BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Track / Autocross / Dragstrip / Driving Techniques
 
GetBMWParts
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      10-07-2019, 05:54 PM   #111
pbonsalb
Major General
2826
Rep
7,350
Posts

Drives: 08 E90 M3, 99 E36 M3 Turbo
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Concord, NH

iTrader: (3)

I have a set of revshift 80A trans mounts I would like to sell if anyone is interested. I must be a lightweight - they were more than I wanted for my 6MT street car. Would sell shipped for $60, half the new price of $120.

EDIT: I sold these a few months ago.

Last edited by pbonsalb; 01-19-2020 at 04:52 PM..
Appreciate 0
      01-19-2020, 02:30 PM   #112
///Mobbin
Colonel
///Mobbin's Avatar
799
Rep
2,241
Posts

Drives: m3
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Houston

iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///Mobbin View Post
Juster ordered some new engine mounts to try out, LINK.

New-ish offering from Turner (currently on sale). I went with the 90a option for street/track duty. Will report back after I get them installed, can't wait!
Finally getting these installed this week, will report back with initial impressions.
Attached Images
 
__________________
2011 e92 m3 | Alpine White | DCT
Appreciate 0
      01-19-2020, 04:57 PM   #113
b4hand
Lieutenant
233
Rep
462
Posts

Drives: 2011 ZCP M3
Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: Austin, TX

iTrader: (2)

Has anyone done solid engine mounts? My car is becoming more track only, and I plan to tow it.
Appreciate 0
      01-20-2020, 07:25 AM   #114
rhyary
Major
United_States
345
Rep
1,321
Posts

Drives: 2013 M3
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Albany, NY

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///Mobbin View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ///Mobbin View Post
Juster ordered some new engine mounts to try out, LINK.

New-ish offering from Turner (currently on sale). I went with the 90a option for street/track duty. Will report back after I get them installed, can't wait!
Finally getting these installed this week, will report back with initial impressions.
I have these. Love the vibration. Feels like you are holding the S65 in your hands.

IT DOES Raise the engine by few millimeters and is a problem if you use ESS supercharger.

I have yet to find a solution for the hood. I need 2mm and I can't find those 2mm easily.

It rubs and I taped a blue painter tape which rub but last for awhile until I need to tape a new one.
Appreciate 1
///Mobbin798.50

      01-20-2020, 07:39 AM   #115
///Mobbin
Colonel
///Mobbin's Avatar
799
Rep
2,241
Posts

Drives: m3
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Houston

iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhyary View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ///Mobbin View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ///Mobbin View Post
Juster ordered some new engine mounts to try out, LINK.

New-ish offering from Turner (currently on sale). I went with the 90a option for street/track duty. Will report back after I get them installed, can't wait!
Finally getting these installed this week, will report back with initial impressions.
I have these. Love the vibration. Feels like you are holding the S65 in your end.

IT DOES Raise the engine by few millimeters and is a problem if you use ESS supercharger.

I have yet to find a solution for the hood. I need 2mm and I can't find those 2mm easily.

It rubs and I taped a blue painter tape which rub but last for awhile until I need to tape a new one.
Glad to hear you are enjoying these mounts and so strange on the 2mm raise, appreciate the heads up! I'm still NA but considering a Harrop setup down the road, I think clearance should still be okay but not positive.
__________________
2011 e92 m3 | Alpine White | DCT
Appreciate 0
      01-20-2020, 12:11 PM   #116
pbonsalb
Major General
2826
Rep
7,350
Posts

Drives: 08 E90 M3, 99 E36 M3 Turbo
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Concord, NH

iTrader: (3)

I think Rogue may sell stiffer mounts that lower the engine by about 1/4 but it has been a few years since I tried them. I could feel the vibration at factory idle speed and did not want that for my street car. I think it would have gone away at an elevated idle of around 900.
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2020, 08:17 AM   #117
135
Captain
Australia
90
Rep
653
Posts

Drives: 135i
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Australia

iTrader: (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by b4hand View Post
Has anyone done solid engine mounts? My car is becoming more track only, and I plan to tow it.
See my post from a few months ago: https://www.m3post.com/forums/showpost.php?p=25288616

I don't even remember that my car has solid engine mounts. Like I mentioned, the increased NVH was so minor to me.

I'll be installing the solid rear diff mounts in a couple weeks but I don't expect any increase in NVH as I already have a solid diff mount.

The solid trans mounts are a different story - they definitely did introduce considerable NVH. I removed them to ensure that was the contributing factor (it was) but I'll be reinstalling them at some stage, probably in a month or two.
Appreciate 0
      01-31-2020, 06:48 AM   #118
///Mobbin
Colonel
///Mobbin's Avatar
799
Rep
2,241
Posts

Drives: m3
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Houston

iTrader: (3)

So my initial impressions of the Turner 90A engine mounts. NVH is definitely increased but as a friend mentioned maybe they will break in some. That said I know rubber mounts break in, but not sure about poly. Tracking at COTA this weekend so that should break them in quick.

I think these would certainly be great for a track car, I'm somewhat thinking I should have gone 70a for my still dual use car but will withhold judgement until I've got some track time and more miles on them. I would recommend going softer for a daily. Dynamics are greatly improved of course, braking feels better, throttle faster to respond, etc, should be brilliant on track.

I'm also talking to Epic about raising the idle rpm on my engine tune and they said they can accommodate, should help.

Will report back when I have more time on them.
__________________
2011 e92 m3 | Alpine White | DCT
Appreciate 0
      02-01-2020, 11:51 PM   #119
TMANN
Private
TMANN's Avatar
29
Rep
95
Posts

Drives: '12 M3; '95 M3; '12 X535d
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Seattle, WA

iTrader: (0)

I pulled these Bimmerworld motor mounts off my E36 M3 track car when I went AKG poly for all bushings. Recently did rod bearings, so I threw these mm on the E92 since the factory mm's were shot at 74K. Significant NVH increase on the E92 which is mostly a daily driver with limited track (for now).
https://www.bimmerworld.com/Engine/E...Mount-Set.html
Appreciate 0
      02-02-2020, 07:41 AM   #120
///Mobbin
Colonel
///Mobbin's Avatar
799
Rep
2,241
Posts

Drives: m3
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Houston

iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///Mobbin View Post
So my initial impressions of the Turner 90A engine mounts. NVH is definitely increased but as a friend mentioned maybe they will break in some. That said I know rubber mounts break in, but not sure about poly. Tracking at COTA this weekend so that should break them in quick.

I think these would certainly be great for a track car, I'm somewhat thinking I should have gone 70a for my still dual use car but will withhold judgement until I've got some track time and more miles on them. I would recommend going softer for a daily. Dynamics are greatly improved of course, braking feels better, throttle faster to respond, etc, should be brilliant on track.

I'm also talking to Epic about raising the idle rpm on my engine tune and they said they can accommodate, should help.

Will report back when I have more time on them.
These mounts definitely broke in some already, between street miles and track time car has smoothed out quite a bit, will report back after I have some more miles.
__________________
2011 e92 m3 | Alpine White | DCT
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2020, 06:04 AM   #121
rhyary
Major
United_States
345
Rep
1,321
Posts

Drives: 2013 M3
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Albany, NY

iTrader: (0)

Anyone here knows if the Turner solid engine mounts will lower the engine by few mm compares to Turner 90A ?


https://www.turnermotorsport.com/p-1...ion-mount-set/
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2020, 08:47 AM   #122
SYT_Shadow
///M Powered for Life
SYT_Shadow's Avatar
United_States
5541
Rep
7,140
Posts

Drives: E90M/E92M/F80CS/X5 35/MiniCS
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Greenwich, CT

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMANN View Post
I pulled these Bimmerworld motor mounts off my E36 M3 track car when I went AKG poly for all bushings. Recently did rod bearings, so I threw these mm on the E92 since the factory mm's were shot at 74K. Significant NVH increase on the E92 which is mostly a daily driver with limited track (for now).
https://www.bimmerworld.com/Engine/E...Mount-Set.html
those are the ones I have. With a raised idle they aren't easy to notice
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2020, 03:45 PM   #123
rhyary
Major
United_States
345
Rep
1,321
Posts

Drives: 2013 M3
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Albany, NY

iTrader: (0)

This can be helpful in this thread
Attached Images
 
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2020, 03:51 PM   #124
rhyary
Major
United_States
345
Rep
1,321
Posts

Drives: 2013 M3
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Albany, NY

iTrader: (0)

Solid and Delrin.
Attached Images
  
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2020, 06:10 PM   #125
slicer
Major General
slicer's Avatar
United_States
1928
Rep
6,336
Posts

Drives: '13 E92 M3 - '20 X3MC
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Wisconsin - Instagram - @slicer_m

iTrader: (37)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMANN View Post
I pulled these Bimmerworld motor mounts off my E36 M3 track car when I went AKG poly for all bushings. Recently did rod bearings, so I threw these mm on the E92 since the factory mm's were shot at 74K. Significant NVH increase on the E92 which is mostly a daily driver with limited track (for now).
https://www.bimmerworld.com/Engine/E...Mount-Set.html
Quote:
Originally Posted by SYT_Shadow View Post
those are the ones I have. With a raised idle they aren't easy to notice
I didn't notice a big NVH difference when I installed these. No change to idle speed for me.
__________________
'13 E92 M3 - Ohlins TTX, SPL Susp Arms, AP Racing BBK (Essex), Akrapovic GT4, CSF Cooling, VPhreaks Bat, OE M3 GTS - Lip/RSD/Cage, M240ir Wing, Varis Diffuser, Karbonius Airbox, MFactory DS, M24 Door Cards, KMP Wheel, Sparco Seats w/BK Mounts, BBS E88, 3200 lbs
'20 X3M Comp - BBS LM (21"), H&R Springs, Akrapovic EVO Exhaust
INSTAGRAM - @Slicer_M
Appreciate 0
      03-09-2020, 12:10 PM   #126
tlrid3r
DISITRB
tlrid3r's Avatar
United_States
191
Rep
902
Posts

Drives: e92
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: San Jose, ca

iTrader: (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///Mobbin View Post
These mounts definitely broke in some already, between street miles and track time car has smoothed out quite a bit, will report back after I have some more miles.
any update?

thanks
__________________
///M3... Don't want more power, Just want it to turn sharper one step closer each time. -Ohlins TTX Raceline, PolePostions seats, Akrapovic EVO, ARC-8, 1/2 Cage, Seat Delete, Stoptech BBK, solid Subframe and diff bushing, spherical bearing on everything.
Appreciate 1
rhyary344.50

      03-09-2020, 12:47 PM   #127
///Mobbin
Colonel
///Mobbin's Avatar
799
Rep
2,241
Posts

Drives: m3
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Houston

iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tlrid3r View Post
any update?

thanks
I'm already considering going back to stock for the street

Still quite a bit of noticeable NVH, waiting on my raised idle tune to come in and will have some more thoughts to share after I try that out.

Truly brilliant on the track but perhaps a bit much for the street, current thinking at least.
__________________
2011 e92 m3 | Alpine White | DCT
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2020, 08:34 AM   #128
tlrid3r
DISITRB
tlrid3r's Avatar
United_States
191
Rep
902
Posts

Drives: e92
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: San Jose, ca

iTrader: (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///Mobbin View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by tlrid3r View Post
any update?

thanks
I'm already considering going back to stock for the street

Still quite a bit of noticeable NVH, waiting on my raised idle tune to come in and will have some more thoughts to share after I try that out.

Truly brilliant on the track but perhaps a bit much for the street, current thinking at least.
Im currently stock with engine mounts and transmission mount. I do track a lot. It's been mostly track duty for my car but I seem to kill engine mounts every 40k miles. Rear subframe and control arms are solid. That seems to be the most NVH I can handle in the street. I was looking for more durable engine mount but doesn't seems to be one that can be like oe feel and more durable.

Thanks for sharing you experience. I'll be replace my mounts once again cause I think they failed. This time around I trying something to see if it extends the life of the OE type.

I'll report more later.
__________________
///M3... Don't want more power, Just want it to turn sharper one step closer each time. -Ohlins TTX Raceline, PolePostions seats, Akrapovic EVO, ARC-8, 1/2 Cage, Seat Delete, Stoptech BBK, solid Subframe and diff bushing, spherical bearing on everything.
Appreciate 1
///Mobbin798.50

      03-10-2020, 10:13 AM   #129
Redd
Lieutenant Colonel
853
Rep
1,667
Posts

Drives: 2010 BMW E92 M3 Dakar Edition
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: Malaysia

iTrader: (0)

Have you tried Vibra-Technics engine mounts. They add only a tiny bit of vibration if any compared to stock.
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2020, 11:51 AM   #130
SQ13
Second Lieutenant
146
Rep
261
Posts

Drives: E46 M3
Join Date: May 2017
Location: US

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///Mobbin View Post
I'm already considering going back to stock for the street

Still quite a bit of noticeable NVH, waiting on my raised idle tune to come in and will have some more thoughts to share after I try that out.

Truly brilliant on the track but perhaps a bit much for the street, current thinking at least.
I might be interested if you decide to sell.
Appreciate 1
///Mobbin798.50

      03-13-2020, 10:56 AM   #131
///Mobbin
Colonel
///Mobbin's Avatar
799
Rep
2,241
Posts

Drives: m3
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Houston

iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SQ13 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ///Mobbin View Post
I'm already considering going back to stock for the street

Still quite a bit of noticeable NVH, waiting on my raised idle tune to come in and will have some more thoughts to share after I try that out.

Truly brilliant on the track but perhaps a bit much for the street, current thinking at least.
I might be interested if you decide to sell.
Tune loaded and car feels much better, need to drive for a few weeks before any decisions though, will report back.
__________________
2011 e92 m3 | Alpine White | DCT
Appreciate 0
      03-14-2020, 10:12 PM   #132
tlrid3r
DISITRB
tlrid3r's Avatar
United_States
191
Rep
902
Posts

Drives: e92
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: San Jose, ca

iTrader: (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tlrid3r View Post
Im currently stock with engine mounts and transmission mount. I do track a lot. It's been mostly track duty for my car but I seem to kill engine mounts every 40k miles. Rear subframe and control arms are solid. That seems to be the most NVH I can handle in the street. I was looking for more durable engine mount but doesn't seems to be one that can be like oe feel and more durable.

Thanks for sharing you experience. I'll be replace my mounts once again cause I think they failed. This time around I trying something to see if it extends the life of the OE type.

I'll report more later.
Well. replaced my mounts with OE replacements and this time around decide to add a protective shield to see if it will help "prolong" the life. I believe premature failure is due to heat. Headers are right there.
Oddly enough the e36M and e46M both had shield on their mount, they also had mount failure but I seen reports on e9xM fail as soon as 35k-ish miles.
I ordered e36M shields and modified them, see below. https://www.ecstuning.com/b-genuine-...e/11811138228/

enough said, here are results:
mount3

mount1

mount2

cover1

cover2
Cut
cover3

cover4

mount5
__________________
///M3... Don't want more power, Just want it to turn sharper one step closer each time. -Ohlins TTX Raceline, PolePostions seats, Akrapovic EVO, ARC-8, 1/2 Cage, Seat Delete, Stoptech BBK, solid Subframe and diff bushing, spherical bearing on everything.
Appreciate 2
///Mobbin798.50
CSBM51522.00

Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:03 PM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST