BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Watches

European Auto Source (EAS)

02-25-2019, 01:35 PM   #23
Rmtt
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 128i, 2008 LS3 C6

Quote:
Originally Posted by MGM135is View Post
Very nice. I am more of a Citizen or Casio Pathfinder watch guy. I doubt I’ll ever make it to your level. Congrats!
Once you are my age (if your younger), and the kids are out of the house (if you have kids).....money seems to be more abundant.

But if I am being blunt about it....I grew up dirt poor. Lived in Govt. Assisted housing most of my life in the worst places in my area.

Lit a fire under my ass that I wasn't going to live like that. Started working as early as I could, paid my way through my first degree, then lucked up and got a job that paid my second degree which was completed while I worked full time with a family.

Started saving for retirement early, and mainly focused on paying off debt as I hate to owe anyone. Never even had a personal credit card although I do have a company card for expense type stuff.

Lived well below my means for years. Any raises went back into my retirement fund or other investments such as land. We currently budget our household on what we were making 15+ years ago. Only one bill left and that is a mortgage, and it's almost gone.

But I will be having another one soon as my wife does want to buy another house. But I have set a price range for her if we do that.

You just have to believe that you can get to where you want in life, define how you plan to do it, and then put it in action. And believe in it. Reinforce it daily. And don't be scared to try something new.

Years ago I would have never thought I would be in the position that I am in until one day I decided that the only way to break the cycle was to change myself and my way of thinking.
      02-25-2019, 08:27 PM   #24
c1pher
Primo Generalissimo
United_States
Rep
Drives: All of them

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rmtt View Post
Once you are my age (if your younger), and the kids are out of the house (if you have kids).....money seems to be more abundant.

But if I am being blunt about it....I grew up dirt poor. Lived in Govt. Assisted housing most of my life in the worst places in my area.

Lit a fire under my ass that I wasn't going to live like that. Started working as early as I could, paid my way through my first degree, then lucked up and got a job that paid my second degree which was completed while I worked full time with a family.

Started saving for retirement early, and mainly focused on paying off debt as I hate to owe anyone. Never even had a personal credit card although I do have a company card for expense type stuff.

Lived well below my means for years. Any raises went back into my retirement fund or other investments such as land. We currently budget our household on what we were making 15+ years ago. Only one bill left and that is a mortgage, and it's almost gone.

But I will be having another one soon as my wife does want to buy another house. But I have set a price range for her if we do that.

You just have to believe that you can get to where you want in life, define how you plan to do it, and then put it in action. And believe in it. Reinforce it daily. And don't be scared to try something new.

Years ago I would have never thought I would be in the position that I am in until one day I decided that the only way to break the cycle was to change myself and my way of thinking.
I started with nothing too, my kids are out of the house, just my level of success does not reach yours.
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2019, 05:44 AM   #25
Rmtt
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 128i, 2008 LS3 C6

Quote:
Originally Posted by MGM135is View Post
I started with nothing too, my kids are out of the house, just my level of success does not reach yours.
I wouldn't put too much thought into it.....especially like I did after I realized how long my post was.

There are a lot of other factors that can be out of your control though.

For example, I see the area which you are from on your user info. I bet your cost of living is probably 2X what we have in the area I am at.

I have several friends that now live here who owned modest houses in Boston and Long Island that bought them when they were young.

When they moved here for work or other reasons, they pretty much made a killing. Came down here and paid cash for very nice houses, and had money left over.

I remember once a firm trying to recruit me to a job in LA years ago. My house at the moment was around $130K when I bought it. It's now worth in the $180's. However...the same house in LA would have easily cost me north of $500K. And then when you factor in taxes and everything else...I stayed where I was. (I had no intention of moving anyway as all my family is here).

There are more factors at play than what I implied. Nevertheless...I wish you the best in everything!
      04-22-2019, 06:43 AM   #26
bctz123
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW 540i G30

I have the same one with the rubber strap, makes it look more sporty, f1 like
Appreciate 0