BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Track / Autocross / Dragstrip / Driving Techniques

EXXEL Distributions

10-07-2019, 06:54 PM   #111
pbonsalb
Major General
Rep
Drives: 08 E90 M3, 99 E36 M3 Turbo

I have a set of revshift 80A trans mounts I would like to sell if anyone is interested. I must be a lightweight - they were more than I wanted for my 6MT street car. Would sell shipped for $60, half the new price of $120.

EDIT: I sold these a few months ago.

Last edited by pbonsalb; 01-19-2020 at 05:52 PM..
Appreciate 0
      01-19-2020, 03:30 PM   #112
///Mobbin
Colonel
Rep
Drives: m3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///Mobbin View Post
Juster ordered some new engine mounts to try out, LINK.

New-ish offering from Turner (currently on sale). I went with the 90a option for street/track duty. Will report back after I get them installed, can't wait!
Finally getting these installed this week, will report back with initial impressions.
Attached Images

01-19-2020, 05:57 PM   #113
b4hand
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 ZCP M3

Has anyone done solid engine mounts? My car is becoming more track only, and I plan to tow it.
Appreciate 0
      01-20-2020, 08:25 AM   #114
rhyary
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 M3

Quote:
Quote:

New-ish offering from Turner (currently on sale). I went with the 90a option for street/track duty. Will report back after I get them installed, can't wait!
Finally getting these installed this week, will report back with initial impressions.
I have these. Love the vibration. Feels like you are holding the S65 in your end.

IT DOES Raise the engine by few millimeters and is a problem if you use ESS supercharger.

I have yet to find a solution for the hood. I need 2mm and I can't find those 2mm easily.

It rubs and I taped a blue painter tape which rub but last for awhile until I need to tape a new one.
Appreciate 1
///Mobbin733.50

01-20-2020, 08:39 AM   #115
///Mobbin
Colonel
Rep
Drives: m3

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhyary View Post
Quote:
Quote:

I have these. Love the vibration. Feels like you are holding the S65 in your end.

IT DOES Raise the engine by few millimeters and is a problem if you use ESS supercharger.

I have yet to find a solution for the hood. I need 2mm and I can't find those 2mm easily.

It rubs and I taped a blue painter tape which rub but last for awhile until I need to tape a new one.
Glad to hear you are enjoying these mounts and so strange on the 2mm raise, appreciate the heads up! I'm still NA but considering a Harrop setup down the road, I think clearance should still be okay but not positive.
      01-20-2020, 01:11 PM   #116
pbonsalb
Major General
Rep
Drives: 08 E90 M3, 99 E36 M3 Turbo

I think Rogue may sell stiffer mounts that lower the engine by about 1/4 but it has been a few years since I tried them. I could feel the vibration at factory idle speed and did not want that for my street car. I think it would have gone away at an elevated idle of around 900.
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2020, 09:17 AM   #117
Captain
Australia
Rep
Drives: 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by b4hand View Post
Has anyone done solid engine mounts? My car is becoming more track only, and I plan to tow it.
See my post from a few months ago: https://www.m3post.com/forums/showpost.php?p=25288616

I don't even remember that my car has solid engine mounts. Like I mentioned, the increased NVH was so minor to me.

I'll be installing the solid rear diff mounts in a couple weeks but I don't expect any increase in NVH as I already have a solid diff mount.

The solid trans mounts are a different story - they definitely did introduce considerable NVH. I removed them to ensure that was the contributing factor (it was) but I'll be reinstalling them at some stage, probably in a month or two.
Appreciate 0