BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU Software Modifications

BPM

09-15-2018, 02:07 PM   #1
E90M3velocity
Captain
Philippines
Rep
Drives: Manual-Slicktop E90 M3

bunch of error codes, please help!

Was on my home from filling her up with gas and all of the sudden it went into limp mode. Tried limping it home, car died many times, wouldn't restart without having a rest, idles was bouncing at times and loss momentum going over an overpass. I pulled codes of Carly in order in which they appeared-

error codes
- CDB7: embassy 0x326 (EDC reception status) - I asked a shop to code out the EDC error code when I installed my coilovers which I always had this since then, but it never triggered any error message on it's own.
- 2B0D: idle speed control monitoring bank 1 - dealer replaced it about 15k miles ago for an increased emissions problem.
- 2B57: engine emergency program activated
- 275E: lambda control stop error bank 2
- 2714: lambda control stop error bank 1
- 2796: intake manifold pressure sensor - pretty sure this was replaced when I got the car about 15k miles ago... it basically made error codes rain shortly after I purchased it.
- 2B35: misfiring with shutdown zyl.1
- 2B36: misfiring with shutdown zyl.2
- 2B37: misfiring with shutdown zyl.3
- 2B38: misfiring with shutdown zyl.4
- 2B39: misfiring with shutdown zyl.5
- 2B3A: misfiring with shutdown zyl.6
- 2B3B: misfiring with shutdown zyl.7
- 2B3C: misfiring with shutdown zyl.8
- A559: klemme30g f shutdown/ KL30g f shutdown/ KL.30g f shutdown/ KL30g f Cutoff

A friend said it could be a leak and I originally thought it might of been fuel tank breather valve... now kinda stuck.
Appreciate 1
      09-15-2018, 02:22 PM   #2
BOOF-M3
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 M3

No way that the fuel tank breather valve is doing all of that. I don't believe you even get an error code for it. Most likely one item causing all of that (battery)?
Appreciate 3
      09-15-2018, 02:29 PM   #3
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep
Drives: ///M3-E92-DCT Silverstone II

Quote:
Originally Posted by E90M3velocity View Post
Was on my home from filling her up with gas and all of the sudden it went into limp mode. Tried limping it home, car died many times, wouldn't restart without having a rest, idles was bouncing at times and loss momentum going over an overpass. I pulled codes of Carly in order in which they appeared-

error codes
- CDB7: embassy 0x326 (EDC reception status) - I asked a shop to code out the EDC error code when I installed my coilovers which I always had this since then, but it never triggered any error message on it's own.
- 2B0D: idle speed control monitoring bank 1 - dealer replaced it about 15k miles ago for an increased emissions problem.
- 2B57: engine emergency program activated
- 275E: lambda control stop error bank 2
- 2714: lambda control stop error bank 1
- 2796: intake manifold pressure sensor - pretty sure this was replaced when I got the car about 15k miles ago... it basically made error codes rain shortly after I purchased it.
- 2B35: misfiring with shutdown zyl.1
- 2B36: misfiring with shutdown zyl.2
- 2B37: misfiring with shutdown zyl.3
- 2B38: misfiring with shutdown zyl.4
- 2B39: misfiring with shutdown zyl.5
- 2B3A: misfiring with shutdown zyl.6
- 2B3B: misfiring with shutdown zyl.7
- 2B3C: misfiring with shutdown zyl.8
- A559: klemme30g f shutdown/ KL30g f shutdown/ KL.30g f shutdown/ KL30g f Cutoff

A friend said it could be a leak and I originally thought it might of been fuel tank breather valve... now kinda stuck.
BMW ECU Error Codes Described => https://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=928325

BPM DEV-Tune & DCT Software-Tune & Servotronic & coding ///Alpine HID Angeleyes ///Oem.exhaust mod.
Appreciate 1
      09-15-2018, 02:45 PM   #4
E90M3velocity
Captain
Philippines
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOOF-M3 View Post
No way that the fuel tank breather valve is doing all of that. I don't believe you even get an error code for it. Most likely one item causing all of that (battery)?
Yeah, I thought it would of been since I just got gas before it happened and the idle was not stable during limp mode. After looking at the codes that theory disappeared like my error code free driving bliss haha.
Appreciate 1
BOOF-M34450.00
      09-18-2018, 08:34 PM   #5
E90M3velocity
Captain
Philippines
Rep

Started the car and a new set of codes came up when I scanned through Carly, but the car did not go into limp mode or throw any codes on the cluster. Typed word for word from Carly-

- CDB7: always have this (no more EDC)
- 2738: fuellungsplausibilitaet diagnostics cold start strategy Bank 2
- 2737: fuellungsplausibilitaet diagnostics cold start strategy Bank 1
- 5DE3: DSC-ECU: ECU-internal: Status wheel speed sensors of the SP interface does not match the configuration. / coding wrong / EU-valve 2 / Lining Wear HA reaches critical coating thickness. / DSC-ECU: ECU-internal: Status Raddrehzahlfuelerausgang the SP interface does not match the configuration. / DSC ECU: ECU internally: Status Raddrehzahlfuehlerausgang of SP-interface does not match the configuration --- (DSC: controller internal)
- 5E19: Coil outlet valve (dump) shorted front right / DSC-ECU: (ECU internal) / DSC-ECU: ECU-internal: Serial Peripherial interface (SPI): ID request not accepted. / CAN DMW / DDE, engine torque not adjustable / DSC-ECU: ECU-internal: Serial Peripheral Interface (SPI): ID request not accepted. / CAN DME / DDE, engine torque not adjustable
- A6F3: Coding data CRC error

Soooo yeah, didn't expect to find a different set of codes and I can't even find much information about 5DE3 and 5E19
Appreciate 0