno's you just posted showing your kit will make that power at 6.7 psi then the discussion is over and the video posted will make sense.

As to the continued marketing and testimony that the Rotex blower makes power sooner somehow than the Vortech blowers I believe the dynos you posted prove otherwise. What I see is very similar gains below 5k RPM to the many Vortech powered supercharger dynos in the dyno database and less top end than most.
We have some tests on a dynojet with boost logs but the boost curve is very inconsistent. I can post those if you want. We have all seen such boost curves and the general consensus is to make a line of best fit.
No idea why this happens on some of the boost measurement devices but on our dyno dynamics we get a very clean reading.

Wayne confirmed with me on the day - the car made less than 5 PSi. The AFR went very rich as expected also.

When we say our kits make 6.2-6.7 PSi... they make that. Unless you start testing in sub zero temperatures or extreme hot climates.

As for the Rotrex having more torque low down - drive one our cars to experience the difference.

We do not want to get into a Vortech vs Rotrex discussion on here as we will not be drawn into a supercharger war which just simply happens too often on this forum.
Appreciate 0
      10-02-2013, 12:26 PM   #30
Sales@Evolve
Rep

Here is a dyno graph from a car tested at TVR power in the UK

We tested the same car hours earlier on our own dyno also.

Dyno graph of SAME car on same day:

A very well known forum member in the UK was present at both of the tests as the HP was being questioned on our dyno (too low). This was due to the Supersport tyres reading extremely low on the Dyno Dynamics (a well known problem in the UK with E92 M3's).

Notice how the two graph shapes are IDENTICAL. The boost reading from our machine is as it should be, nice and smooth. The boost reading from the Dynojet is wavy (for what ever reason).

Dyno Dynamics read low anyway but the effect on this car is exaggerated due to the Supersports.
Appreciate 0