BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)

Mporium BMW
Closed Thread

04-01-2008, 07:42 PM   #2333
BritBoy
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: Ford Mondeo 20si (Old!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleeper3 View Post
Congrats!

Not sure if this has been posted before, but did anyone catch this article?

http://www.imakenews.com/huskerauto/...nCC8q,b943bD5D
Perhaps it's a typo - you know they're a bit slapdash with the PC.

It's possible that the link should read:

http://www.ifakenews.com/huskerauto/...nCC8q,b943bD5D
Appreciate 0
      04-01-2008, 07:45 PM   #2334
Fortune2008
Rep
Drives: Mercedes C300D

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelSTS View Post
The "Honorable" thing for them to do is to SHUT THE HELL UP!!! They were gaining a little respect the last couple of days...... now this!!! Do they think that they can just "slip in" a little statement and make things all better and life will go on. Sign me up for "THE FUND" - The legal fund- to Ken or whatever we need to do to set the record straight. Do they take us for a bunch of dummies? Let's get that car to Ken first.
Some people have no shame. This whole fiasco will go down as one of the great P.R. clusterfux of all time as of now on the internet. These guy did everything wrong you could do wrong, and then when they were starting to get some cred back they did it to thmeselves again. U.F.B.

I also see they arent on E-Bay anymore. Big loss. One less car dealer on that site is like one less flea on the ass of a diseased vulture.

I just want to see Ken's photos now as I am thinking of getting an M3, too. Dont worry, I wont be going to Nevraska for it. And Im donating my $25 to the Doom fund just as quickly as he tells me where to send it.

BMW-USA did nothing, right? Are they related to BMW-Canada? How disappointing.

Remember - webpower. EVen Huckster thinks its important if it it putting this kind of ad on the internet.
Appreciate 0
      04-01-2008, 08:28 PM   #2335
nikanasz
Registered
Rep
Drives: Perodua Kelisa

not a smart move by Husker. everbody knows the real story behind the "they agreed to honor the 60k price".

"Visit Husker BMW today, located at 6701 Telluride Drive in Lincoln. Or visit www.huskerbmw.com. You never know what kind of deal you’ll drive away with!"

i agree with that though, you never know what kind of shit you're getting into at this dealership!
Appreciate 0
      04-01-2008, 08:31 PM   #2336
BMWx5
Registered
Rep
Drives: bmwx5 4.8 08, various kits

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikanasz View Post
not a smart move by Husker. everbody knows the real story behind the "they agreed to honor the 60k price".

"Visit Husker BMW today, located at 6701 Telluride Drive in Lincoln. Or visit www.huskerbmw.com. You never know what kind of deal you’ll drive away with!"

i agree with that though, you never know what kind of shit you're getting into at this dealership!
The whole Husker dealership is full of shit.
Appreciate 0
      04-01-2008, 08:42 PM   #2337
BavarianFanatic
Too much is never enough
United_States
Rep
Drives: Too Many

It'll work. The great majority of average folk have no idea this thread (or this entire fiasco) ever existed.
Appreciate 0
      04-01-2008, 09:04 PM   #2338
Fortune2008
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob_K View Post
It'll work. The great majority of average folk have no idea this thread (or this entire fiasco) ever existed.
Im not so sure. As cars become more expensive compared with dispensable income I think a lot more people will use the internet to learn something about the cars they are thinking of buying AND the dealers, too. Youre from Redmond, WA, right, the home of Microsfot (or is it Starbux )? Keep making them and telling people the importance of the internet.
Appreciate 0
      04-01-2008, 09:25 PM   #2339
g00fba11
Rep
Drives: cayman

Damn, these guys should have run the propaganda machines in the old Soviet Union.
Appreciate 0
      04-01-2008, 09:49 PM   #2340
Epacy
Reincarnated
Rep
Drives: 02 Maxima SE

Garage List
2008 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Congrats!

Jesus H Christ...

So typical. Someone should add this link to their story...

Wonder what the local BMWCCA president has to say in regards to this. It is a blatant lie and goes against everything he promoted the dealership for.
Wasn't HAG the ones threatening this board for the alleged false statements made here? Talk about the biggest hypocrite... It is obvious they lie when it benefits them. However, god-forbid you make statements against them. Don't speak ill of the establishment...sounds like some governments I have seen that didn't end up making it...
      04-01-2008, 10:29 PM   #2341
Fortune2008
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epacy View Post
Jesus H Christ...

So typical. Someone should add this link to their story...

Wonder what the local BMWCCA president has to say in regards to this. It is a blatant lie and goes against everything he promoted the dealership for.
Wasn't HAG the ones threatening this board for the alleged false statements made here? Talk about the biggest hypocrite... It is obvious they lie when it benefits them. However, god-forbid you make statements against them. Don't speak ill of the establishment...sounds like some governments I have seen that didn't end up making it...
Precisely. At every step of the way Huckster has not missed an opportunity to miss an opoportunity.

First they claim "mistake" when theyre the experts.
Doom posts and they finally say theyll sell the car.
Then they try to impose conditions to save their face.
Then they bck down but dont take Dooms credit card deposit.
Then they agree to the sale but think Doom only has 72 hrs when he has 7 days and they pat themselves on the back for giving him a little more time (but not 7 days.)
Well, OK. But . . .
THEN they have a homer lawyer threaten to sue everybody on the board. Are you coming to Canada for me?
Then, finally, the agree to the sale and they even get some good P.R. because theyre finally gonna do something right- ship the car free.
Hooray. Huckster finally does the right thing.
And then they start a propoganda campaign that is embarassing.
What IS the Pres. of the Lincoln BMW club saying now? Id be embarassed to walk in that place again. Hes just being used like a tool.
So, keep the mistakes coming stupid lawsuits have to be next. These guys are so stupid they think bad news is good news. Yeah, right.

Last edited by Fortune2008; 04-01-2008 at 10:31 PM.. Reason: Typos
Appreciate 0
      04-01-2008, 11:59 PM   #2342
TwiBlueG35
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 08 Lexus IS350 Obsidian/Black

Congratulations on your new M3 sedan. I am glad that it has been settled in a happy way. Please post pictures once it gets home.
Appreciate 0
      04-02-2008, 12:45 AM   #2343
tturedraider
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 340i M Sport

Garage List
Quote:
Congrats!

I think Hillary wrote that for them.
Appreciate 0
      04-02-2008, 12:51 AM   #2344
tturedraider
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 340i M Sport

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob_K View Post
Unfortunately, you're right. But, man these guys are just utterly stupid!!!!! Posting it at this point, when so many are focused on this situation, is just like stirring a hornet's nest. Of course, it's not surprising, seeing that they've already demonstrated their complete lack of understanding regarding managing public relations.

Last edited by tturedraider; 04-02-2008 at 06:26 AM..
Appreciate 0
      04-02-2008, 01:13 AM   #2345
Los Angeles
Steve Forte Rio
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 08' 328i

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwiBlueG35 View Post
Congratulations on your new M3 sedan. I am glad that it has been settled in a happy way. Please post pictures once it gets home.
+1,0000.

And post the pics in this thread first!! Keep up the thread's momentum!!

(now @ 1,000,000+ views and counting...)
Appreciate 0
      04-02-2008, 04:16 AM   #2346
bolmedias14
Dooma350 Supporter!
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: N/A (I'm only like 16!)

Not one million views just yet...
Appreciate 0
      04-02-2008, 07:57 AM   #2347
freediverdude
Rep
Drives: Mazda3

Well, since Husker decided to place their own ad, with their version of the story, maybe we should place our own ad in the Lincoln paper telling the real facts. *stirs the pot* hehe
Appreciate 0
      04-02-2008, 08:41 AM   #2348
MichaelSTS
Rep
Drives: Cadillac STS

Quote:
Originally Posted by freediverdude View Post
Well, since Husker decided to place their own ad, with their version of the story, maybe we should place our own ad in the Lincoln paper telling the real facts. *stirs the pot* hehe
My thoughts exactly- also need to put an ad in the Omaha paper.
Appreciate 0
      04-02-2008, 08:49 AM   #2349
Technic
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 2021 i3S, 2024 i4 M50

I think that the main conclusion of this saga/drama/sitcom/circus (pick one) is that buying a car thru eBay and expecting eBay to enforce the seller rules is non-existent.

This was a situation that under normal, intelligent and sensible human beings, could have been resolved by a simple eBay communication thru email, perhaps a couple of phone calls and faxes. But it took a week, lawyers, and Internet forums to force this to resolution, while eBay was nowwhere to be found.

For me, eBay has shown that is a POS organization. Simple and straight. And with that in mind buyers have to realize that they are alone and they need to protect themselves if problems arise in an auction.
Appreciate 0
      04-02-2008, 10:23 AM   #2350
Tallest
Major General
Rep
Drives: 911

Garage List
2011 911  [10.00]
wow, what an article. Indeed sounds like HIllary advisors working on that one!
      04-02-2008, 10:43 AM   #2351
Fortune2008
Rep

My view shows 2 pages less than are supposed to exist. Does that mean that the administrtor of the site deleted maybe 30 posts?
Appreciate 0
      04-02-2008, 10:50 AM   #2352
nusevad
O! So Sour!!
United_States
Rep
Drives: Fast 240z / Slow M3

Garage List
1971 Datsun 240z  [0.00]
2008 M3  [9.60]
20,000 more views till 1 million!!
      04-02-2008, 10:55 AM   #2353
MichaelSTS
Rep
Drives: Cadillac STS

Here is a story that came out in the Lincoln paper yesterday- read all the comments listed below the story.

http://journalstar.com/articles/2008...d517540764.txt
Appreciate 0
      04-02-2008, 11:25 AM   #2354
BMW M5 Power
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 1991 BMW M5

Husker Auto Group Newsletter....

Well, where do I start....

First off, what Husker Auto Group decides to post on their private, internal client newsletter is completely up to them. If those posting this all over the place would have done some closer investigation they would have seen that the ONLY way to receive this is if you actively went to their website and SIGNED UP FOR IT. So, apparently, while people were poking around the Husker website last week for phone numbers, e-mail addresses and names of dealership employees to blast and harass, they must have signed up for this newsletter inadvertently or purposefully, received it, and posted.

Therefore the idea that this is some Global internet advertising scheme to "clear their name" is absurd. Believe me, Husker saying nothing openly is the best thing to do, in my opinion. In fact, the only reason anyone, outside the willing recipients who took time to sign up, even knows about this is because someone here posted it here. Further, I believe Huskers' actions have been to STAY OFF the internet, not reply or do anything. It is quite obvious that ANY comments from, or about, Husker Auto Group, that are NOT negative or in some way insulting in nature are NOT taken well here. How many times have you seen "tough crowd" posted here?

Now, if this newsletter had been posted here, or on any other blogs, directly as a response from the Husker Auto Group management team, that would be a different story. This story seems to be perpetuated by a few, a very few, here that are reaching for anything to keep it alive, perhaps to ensure it hits 1 million posts. In my opinion, this story is a dead or dying horse and has lost 98% of its interest or relevance. People have moved on, or are in the process, to the next "big issue". The point of all this was that Ken get his M3 at the price he bid....he has. The car ships today. My whole reason visiting this thread today was to mention the shipping....and then I find this....and more questioning of me!! I will not dignify my position with a response. Ask Ken what he thinks of me and my comments.....

If I may be so bold to speak as to point out that, as many here have stated, how really insignificant this story is locally and perhaps regionally. Meaning no disrespect here, but people have much more important things to worry about than this issue. Considering the economy, elections, Iraq war, gas prices, home foreclosures, the final 4 etc. As previously stated, other than the article in our local paper, buried in the business section, there was nothing. No local news station coverage, no radio, nothing. I say this because I can't express enough how important it is to realize that less than .01% of the people reading this would have ever even considered buying from BMW of Lincoln anyway. Even if I am wrong, as others have said, this will pass and be a moot point next week, at least to the buyers in this area.

Hey, waiting for a call from the dealership, gonna take some pictures of the car being loaded onto the transport. Ken contacted me offlist and I am also going to send him a hard copy of the newspaper article outlining this story and copies of the pictures. I hope everyone has a great week. Ken, look for pictures soon.....

Jeff
***all comments and opinions are those of the author and in no way represent the BMW CCA, the Missouri Valley Chapter or its board. Further, no animals were harmed while writing this response.

Last edited by BMW M5 Power; 04-02-2008 at 11:46 AM.. Reason: spelling errors/ provide clarity
Appreciate 0
Closed Thread