BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > M3 Photos/Video/Media Gallery

EXXEL Distributions

11-03-2019, 01:47 AM   #1
sylonien
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M3

Track day experience here in the UK (Castle Combe)

Been driving for 15 years and owned couple of M3s, but this is my first time ever on the track. If anyone's interested, here's my first ever track day video, info and images.

Done about 50 laps, it was fairly cold and wet. Spun in the morning. Didn't push very hard especially for my first time.

Also, now I finally understand why you need bucket seats. I was literally falling out of my seat at around 50-60mph in the corners. Probably could push further with the tyres, but I couldn't keep myself seated properly!!

Also, it seems rather expensive to go on a track here in the UK at 230 USD for the day. Is any cheaper in the US?

Anyway, thanks for looking.

11-03-2019, 09:12 PM   #2
akkando
Major General
Rep
Drives: 17 M2 DCT LBB,11 e90 M3 ZCP IB

Quote:
Originally Posted by sylonien View Post
Been driving for 15 years and owned couple of M3s, but this is my first time ever on the track. If anyone's interested, here's my first ever track day video, info and images.

Done about 50 laps, it was fairly cold and wet. Spun in the morning. Didn't push very hard especially for my first time.

Also, now I finally understand why you need bucket seats. I was literally falling out of my seat at around 50-60mph in the corners. Probably could push further with the tyres, but I couldn't keep myself seated properly!!

Also, it seems rather expensive to go on a track here in the UK at 230 USD for the day. Is any cheaper in the US?

Anyway, thanks for looking.

It's not just the cost of track time, it's wear and tear on the car, then consumables like tires, gas, brake fluid, brake pads, rotors, and then upgrades as well!
Appreciate 1
kyippee1073.00
      11-03-2019, 09:57 PM   #3
SAMM3Y
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2008 m3

There's lots I love about England but the weather will never be one of them... so grey and miserable.
      11-03-2019, 10:21 PM   #4
kyippee
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3, Supra MK5, F44 235GC

Quote:
Originally Posted by akkando View Post
It's not just the cost of track time, it's wear and tear on the car, then consumables like tires, gas, brake fluid, brake pads, rotors, and then upgrades as well!
This... I estimate regular all-in costs of a track day to be ~$1,000 USD per day. Not including modifications, repairs (broken parts or damage), etc.
Appreciate 0