BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 Marketplace > Private Sellers - For Sale / Trade / Wanted > Cars for sale/wanted/trade

Mporium BMW

04-22-2019, 08:08 PM   #1
jordantastic
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: ZCP E90 M3 IB 6MT (sold)

2011 ZCP E90, Interlagos Blue, 6SPD, Slicktop

BIMMERPOST / Classifieds
Asking Price:
Sold

Item Interest
Hello all, my wife and i are selling our home and had to really talk about our finances. This took me long to find and i even had it shipped to CA from IL. Two years ago after no luck I ended up just making an ‘In Search Of’ post in this forum searching for any E90 m3. My only requirements were it had to be 6-speed and NOT black in color. Low and behold two Interlagos Blue ZCP m3’s came forward to me, it was a dream! After much research I locked in the one I have now as the other option had mods that reflected it wasn’t cared for as id like (cheap exhaust/wheels etc). I bought this car sight unseen and out of warranty. Engine is stock aside from an AFE engine air filter and running strong with no issues for over 2 years. Due to life being the way it is, I’d like to see this rare (in my eyes) spec go to a good home. See vehicle details below.

Price: $34,000 OBO
Clean Title
2011 M3
ZCP
E90
69k miles currently (BMW replaced engine @34k miles so 35k miles on new engine! More details below)
*6 speed
*Slick-top
*Speed-cloth seats (heated)
**Interlagos blue
Tech Package (Idrive/Navigation/Satellite Radio)
EDC
Convenience Package (Comfort Access/heated seats)
Rear PDC

Vehicle Background (with me):
After two years I have had zero issues. This was a weekend warrior. Never taken to the track and I planned to make her my ‘forever car’ which is why I did my best to keep her mainly stock. The subtle mods done to her on my purchase were exactly what I would have done myself, nothing too extreme. I am the fourth owner of this beauty. I bought this car sight unseen and out of warranty but did request a PPI done by Performance Eurowerks of Illinois. Once that checked out I found a company to ship to CA. There were a few different items to do to get this car officially registered in CA but nothing crazy and I got it done. Now that its in CA, no issues for any CA residents ☺. I did oil changes with Liqui Moly every 5k miles and recently did a brake fluid flush at a local euro shop. I recently changed the transmission fluid with Amsoil Synchromesh. Aside from maintenance that is all I have really done with her which isn’t much. Engine is 98% stock aside from an AFE air intake. I got super into detailing and bought so much stuff (like a rupes DA polisher) and took almost a week off of work to get her exterior in top shape. It was my first run but I did so much research to prepare. Id say the paint is 8.5/10. There are a few chips prior to my purchase that came with the car but it didn’t bother me much. Interior is 10/10, none smoker with no kids and ive always kept it in good condition.

Mods (while with me):
- Blinking 3rd brake light
- AFE engine air filter
- New bumper/repaint (my dumba55 got distracted reverse parking but i took care of it the right way and got a brand new bumper and fresh repaint. When I used my rupes to polish it I got a more up close feel of the paint and the paint match is perfect. Done by ‘RJ’s Paint Shop in Pleasanton, CA. I am from Sacramento and went an hour and a half to Pleasanton to get it done right.)
- Replaced footwell and trunk lighting to LED
- Wheel Coated with Gyeon Rim (2 coats)

Background/Mods (prior to my purchase):
I will now do my best to note the things that occurred even prior to my purchase of this vehicle. I want to be upfront and ensure the next owner the items I too considered on my part. My apologies for not being as detailed regarding history and paperwork. Since I initially planned to keep this car forever, i didnt quite prioritize record keeping and instead had a 'long term to-do list'. I know that is not a good excuse but I did my best to go back and gather as much detail as I can.

Background (prior to my purchase):
The engine was replaced in 2015 (at about 34 miles) with a new long block from BMW, fully replaced under warranty (Paperwork/invoice on hand!) from BMW. Previous owner was told “the car suddenly lost all power and the engine died. BMW sent a tow truck and towed it to the dealership. He asked them multiple times to give him exact details on what happened, but they told him "something went wrong internally, and you are getting a new engine". They never gave him the exact problem.” Our guess is rod bearings and they didnt want to say it because its a known issue, but BMW never officially acknowledged it.

The previous owner also tracked the car 3 times. Once with BMW performance class and twice through a local program. All of these were non-competitive in nature and more just for fun/experience.

Mods (prior to my purchase):
Spacers (12mm front, 5 or 8mm rear)
Stud Conversion (unsure of brand)
Black front grille (unsure of brand)
Alcantara shift/parking-brake boot
Color matched side markers
CF splitters (unsure of brand)
Full Novillo leather doors (car will come with the speed cloth door panels as well)
F10 lighted shift knob
PPF on front bumper
PPF on front fenders
PPF on mirror caps
BMP Stage 1 Tune
Euro MDM
Reverse Camera (works when it wants to. Havent gotten to repair it as the PDC works just fine.)

Pros
This is an extremely rare spec and stout vehicle. In my search 3 years ago, finding ANY 6-speed E90 m3 was tough and I bet its even harder now. Aside from that, Interlagos blue is the best color (imo) and it was a miracle that it even came knocking on my doorstep. I was shocked and now hope that same feeling is felt by that one person out there on the hunt for this rare spec. Engine was replaced by the dealership! Since the car currently has 69k miles on it (-34k when engine replaced) it has 35k miles on the new engine!! Engine is in solid shape, exterior just needs minor touch up and interior is in perfect condition. I remember finding a forum thread that this is potentially 1 of 1220 in the US. Sounds about right which means this may be your chance to own one of the last NA m3’s in a very rare spec.

Cons
I would say the biggest items on your end is possibly mileage. It has stood the test of time with me and proven me that purchasing this vehicle was the right move. So no cons for me!

I know the right buyer is out there and knows the worth of this spec m3. As mentioned I bought this car out of state, out of sight and out of warranty which shows that I risked the factors that you are already considering. This car has been running perfectly. I am in no rush to sell. Willing to ship at buyers at expense. Please email jj23ea@gmail.com. I prefer email for all questions, once a serious buyer is found then we can exchange numbers so please fill your email with as many questions as possible and I will definitely do my best to answer them ☺. Someone give this beauty a good home! Thanks for the time in reading this post, very much appreciated. Note I am putting this ad within the forum and on craigslist.

See Craigslist post for images: https://sacramento.craigslist.org/ct...872493770.html

*Update 04/24/2019 - Smogged the m3 and it passed! Ready to go

Attached Images

Last edited by jordantastic; 05-02-2019 at 06:20 PM.. Reason: info update
Appreciate 1
Gtracer52.50
      04-23-2019, 01:46 AM   #2
XKxRome0ox
e90noob
United_States
Rep
Drives: '08 E90 M3

do you know the mileage when the engine was replaced? that info would be useful to someone looking to buy the car

Production date - 2008-04-22
Appreciate 1
      04-23-2019, 03:09 PM   #3
jordantastic
Private
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by XKxRome0ox View Post
do you know the mileage when the engine was replaced? that info would be useful to someone looking to buy the car
Updated! Thank you!
Appreciate 0
      04-23-2019, 10:40 PM   #4
jmann2380
Private
Rep
Drives: E90ZCP 6sp Slicktop SpeedCloth

Be curious to see how this does as I have the literal clone to your car, down to the option list! With about 55k miles.

GLWTS
Appreciate 3
      04-24-2019, 08:37 PM   #5
therealm3
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: F30 340 MSport

I am local and very interested. Will PM you.
Appreciate 1
      04-25-2019, 12:36 AM   #6
Siajoon
///Majestic
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 E90 ///M3

Dammit that color is nice!!!
Appreciate 1
      04-25-2019, 08:24 AM   #7
IB M
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2017 M3 MG/SO ZCP DCT

Garage List
2017 BMW M3  [8.50]
2013 BMW M3  [10.00]
Great write up and details. Beautiful car and IB slick top makes me drool. GLWS
Appreciate 1
      04-25-2019, 09:36 AM   #8
tdott
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: M3

Beauty! GLWS
Appreciate 1
      04-25-2019, 05:05 PM   #9
jordantastic
Private
United_States
Rep

As i answer questions from many interested individuals, ive found items/features i forgot and left out (my apologies!). So you may see it update from time to time. Thanks for everyones support!
Appreciate 0
      04-29-2019, 12:56 PM   #10
jordantastic
Private
United_States
Rep

Updated info.
Appreciate 0
      04-29-2019, 01:33 PM   #11
d_ginz
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: Previous-'05 e46 M3 interlagos

Are you open to shipping if buyer arranges? Iím in MD but this is extremely close to what Iím looking for. Thanks
Appreciate 1
      04-29-2019, 02:08 PM   #12
jordantastic
Private
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by d_ginz View Post
Are you open to shipping if buyer arranges? Iím in MD but this is extremely close to what Iím looking for. Thanks
Sure am! I will DM.
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2019, 11:41 AM   #13
ilia
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW

Garage List
2017 BMW M3  [0.00]
Hi OP,
Is this Igor's old car?
      04-30-2019, 01:16 PM   #14
Japresto91
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 E90 M3 ZCP 6SPD

PM sent
Appreciate 1
      04-30-2019, 02:58 PM   #15
SAMM3Y
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2008 m3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suspence View Post
Makes me miss mine

Goodluck with sale.
Buy it from the insurance company and collaborate with the goonzquad and have them resurrect it!

Bump it up for a fellow Sacramentonian.. glws
      04-30-2019, 04:13 PM   #16
jordantastic
Private
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilia View Post
Hi OP,
Is this Igor's old car?
Hello. Yes it is actually.
Appreciate 1
ilia378.00
      04-30-2019, 04:52 PM   #17
ilia
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW

Garage List
2017 BMW M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerrick23 View Post
Quote:
Hi OP,
Is this Igor's old car?
Hello. Yes it is actually.
I had a chance to drive it right before he sold it and it was nice and solid. I was going to purchase it, but went with a new f80 comp instead. My mind still wanders back to that test drive though... I love the car and color! Whoever buys this is one lucky fella. GLWS
      04-30-2019, 05:32 PM   #18
jordantastic
Private
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I had a chance to drive it right before he sold it and it was nice and solid. I was going to purchase it, but went with a new f80 comp instead. My mind still wanders back to that test drive though... I love the car and color! Whoever buys this is one lucky fella. GLWS
Wow thats awesome! Thanks so much for the testimonial too! There is a LOT of interest however many are deterred by its history. Not me. If you are confident and not afraid about addressing the few issues of this car then you will have yourself a solid and rare spec.

Its interesting as im getting a lot of F80 owners reaching out haha. I know its history isnt the best but who knows how long this chance may come your away. Find her a good home!
Appreciate 1
ilia378.00
      04-30-2019, 05:33 PM   #19
jordantastic
Private
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAMM3Y View Post
Buy it from the insurance company and collaborate with the goonzquad and have them resurrect it!

Bump it up for a fellow Sacramentonian.. glws
Thank you my dude! Wish we coulda met up to chill. BOO lol.
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2019, 05:52 PM   #20
jordantastic
Private
United_States
Rep

Updated price (lower). Im learning more and more about the market and what others are seeing and priced it accordingly. I didnt get much push back on my initial asking price which is why i felt it was ok at first. Thanks again everyone.
Appreciate 0
      05-02-2019, 05:35 PM   #21
jordantastic
Private
United_States
Rep

I love this community. The previous owner (forum member) reached out to me and provided me with the dealership paperwork for the engine replacement. Hope this solidifies things for many!
Appreciate 0
      05-02-2019, 10:51 PM   #22
cvstar9M3
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 MR e90ZCP 6-MT

What a car! GLSW!