BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General Automotive (non-BMW) Talk + Photos/Videos

Mporium BMW

08-07-2018, 10:32 PM   #23
Darth One
drunk poster
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4 GTS | E46 M3

The other thing I forgot to mention is that Dubai is the only city on earth where the popo is also driving Huracans to be able to catch you with.

Sure, they're mostly for show, and I didn't forget that it was the speed cams that got him, but it would make for a cool NFS: Hot Pursuit style scenario.
Appreciate 0
      08-08-2018, 04:23 PM   #24
spiceyxi
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '08 528i, '06 Z4C & '13 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Not_Judy View Post
This entire story is gold! The lot that actually owns the car may be liable and doesn't want the car back, yet they have the tourists passport and he can't leave the country without it. That's come kind of a stand-off.
He could always have multiple passports and simply chalk that one as a loss and use his other to get home. I happen to have two passports and carry both when traveling internationally just to be safe. Kind of hilarious if that is the case in this situation. Just be sure to never return to Dubai.
Appreciate 0
      08-08-2018, 08:16 PM   #25
Germanauto
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Alfa Romeo Giulia, Rosso

If you have to give your Passport to rent a car that's a clear signal that if you do something stupid then your chances of leaving the country are in jeopardy. You've got to be pretty dumb to not but 2 + 2 together on this one.

To add to the stupidity, this is a country that's known to take the passports of migrant workers and essentially treat them like slaves. Not exactly what I'd call a trustworthy country that cares for human rights. It would be the last place I consider breaking the rules.
Appreciate 0