BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 Marketplace > Private Sellers - For Sale / Trade / Wanted > Suspension / Brakes / Chassis / Spacers

03-17-2019, 10:25 PM   #1
amrazM
mTekMods
United_States
Rep
Drives: like a granny.

WTB : Subframe bushing removal tool

BIMMERPOST / Classifieds
Asking Price:
USD 1.00

Or Best Offer

Item Interest
Willing to buy or rent tool for subframe bushing removal.

G-Power Supercharged
First DCT to Manual Conversion Worldwide
KW CS, BBS RI-A, BW Headers, Snow 2.5
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2019, 06:01 PM   #2
M43S7RO
Major
Rep
Drives: Jerez Black E92 M3

Reach out to Harold at HPA:
https://www.hpashop.com/Bushing-Tool...g-tool-kit.htm

I used a combination of a Harbor Freight tool that's mentioned in the DIY here and a loaner bearing c clamp tool from autozone. Let me know if you want more info.
      03-18-2019, 06:42 PM   #3
amrazM
mTekMods
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by M43S7RO View Post
Reach out to Harold at HPA:
https://www.hpashop.com/Bushing-Tool...g-tool-kit.htm

I used a combination of a Harbor Freight tool that's mentioned in the DIY here and a loaner bearing c clamp tool from autozone. Let me know if you want more info.
I sent Them an email, doesn’t look like they produce it anymore.

I’ve seen diy tools on e90/1post, did you have to remove your subframe from under the car?

G-Power Supercharged
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2019, 10:56 PM   #4
M43S7RO
Major
Rep
Drives: Jerez Black E92 M3

Call him if you are interested, I called him in the last month and he had to track down the tool and called me back and let me know he had it available for rent. By that point I had already used the hf tool so did not need it after all. Attached is the setup I used to remove the bushings.

I dropped the subframe with everything attached including diff using a harbor freight table lift, my pop happened to haven one which was a huge help as it made lowering and raising the whole assembly a piece of cake. Disassembling everything once its all out is much easier than trying to seperate the diff first. I can't imagine trying to remove the bushings without pulling the subframe out. There isn't that much to remove and much easier to work with it out of the car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amrazM View Post
I sent Them an email, doesn’t look like they produce it anymore.

I’ve seen diy tools on e90/1post, did you have to remove your subframe from under the car?
Attached Images

Last edited by M43S7RO; 03-18-2019 at 11:08 PM..
Appreciate 1
      03-19-2019, 05:51 PM   #5
amrazM
mTekMods
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by M43S7RO View Post
Call him if you are interested, I called him in the last month and he had to track down the tool and called me back and let me know he had it available for rent. By that point I had already used the hf tool so did not need it after all. Attached is the setup I used to remove the bushings.

I dropped the subframe with everything attached including diff using a harbor freight table lift, my pop happened to haven one which was a huge help as it made lowering and raising the whole assembly a piece of cake. Disassembling everything once its all out is much easier than trying to seperate the diff first. I can't imagine trying to remove the bushings without pulling the subframe out. There isn't that much to remove and much easier to work with it out of the car.
Thanks for your help i genuinely appreciate it, I’ll call them up and arrange renting the tool. I’ll just pull the rear end out as a whole unit.

G-Power Supercharged
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2019, 10:35 AM   #6
RokkM3
Private
Rep
Drives: e92 m3 vt625

I have the Schwaben subframe bushing tool kit. I paid 150$ for it. used it the one time and I bet Ill never use it again. Convince me to sell it to you and its yours.
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2019, 06:09 PM   #7
amrazM
mTekMods
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by RokkM3 View Post
I have the Schwaben subframe bushing tool kit. I paid 150$ for it. used it the one time and I bet Ill never use it again. Convince me to sell it to you and its yours.
Did it work? I read that it just strips

G-Power Supercharged
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2019, 07:47 PM   #8
SAMM3Y
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2008 m3

I have the schwaben tool too, it works great but my thrust bearing did seperate into 3 pieces. It still works and I could source a new bearing if needed but the cups and c blocks are great. If you can wait till it goes on sale you can get it for around $100. Schwaben tools are typically pieces of shite but for $100 on sale it's worth it for the occasional job.
      03-24-2019, 04:32 PM   #9
gmx
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: VO 1M

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAMM3Y View Post
I have the schwaben tool too, it works great but my thrust bearing did seperate into 3 pieces. It still works and I could source a new bearing if needed but the cups and c blocks are great. If you can wait till it goes on sale you can get it for around $100. Schwaben tools are typically pieces of shite but for $100 on sale it's worth it for the occasional job.
What site(s) does it usually go on sale at?
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2019, 04:51 PM   #10
SAMM3Y
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2008 m3

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmx View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by SAMM3Y View Post
What site(s) does it usually go on sale at?
Ecs or turner, they do 25% off schwaben tools all the time. Plus ECS will do free shipping on $49 and up..