BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Professional Motorsport Racing Discussion (IMSA, DTM, Formula 1, Grand-AM, Le Mans, IRL, WRC, etc..)
 
BPM
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      10-05-2019, 01:14 PM   #23
///M Power-Belgium
Lieutenant General
///M Power-Belgium's Avatar
Belgium
18776
Rep
11,371
Posts

Drives: ///M3-E92-DCT Silverstone II
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Belgium

iTrader: (0)

According the latest about MAX and the RB-HONDA Spec/4 power source..

HONDA will tune the Spec/4 engine to the extreme in Suzuka.
Sounds like ...Everything or Nothing !
Will the thing blown or not ?
Attached Images
 
__________________
BPM DEV-Tune & DCT Software-Tune & Servotronic & coding ///Alpine HID Angeleyes ///Oem.exhaust mod.
Appreciate 1
      10-05-2019, 01:16 PM   #24
racerbruce
Racerbruce
racerbruce's Avatar
441
Rep
1,015
Posts

Drives: 2007 Z4MR Imola Red
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Seattle

iTrader: (1)

Gravel vs asphalt

Quote:
Originally Posted by M5theonlyone View Post
That may be so though if a car is carrying excessive speed into a bend the gravel will slow the car much quicker sideways to a point UNLESS it's crazy speed then it's in danger of flipping.Again as the commentator says if the driver approaches a corner at that speed knowing he may go off it's his bad decision and should optimise to keep the car within the track limits.
The information presented in the holistic view of runoff areas states asphalt provides superior vehicle slowdown capabilities and suggests mandatory return routes to negotiate bollards at selected corners is the preferred method.

Gravel is still considered a non-preferred method.
__________________
Racerbruce
OZ Rims / Bilstein B8 Struts & Shocks / Eibach Pro-Kit Springs / ZHP Control Arms / RE Diablo Exhaust / RPi Air Intake / BMC Air Filter / CDV / 3M Paint Protection / TMS CF Grilles / TK CF Mirrors / Skyer CF Spoiler / CF Antenna / RE Trans Mounts / M Pedals & Dead Pedal / WeissLicht LED Rear Turn Signal Lamps / CoCo Floor Mats / #748 of 3,041
Appreciate 1
      10-05-2019, 01:20 PM   #25
///M Power-Belgium
Lieutenant General
///M Power-Belgium's Avatar
Belgium
18776
Rep
11,371
Posts

Drives: ///M3-E92-DCT Silverstone II
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Belgium

iTrader: (0)

Charles ?!?!
Attached Images
 
__________________
BPM DEV-Tune & DCT Software-Tune & Servotronic & coding ///Alpine HID Angeleyes ///Oem.exhaust mod.
Appreciate 1
      10-05-2019, 01:40 PM   #26
M5theonlyone
Colonel
United Kingdom
1400
Rep
2,047
Posts

Drives: BMW M5
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: Southern England

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2013 BMW M5  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M Power-Belgium View Post
Charles ?!?!
Seb will show him the way...umm.. eventually
Appreciate 1
      10-05-2019, 01:42 PM   #27
M5theonlyone
Colonel
United Kingdom
1400
Rep
2,047
Posts

Drives: BMW M5
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: Southern England

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2013 BMW M5  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M Power-Belgium View Post
According the latest about MAX and the RB-HONDA Spec/4 power source..

HONDA will tune the Spec/4 engine to the extreme in Suzuka.
Sounds like ...Everything or Nothing !
Will the thing blown or not ?
The lucky charm will be worn for sure.
Appreciate 1
      10-05-2019, 11:18 PM   #28
Fender150
Lieutenant
United_States
242
Rep
406
Posts

Drives: F82 M4
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: PA

iTrader: (0)

Na it will be lec versus ham, max third in quali, albon will do ok but the engine will RIP during the race, and safety car, my predictions lol
Appreciate 0
      10-06-2019, 11:45 AM   #29
///M Power-Belgium
Lieutenant General
///M Power-Belgium's Avatar
Belgium
18776
Rep
11,371
Posts

Drives: ///M3-E92-DCT Silverstone II
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Belgium

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by M5theonlyone View Post
The lucky charm will be worn for sure.
The prayers from MAX seem to work => https://www.gpblog.com/en/news/47236...-in-japan.html

And new fuel for the HONDA Spec/4 power source => https://www.gpblog.com/en/news/47228...ighted-content
__________________
BPM DEV-Tune & DCT Software-Tune & Servotronic & coding ///Alpine HID Angeleyes ///Oem.exhaust mod.
Appreciate 1
      10-06-2019, 01:28 PM   #30
M5theonlyone
Colonel
United Kingdom
1400
Rep
2,047
Posts

Drives: BMW M5
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: Southern England

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2013 BMW M5  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M Power-Belgium View Post
The prayers from MAX seem to work => https://www.gpblog.com/en/news/47236...-in-japan.html

And new fuel for the HONDA Spec/4 power source => https://www.gpblog.com/en/news/47228...ighted-content
It's looking good for Max if the weather forecast is positive for Sunday,I have thoughts about the race even being stopped before the end if it's as bad as forecast which it probably will be.
What has been added\mixed to the new Exxon/Mobil fuel is unknown and if it will make a difference with the full wets fitted.
Appreciate 1
      10-06-2019, 10:18 PM   #31
apexit4
Captain
Poland
307
Rep
702
Posts

Drives: 335D M-Sport
Join Date: Apr 2018
Location: Maryland

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by racerbruce View Post
The information presented in the holistic view of runoff areas states asphalt provides superior vehicle slowdown capabilities and suggests mandatory return routes to negotiate bollards at selected corners is the preferred method.

Gravel is still considered a non-preferred method.
I'm curios why more circuits dont employ a similar approach to what Paul Ricard does. The painted run off area was made to have two different levels of abrasiveness. Drivers seemed to do their best to keep off of it. I'd have thought a solution like that would be a nice middle ground between gravel traps and normal, smooth run off's.

The only downside I can see to that solution would be that the tire's are permanently damaged to an extent. So whereas the current rule of passing to a side of the bollard penalizes a driver temporarily, damaged tires penalize a drive more permanently. But if the issue is to make sure driver's don't get over-ambitious with speed or a pass into the corner, I'm sure this would be a good deterrent
Appreciate 0
      10-07-2019, 10:35 AM   #32
tdott
Colonel
974
Rep
2,125
Posts

Drives: M3
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: South FL / 6ix

iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by M5theonlyone View Post
What has been added\mixed to the new Exxon/Mobil fuel is unknown and if it will make a difference with the full wets fitted.
Grapefruit?
Appreciate 1
      10-07-2019, 10:42 AM   #33
///M Power-Belgium
Lieutenant General
///M Power-Belgium's Avatar
Belgium
18776
Rep
11,371
Posts

Drives: ///M3-E92-DCT Silverstone II
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Belgium

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdott View Post
Grapefruit?
And strawberries...
__________________
BPM DEV-Tune & DCT Software-Tune & Servotronic & coding ///Alpine HID Angeleyes ///Oem.exhaust mod.
Appreciate 0
      10-07-2019, 10:48 AM   #34
M5theonlyone
Colonel
United Kingdom
1400
Rep
2,047
Posts

Drives: BMW M5
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: Southern England

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2013 BMW M5  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by tdott View Post
Grapefruit?
Pink or red..
Appreciate 1
      10-07-2019, 10:53 AM   #35
///M Power-Belgium
Lieutenant General
///M Power-Belgium's Avatar
Belgium
18776
Rep
11,371
Posts

Drives: ///M3-E92-DCT Silverstone II
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Belgium

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by M5theonlyone View Post
Pink or red..
Both => https://www.gpblog.com/en/news/47261...o-tenths-.html
__________________
BPM DEV-Tune & DCT Software-Tune & Servotronic & coding ///Alpine HID Angeleyes ///Oem.exhaust mod.
Appreciate 1
      10-07-2019, 10:58 AM   #36
M5theonlyone
Colonel
United Kingdom
1400
Rep
2,047
Posts

Drives: BMW M5
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: Southern England

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2013 BMW M5  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M Power-Belgium View Post
Brill!
Appreciate 1
      10-07-2019, 11:04 AM   #37
///M Power-Belgium
Lieutenant General
///M Power-Belgium's Avatar
Belgium
18776
Rep
11,371
Posts

Drives: ///M3-E92-DCT Silverstone II
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Belgium

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by M5theonlyone View Post
Brill!
Hopefully MAX gets finally the Ferrari Jet-Mode with the fruit blend !
__________________
BPM DEV-Tune & DCT Software-Tune & Servotronic & coding ///Alpine HID Angeleyes ///Oem.exhaust mod.
Appreciate 1
      10-07-2019, 11:21 AM   #38
M5theonlyone
Colonel
United Kingdom
1400
Rep
2,047
Posts

Drives: BMW M5
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: Southern England

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2013 BMW M5  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M Power-Belgium View Post
Hopefully MAX gets finally the Ferrari Jet-Mode with the fruit blend !
Every 'extra' helps
Appreciate 1
      10-07-2019, 07:51 PM   #39
racerbruce
Racerbruce
racerbruce's Avatar
441
Rep
1,015
Posts

Drives: 2007 Z4MR Imola Red
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Seattle

iTrader: (1)

The additive is....

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M Power-Belgium View Post
And strawberries...
....dirt
__________________
Racerbruce
OZ Rims / Bilstein B8 Struts & Shocks / Eibach Pro-Kit Springs / ZHP Control Arms / RE Diablo Exhaust / RPi Air Intake / BMC Air Filter / CDV / 3M Paint Protection / TMS CF Grilles / TK CF Mirrors / Skyer CF Spoiler / CF Antenna / RE Trans Mounts / M Pedals & Dead Pedal / WeissLicht LED Rear Turn Signal Lamps / CoCo Floor Mats / #748 of 3,041
Appreciate 1
      10-08-2019, 02:58 AM   #40
M5theonlyone
Colonel
United Kingdom
1400
Rep
2,047
Posts

Drives: BMW M5
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: Southern England

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2013 BMW M5  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by racerbruce View Post
....dirt
The strawbs are rinsed first
Appreciate 1
      10-08-2019, 07:13 AM   #41
apexit4
Captain
Poland
307
Rep
702
Posts

Drives: 335D M-Sport
Join Date: Apr 2018
Location: Maryland

iTrader: (0)

Looks like we could be in for some rain affected sessions this weekend. Typhoon Hagibis seems on course to hit Japan this weekend, most likely affecting track action on Saturday and possibly on Friday. Sunday at the moment looks to be free of rain.

Will be interesting to see how the path of the typhoon develops. The last wet race we saw this season was quite eventful!
Appreciate 1
      10-08-2019, 08:45 AM   #42
M5theonlyone
Colonel
United Kingdom
1400
Rep
2,047
Posts

Drives: BMW M5
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: Southern England

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2013 BMW M5  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by apexit4 View Post
Looks like we could be in for some rain affected sessions this weekend. Typhoon Hagibis seems on course to hit Japan this weekend, most likely affecting track action on Saturday and possibly on Friday. Sunday at the moment looks to be free of rain.

Will be interesting to see how the path of the typhoon develops. The last wet race we saw this season was quite eventful!
I hope its vice versa, we have the rain on Sunday and a dry qualifying.
Appreciate 1
      10-08-2019, 08:46 AM   #43
apexit4
Captain
Poland
307
Rep
702
Posts

Drives: 335D M-Sport
Join Date: Apr 2018
Location: Maryland

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by M5theonlyone View Post
I hope its vice versa, we have the rain on Sunday and a dry qualifying.
Why not both?
Appreciate 0
      10-08-2019, 09:07 AM   #44
M5theonlyone
Colonel
United Kingdom
1400
Rep
2,047
Posts

Drives: BMW M5
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: Southern England

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2013 BMW M5  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by apexit4 View Post
Why not both?
As you say, why not, it would be a bonus.
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:42 PM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST