BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Politics/Religion

Redline360

05-01-2018, 07:28 PM   #67
GrussGott
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M4

Garage List
2011 E93 M3  [0.00]
Cohen is cast out

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkoesel View Post
I thought the next M4 was going to be a flying car powered by bloomin' onions and a teaspoon of mayonnaise. At least that's what I read on the internet @ BimmerPoop.org.
Appreciate 1
Sea-Tac699.00

05-02-2018, 09:29 PM   #68
Sea-Tac
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2108 X3 xDrive30i

Garage List
Five will get you ten when this thing is finished he'll not only be disbarred, he will do a minimum of 6 years...maybe he can then drive one of his taxi's for a living. He is so fucked.
Appreciate 0
      05-02-2018, 09:32 PM   #69
3.0L
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: M235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sea-Tac View Post
Five will get you ten when this thing is finished he'll not only be disbarred, he will do a minimum of 6 years...maybe he can then drive one of his taxi's for a living. He is so fucked.
Are ex-cons allowed a drivers license? Not that that would bother him, I'm sure.

I thought getting old would take longer
Appreciate 0
      05-02-2018, 10:12 PM   #70
GrussGott
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2011 E93 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
If a lawyer's office is raided and his client records are seized, that's practically automatic disbarment (if that lawyer's only real client is the president THEN it's automatic)

If that lawyer then pleads the 5th in a CIVIL case because it'll incriminate him in a CRIMINAL case ... 6 years will make him the luckiest fucker ever.

At this point the only thing that saves him is flipping. The problem is, he's spent his whole life around the Russian mob and if he flips now he's a rat. He may be looking at some witness protection deals.

He's in deeeepppp shit

Quote:
I thought the next M4 was going to be a flying car powered by bloomin' onions and a teaspoon of mayonnaise. At least that's what I read on the internet @ BimmerPoop.org.
Appreciate 1
Sea-Tac699.00

05-02-2018, 10:45 PM   #71
GrussGott
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2011 E93 M3  [0.00]
It’s going to turn out to be perfectly legal; that money was not campaign money ... Sorry, I’m giving you a fact now that you don’t know,” Giuliani said

yeah, we didn't know it because it's a new lie

Quote:
Appreciate 1
Sea-Tac699.00

05-02-2018, 11:04 PM   #72
Sea-Tac
Captain
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrussGott View Post
If a lawyer's office is raided and his client records are seized, that's practically automatic disbarment (if that lawyer's only real client is the president THEN it's automatic)

If that lawyer then pleads the 5th in a CIVIL case because it'll incriminate him in a CRIMINAL case ... 6 years will make him the luckiest fucker ever.

At this point the only thing that saves him is flipping. The problem is, he's spent his whole life around the Russian mob and if he flips now he's a rat. He may be looking at some witness protection deals.

He's in deeeepppp shit
You're right.

If he takes the fifth he is only doing so to lessen self incrimination. If a lawyer's records are ever seized and ultimately was indicted for lets say criminal conspiracy with a client by a GJ the only thing one could do is take the fifth and hope like hell you don't add to the potential or mounting damage that precipitated the indictment.

Justice is not only holding a scale but tucked in her robe is a mighty sword that cuts deep and cuts both ways.

Good thread.

Last edited by Sea-Tac; 05-03-2018 at 02:19 AM.
Appreciate 1
GrussGott6956.50

05-03-2018, 05:17 AM   #73
wdb
dances with roads
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 Z4MC, 2007 3.0si Cpe 6spd

Quote:
ďItís going to turn out to be perfectly legal; that money was not campaign money ... Sorry, Iím giving you a fact now that you donít know,Ē Giuliani said

yeah, we didn't know it because it's a new lie
Probably not a lie. Probably more of a tactical move. Admit to a lie (Trump knew about the hush money, so he lied about not knowing) to avoid larger problems. It could also indicate that not everyone surrounding the Buffoon In Chief is stupid; if it turns out that Trump personal funds really did repay Cohen, then somebody on the team has a brain in their head. "Do whatever you want during the campaign to ensure victory, then cover it with Trump money if you win". Not a bad plan.

Drain that swamp Mister President.
Appreciate 2
GrussGott6956.50

05-03-2018, 10:04 AM   #74
MrRoboto
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: VO 1M

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdb View Post
Probably not a lie. Probably more of a tactical move. Admit to a lie (Trump knew about the hush money, so he lied about not knowing) to avoid larger problems. It could also indicate that not everyone surrounding the Buffoon In Chief is stupid; if it turns out that Trump personal funds really did repay Cohen, then somebody on the team has a brain in their head. "Do whatever you want during the campaign to ensure victory, then cover it with Trump money if you win". Not a bad plan.

Drain that swamp Mister President.
Wow. That's quite the opinion. It's the same playbook Trump has had since day one..lie about it, then when the lie is found out to be true, call it fake news. You are missing the point on the hush money..who cares where it came from. If Trump has that little respect for his wife to engage in these activities, he has zero respect for the American public. It all a game to him.

Saying that he should do whatever it takes to win...I guess we can agree on that because he did...hence the current investigation.

In case you hadn't noticed, the swamp is being drained of Trump appointees.

Last edited by MrRoboto; 05-03-2018 at 10:12 AM.
Appreciate 1
      05-03-2018, 11:56 AM   #75
Sea-Tac
Captain
United_States
Rep

Garage List
We learn in law school to build a case from the ground up and save your target for the very last. You build your case with facts, evidence, even circumstantial evidence which can be seriously damaging. You collect witnesses, documents, notes, records and sort through all the dirty underwear you can dig up. Brick by brick you build the foundation. Once all that ground work is reasonably settled you triage everything you collect, keep this, toss that, put this in the "maybe" file. Build and cull, build and cull, chop, stitch and sew, connect the dots, etc

Have you noticed the defense ramping up, firing this attorney, hiring that one, the tweet storm, the denials, now even some admissions of lies. Notice also the loyalists, and even the Fox and friends "journalists" all circling their wagons.

I think we are seeing the movement toward the target. Zeroing in. Adjusting the crosshair. Does that mean the end of the investigation is at hand. I think, yes.

Soon the clock will strike midnight.

Last edited by Sea-Tac; 05-03-2018 at 12:06 PM.
Appreciate 3
minn193089.00
Sassicaia2015.00

05-03-2018, 12:11 PM   #76
minn19
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 17 GT350, 16 F150, 16 428 GC

Quote:
We learn in law school to build a case from the ground up and save your target for the very last. You build your case with facts, evidence, even circumstantial evidence which can be seriously damaging. You collect witnesses, documents, notes, records and sort through all the dirty underwear you can dig up. Brick by brick you build the foundation. Once all that ground work is reasonably settled you triage everything you collect, keep this, toss that, put this in the "maybe" file. Build and cull, build and cull, chop, stitch and sew, connect the dots, etc

Have you noticed the defense ramping up, firing this attorney, hiring that one, the tweet storm, the denials, now even some admissions of lies. Notice also the loyalists, and even the Fox and friends "journalists" all circling their wagons.

I think we are seeing the movement toward the target. Zeroing in. Adjusting the crosshair. Does that mean the end of the investigation is at hand. I think, yes.

Soon the clock will strike midnight.
Mueller is obviously not an idiot and knows time is running out so I'm sure he has contingencies if/when the hammer comes down on the investigation.
Appreciate 1
Sea-Tac699.00

05-03-2018, 12:12 PM   #77
Sea-Tac
Captain
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3.0L View Post
Are ex-cons allowed a drivers license? Not that that would bother him, I'm sure.
Sure, Ex-cons can have driver's licenses unless it was stipulated to the contrary in a court order or by some other prohibition in state DMV laws...
Appreciate 0
      05-03-2018, 12:19 PM   #78
Sea-Tac
Captain
United_States
Rep

Garage List
[quote=GrussGott;23140694]“It’s going to turn out to be perfectly legal; that money was not campaign money ... Sorry, I’m giving you a fact now that you don’t know,” Giuliani said

Don't underestimate Rudy. As much as I dislike him he was a formidable prosecutor. He knows his stuff. You punch this guy hard and he comes back at you.
Appreciate 0
      05-03-2018, 12:22 PM   #79
minn19
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

[quote=Sea-Tac;23142868]
Quote:
ďItís going to turn out to be perfectly legal; that money was not campaign money ... Sorry, Iím giving you a fact now that you donít know,Ē Giuliani said

Don't underestimate Rudy. As much as I dislike him he was a formidable prosecutor. He knows his stuff. You punch this guy hard and he comes back at you.
I used to respect that guy so much. He finally got into this administration which was what he obviously wanted for quite awhile now. Another good man that decided to sell his soul for Trump for who knows why.
Appreciate 0
      05-03-2018, 12:33 PM   #80
GrussGott
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2011 E93 M3  [0.00]
[quote=minn19;23142889]
Quote:

I used to respect that guy so much. He finally got into this administration which was what he obviously wanted for quite awhile now. Another good man that decided to sell his soul for Trump for who knows why.
For someone like Rudy it's because he used to be the shit:

motorcades with flashing lights, security teams, a World that revolved around him. He walks into anywhere behind a team of 20 and everything and everybody moves for him. He can get a callback in 5 minutes from anyone in the World. He pays for nothing and gets everything.

Nowadays he's just a random run-of-the-mill son of a bitch. People say hi, and maybe they'll give up a table at Starbucks, but maybe not.

Rudy wants his power back and a toke off that crackpipe is worth selling his soul, his self-respect, and his legacy for.

Rudy will be remembered as a once-great man who failed the call of history and fell into corruption.

Quote:
Appreciate 1
minn193089.00

05-03-2018, 12:40 PM   #81
minn19
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

[quote=GrussGott;23142954]
Quote:
Originally Posted by minn19 View Post

For someone like Rudy it's because he used to be the shit:

motorcades with flashing lights, security teams, a World that revolved around him. He walks into anywhere behind a team of 20 and everything and everybody moves for him. He can get a callback in 5 minutes from anyone in the World. He pays for nothing and gets everything.

Nowadays he's just a random run-of-the-mill son of a bitch. People say hi, and maybe they'll give up a table at Starbucks, but maybe not.

Rudy wants his power back and a toke off that crackpipe is worth selling his soul, his self-respect, and his legacy for.

Rudy will be remembered as a once-great man who failed the call of history and fell into corruption.
Good answer.........
Appreciate 0
      05-03-2018, 12:55 PM   #82
GrussGott
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2011 E93 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Quote:
It’s going to turn out to be perfectly legal; that money was not campaign money ... Sorry, I’m giving you a fact now that you don’t know,” Giuliani said
I'm going to underestimate him. I think he was a good prosecutor in the 80s and his time is loooooonnnnnngggg past.

Oh. BTWs, Kellyanne's hubby is diving in doubting Rudy:

Quote:
Appreciate 1
Sea-Tac699.00

05-03-2018, 12:56 PM   #83
Sea-Tac
Captain
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by minn19 View Post
Mueller is obviously not an idiot and knows time is running out so I'm sure he has contingencies if/when the hammer comes down on the investigation.
I think you hit it on the head. He has to have contingencies built into his process. That's just good practice.

Mueller has his ear to the ground. He has "inside" info with the DOJ, the FBI, maybe even an inside snitch or two. He's not going to just let this thing go away if his investigation is thwarted for whatever reason.

So much shit has already hit the fan, I'm sure there are buckets full to come one way or another.

As my mother used to say...there's more than one way to skin a cat...
Appreciate 1
minn193089.00

05-03-2018, 01:02 PM   #84
GrussGott
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2011 E93 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
I think you hit it on the head. He has to have contingencies built into his process.
i would say the "contingencies" are already built in:

(1.) The Senate rehires him.

(2.) The Senate hires someone else.

(3.) The district AGs take over.

(4.) The states take over.

(5.) The Nov congress takes it over.

Trump is fucked - just the public record has him, his family, and his associates guilty and Mueller has access to all the flip testimony, subpoenas, and Cohen docs. It's why Rosenstein is saying, "do it man, come at me, try it and see what happens"

It's why the House and Trump are freaking out. There's no way they can stop it so they're panicking.

and firing Rosenstein and Mueller will just exponentially increase the problem, adding new evidence and new charges.

Quote:
Appreciate 2
minn193089.00
Sea-Tac699.00

05-03-2018, 01:05 PM   #85
Lups
Rep
Drives: I don't own a car.

I do believe this is the moment of an oh shit.
Appreciate 2
Sea-Tac699.00
minn193089.00

05-03-2018, 01:08 PM   #86
Sea-Tac
Captain
United_States
Rep

Garage List
[quote=GrussGott;23143051]I'm going to underestimate him. I think he was a good prosecutor in the 80s and his time is loooooonnnnnngggg past.

Totally agree. Whether he remains competent in the courtroom remains to be seen. He is long in the tooth, literally and figuratively. Again, I don't care for the guy, but he has an impressive record.

I do think this is Rudy's Last Hurrah. Maybe that could benefit the Cheeto...time will tell.

ps...Kelly Ann Conway's husband is part of the side show. Everyone has an opinion and a Twitter Account.
Appreciate 0
      05-03-2018, 01:10 PM   #87
Sea-Tac
Captain
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lups View Post
I do believe this is the moment of an oh shit.
A big OH SHIT! moment...BIG.
Appreciate 1
Lups10095.50

05-03-2018, 01:14 PM   #88
Lups
Rep
Drives: I don't own a car.

Quote:
A big OH SHIT! moment...BIG.
Can an oh shit moment be big? If it's fire nearing a hole already, does the size matter anymore?

If it does, having a tap for weeks before a search warrant is handed over seems to be a very shitty shit, habanera chili scale. A flying shit.
Appreciate 0