BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)

BPM

04-30-2019, 05:06 PM   #8933
spazzyfry123
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Here and There

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckiSevens View Post
Would recommend a Lexus SUV
Don't like your GC? We love ours!
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2019, 05:36 PM   #8934
wfdeacon88
Major
Rep
Drives: E90 M3

Day 5 without the M... Thursday can't come soon enough.
Appreciate 3
      04-30-2019, 06:24 PM   #8935
Solo_M_Tech
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 M5 6MT

Garage List
2014 BMW M5  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by XKxRome0ox View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solo_M_Tech View Post
Drove the car to Publix for some home supplies and came out to find a random teenager taking selfies with my M3. I wasnt mad and he was respectful. He complemented the car and I told him to have a good day.
nice
i have 513m wheels on my e90 as well
with red front brakes (st60)
no spacer front, 18mm in rear

what size tires are you running?
I have 245/40/18 and 275/35/18 mps4s
255/40-18 front and 275/40-18 rear. 15mm spacers all around.
      04-30-2019, 06:29 PM   #8936
firstbimmer
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '13 e92 M3 & '15 f15 X5 35i x

New battery installed and registered. Car lasted 6 years, 52k miles, with original battery. Discharge warnings and electrical gremlins started about a month ago.
Appreciate 1
      04-30-2019, 07:04 PM   #8937
Siajoon
///Majestic
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 E90 ///M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by wfdeacon88 View Post
Where the M?
Appreciate 1
wfdeacon881105.00
      04-30-2019, 07:07 PM   #8938
wfdeacon88
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siajoon View Post
Quote:
Where the M?
in a body shop getting the bumper and fender resprayed and blended and mirror cover replaced/painted.. a lady merged into me last Monday morning on the highway, luckily just some scratches and a missing mirror cap, but damn it's been in since Thursday and driving me insane not having it...
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2019, 08:15 PM   #8939
LuckiSevens
Banned
Rep
Drives: M3 e93

Quote:
Originally Posted by spazzyfry123 View Post
Quote:
Would recommend a Lexus SUV
Don't like your GC? We love ours!
I agree, It's a nice big suv, but we just had to have the main drive shaft replaced and top end of the engine rebuilt under warranty... 😬
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2019, 08:17 PM   #8940
LuckiSevens
Banned
Rep

Ran a couple of errands in between trades today. Sorry about the obscured photo but the angle caught my eye 🥴
Attached Images

Last edited by LuckiSevens; 04-30-2019 at 08:23 PM..
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2019, 09:52 PM   #8941
Siajoon
///Majestic
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Where the M?
in a body shop getting the bumper and fender resprayed and blended and mirror cover replaced/painted.. a lady merged into me last Monday morning on the highway, luckily just some scratches and a missing mirror cap, but damn it's been in since Thursday and driving me insane not having it...
Ouch.. that's shitty man! But atleast you'll get her back lookin nice and pretty! I've been looking to get my front bumper resprayed... because it's a little dinged up and my OCD is killing me, still been debating pulling the trigger for a euro front bumper which would look damn clean...

If you don't mind me asking, did you go through insurance? I assume you did judging by the size of the job?
Appreciate 1
wfdeacon881105.00
      05-01-2019, 05:32 AM   #8942
wfdeacon88
Major
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Where the M?
Ouch.. that's shitty man! But atleast you'll get her back lookin nice and pretty! I've been looking to get my front bumper resprayed... because it's a little dinged up and my OCD is killing me, still been debating pulling the trigger for a euro front bumper which would look damn clean...

If you don't mind me asking, did you go through insurance? I assume you did judging by the size of the job?
Don't mind at all, I did. The person who swiped me didn't offer to pay out of pocket, so I just did the claim through her company. The initial estimate was $1,100, but the body shop I used was clearly more thorough and said $2K. In the end, Geico agreed to everything except a total bumper respray, so I worked it out with the body shop that I would pay the difference to get a complete bumper job (only ~$230) which was pretty fair considering the alternative was just a left side fix, but now I'll get an entirely refinished bumper. it needed it also... Wish I could have gone Euro but I have new painted reflectors.
Appreciate 0
      05-01-2019, 11:25 AM   #8943
Siajoon
///Majestic
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Where the M?

Don't mind at all, I did. The person who swiped me didn't offer to pay out of pocket, so I just did the claim through her company. The initial estimate was $1,100, but the body shop I used was clearly more thorough and said $2K. In the end, Geico agreed to everything except a total bumper respray, so I worked it out with the body shop that I would pay the difference to get a complete bumper job (only ~$230) which was pretty fair considering the alternative was just a left side fix, but now I'll get an entirely refinished bumper. it needed it also... Wish I could have gone Euro but I have new painted reflectors.
Good for you... if I got a respray at no cost basically then I would just skip out on the euro bumper..
Appreciate 0
      05-01-2019, 12:08 PM   #8944
MaximusB
Major
Rep
Drives: 13 Frozen White E92

Quote:
Could you ask the shop to fill in the holes for the reflectors? It is not a big opening to fill, so should be pretty straight forward. It may add about 2 hours of labour, but could be worth it if you want that clean look.
Appreciate 0
      05-01-2019, 12:09 PM   #8945
wfdeacon88
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaximusB View Post
Quote:
Could you ask the shop to fill in the holes for the reflectors? It is not a big opening to fill, so should be pretty straight forward. It may add about 2 hours of labour, but could be worth it if you want that clean look.
I actually already had painted reflectors from IND that were delivered before the fender bender, so I just handed those to the body shop and asked them to put them on.. along with the black grills and side markers I also had from IND. So figured I would just use what I already had.
Appreciate 0
      05-01-2019, 12:15 PM   #8946
BayE30
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011.75 E90 M3 ZCP

Quote:
its more than 2hrs to do this properly and make it look seamless...
      05-01-2019, 12:31 PM   #8947
LuckiSevens
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Stupid idea, stop
Appreciate 0
      05-01-2019, 01:16 PM   #8948
MaximusB
Major
Rep
Drives: 13 Frozen White E92

Quote:
Stupid idea, stop
How so? I've had holes filled on my other car, three 2" holes on the front bumper. That was done 12 years ago and to this day it is still perfect. I was in a similar situation where I had to get my bumper repaired due to a minor accident, and I just paid out of pocket to have the shop filled the holes in prior to painting.

15 years ago when the import car scene was big people cut up and modify urethane bumpers all the time. Just need to find a shop that know how to patch urethane. If the shop just use bondo/fiber glass on urethane bumper, then yes, it'll show over time. But if you use urethane to patch a urethane bumper then you'll never be able to tell.

Last edited by MaximusB; 05-01-2019 at 01:22 PM..
Appreciate 2
ItsGary1457.50
wfdeacon881105.00
      05-01-2019, 01:46 PM   #8949
ItsGary
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2009 E90 M3

Quote:
How so? I've had holes filled on my other car, three 2" holes on the front bumper. That was done 12 years ago and to this day it is still perfect. I was in a similar situation where I had to get my bumper repaired due to a minor accident, and I just paid out of pocket to have the shop filled the holes in prior to painting.

15 years ago when the import car scene was big people cut up and modify urethane bumpers all the time. Just need to find a shop that know how to patch urethane. If the shop just use bondo/fiber glass on urethane bumper, then yes, it'll show over time. But if you use urethane to patch a urethane bumper then you'll never be able to tell.
I'll keep this in mind also. Found a very tiny paint defect on my bumper again. Just don't want to get railed by VPD for something so small.
      05-01-2019, 02:09 PM   #8950
SAMM3Y
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2008 m3

If you've got a flat colored car the cheaper route is matching a vinyl and wrapping the reflectors, cost about $10. Metallic matched vinyl is a more expensive costs about $50. IND's painted reflectors are expensive IMO, I'll shave mine when I repaint the bumper in a couple of weeks when it comes off for supercharger install..
      05-01-2019, 02:18 PM   #8951
spazzyfry123
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Here and There

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsGary View Post
I'll keep this in mind also. Found a very tiny paint defect on my bumper again. Just don't want to get railed by VPD for something so small.
Vancouver PD getting on your ass for a paint defect...?
Appreciate 0
      05-01-2019, 03:22 PM   #8952
LuckiSevens
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Stupid idea, stop

They're not holes, they're where the reflector fits in
Appreciate 0
      05-01-2019, 03:26 PM   #8953
LuckiSevens
Banned
Rep

Burned off some minivans
Attached Images

Appreciate 2
      05-01-2019, 04:36 PM   #8954
LuckiSevens