BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Politics/Religion

04-19-2018, 09:10 AM   #45
hooligan_clt
Space Shuttle Door Gunner
Rep
Drives: '15 X1 35i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M4ster Yoda View Post
What people fail to realize is that NOBODY likes trump but they do like some of the policies that he ran on. Hence why he was elected.

Hillary Clinton was a horrible candidate period.

The guys a Douche but people were/are sick of the direction that the country was headed. Sure we could debate if this is a better route. Time will tell.

It is sad that people want our president to fail. That hurts us all.

I'm watching the news as I write this and it looks like we are going to meet with North Korea. Not bad.

Maybe, maybe not. That all depends on IF it happens and what we gain from it if it does.

It wasn't Kim Jong Un's choice in the past to not meet, it was ours. Meeting with NK gives them exactly what they are clamoring for - international standing/prestige.

You could certainly argue that a meet like this was a foregone conclusion and only a matter of time, the time it took NK to develop their nuclear missile program.
Appreciate 1
minn193067.50

04-19-2018, 09:17 AM   #46
///M4ster Yoda
Colonel
Rep
Drives: '16 F82 M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan_clt View Post
Quote:
What people fail to realize is that NOBODY likes trump but they do like some of the policies that he ran on. Hence why he was elected.

Hillary Clinton was a horrible candidate period.

The guys a Douche but people were/are sick of the direction that the country was headed. Sure we could debate if this is a better route. Time will tell.

I'm watching the news as I write this and it looks like we are going to meet with North Korea. Not bad.

Maybe, maybe not. That all depends on IF it happens and what we gain from it if it does.

It wasn't Kim Jong Un's choice in the past to not meet, it was ours. Meeting with NK gives them exactly what they are clamoring for - international standing/prestige.

You could certainly argue that a meet like this was a foregone conclusion and only a matter of time, the time it took NK to develop their nuclear missile program.
Agreed. And this does give Kim the recognition from the international community that he desires. My point was not all is lost and maybe some good will come out of the Trump presidency. Half the population hoping that he fails is terrible and obviously not very productive.

Is the guy his own worst enemy. For sure. Should he stop tweeting like a 12 year old girl. YES. Will he. NO. That's what got him elected.
'16 340 (Wifey) July/August '16 ED
'16 M4 (Mine) July/August '16 ED
Appreciate 1
      04-19-2018, 09:32 AM   #47
GrussGott
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M4

Garage List
2011 E93 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
I don't think it's that people want him to fail, I think it's that he *is* failing and so people want him gone.

Keeping this thread on topic, an example would be calling executing the search warrants against his Michael Cohen as "disgraceful".

THAT'S DISGRACEFUL! That's a fail. That's a man who wants to be King - literally the exact opposite of what's written in the US Constitution.

Not only was this the US justice process doing it's job as defined by Article III in the US Constitution, but it was executed by HIS OWN TEAM AND APPOINTEES: The Director of the FBI and the AG of the Southern District of NY. Further it was signed off after strict judicial review.

so I don't think it's that people want him to fail, it's that he's already failed and people want to get rid of the failure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkoesel View Post
I thought the next M4 was going to be a flying car powered by bloomin' onions and a teaspoon of mayonnaise. At least that's what I read on the internet @ BimmerPoop.org.
Appreciate 1
minn193067.50

04-19-2018, 09:45 AM   #48
tracer bullet
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: '11 135i , '15 X3 35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrussGott View Post
I don't think it's that people want him to fail, I think it's that he *is* failing and so people want him gone.
This is what I see as well. But of course unlike some things that can be called true or false, this is just my opinion.
Appreciate 1
minn193067.50

04-19-2018, 01:26 PM   #49
MKSixer
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW i8, E63 M6, 328d

Garage List
2016 M4 GTS (Allotted)  [0.00]
2013 BMW 328d  [0.00]
2007 BMW M6  [5.00]
2015 BMW i8  [5.00]
Quote:
From conservation media rag, the LA Times:
Despite finding 110 instances of emails sent or received on Clinton's server containing classified information, the FBI does not recommend prosecution saying that "no prosecutor would bring such a case."
This might be the case because the AG would have to prove intent blah blah blah - that said,

The earth temporarily spun off its axis. I hope no one was injured.

@[Nyet. Not Russian Hacker](contact:368080)
Ask me hacker question. Hacker question I get answer.
Appreciate 3
SakhirM46869.50
GrussGott6954.50
minn193067.50

04-19-2018, 03:58 PM   #50
///M4ster Yoda
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

Keeping this thread on topic, an example would be calling executing the search warrants against his Michael Cohen as "disgraceful".

THAT'S DISGRACEFUL! That's a fail. That's a man who wants to be King - literally the exact opposite of what's written in the US Constitution.

Not only was this the US justice process doing it's job as defined by Article III in the US Constitution, but it was executed by HIS OWN TEAM AND APPOINTEES: The Director of the FBI and the AG of the Southern District of NY. Further it was signed off after strict judicial review.

so I don't think it's that people want him to fail, it's that he's already failed and people want to get rid of the failure.
It's all perspective Gruss. Life is really all about perspective.

You see him as a failure and from your perspective he is. I can't deny some of the fails that you point out.

Others see him as a success. Low unemployment, stock market doing well, people getting extra "crumbs" from their employers, Hillary Clinton NOT being our leader, etc etc.....

My perspective is that all politicians are scum and at the end out the day are really only out for themselves.

If the Demo's were smart they would stop with a lot of the nonsense and get back to the issues that AMERICANS (see what I did there) care about.
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2018, 04:28 PM   #51
GrussGott
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2011 E93 M3  [0.00]
Quote:

You see him as a failure and from your perspective he is.
Well, from an American perspective he is.

The US Constitution lays out our 3 branch government, the Justice process, etc, as well as specifically saying we have no King and we do things this way to prevent tyranny.

When the head of the US government openly, consistently, and publicly disparages, undermines, and insults that process, and its operations, he's insulting the US Constitution and every soldier that fought and/or died protecting our way of life, not to mention every American who supports it. When he undermines Mueller, or calls the FBI disgraceful, that's undermining the US Justice process, and that's advocating tyranny.

So if you believe in the US Constitution, if that's your perspective, then Trump is a failure.

And that's my perspective, thus Trump is an active, on-going American failure.

Quote:
I thought the next M4 was going to be a flying car powered by bloomin' onions and a teaspoon of mayonnaise. At least that's what I read on the internet @ BimmerPoop.org.

Last edited by GrussGott; 04-19-2018 at 08:52 PM.
Appreciate 4
imserious318.00
minn193067.50
vtown30.50

04-20-2018, 05:26 PM   #52
cjb762
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2013 135is, MG 6MT

Quote:

You see him as a failure and from your perspective he is. I can't deny some of the fails that you point out.

Others see him as a success. Low unemployment, stock market doing well, people getting extra "crumbs" from their employers, Hillary Clinton NOT being our leader, etc etc.....

My perspective is that all politicians are scum and at the end out the day are really only out for themselves.

If the Demo's were smart they would stop with a lot of the nonsense and get back to the issues that AMERICANS (see what I did there) care about.
Just out of curiosity here - not trying to start a fight - but how much of those "successes" do you think Trump actually deserves credit for?

I personally identify as independent, but I ask because a lot of message board conservatives refuse to give Obama credit for improvements in the disaster of an economy that he took over from Bush (and likewise, refuse to lay any blame at Bush's feet for the economic downturn during his watch). The argument I have most often seen is that the President really doesn't have much impact on the economy...

100% concur on your sentiment re: politicians, by the way.
Appreciate 3
      04-23-2018, 08:59 AM   #53
///M4ster Yoda
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjb762 View Post
Quote:

Just out of curiosity here - not trying to start a fight - but how much of those "successes" do you think Trump actually deserves credit for?

I personally identify as independent, but I ask because a lot of message board conservatives refuse to give Obama credit for improvements in the disaster of an economy that he took over from Bush (and likewise, refuse to lay any blame at Bush's feet for the economic downturn during his watch). The argument I have most often seen is that the President really doesn't have much impact on the economy...

100% concur on your sentiment re: politicians, by the way.
I see A LOT of Hysterics and drama happening on the left.

There are obviously a lot of factors at play with a country's economy.

I personally would give Trump full credit as far as the stock market is concerned. Pro Business and less regulatory administrations will do that.
Appreciate 2
GrussGott6954.50
cjb762116.00

04-23-2018, 09:05 AM   #54
minn19
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 17 GT350, 16 F150, 16 428 GC

Quote:

I personally would give Trump full credit as far as the stock market is concerned. Pro Business and less regulatory administrations will do that.
It was also rising nicely under OBama. Especially if you consider where it started after he took office during the worst of the Great Recession.
Appreciate 0
      04-23-2018, 09:10 AM   #55
///M4ster Yoda
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by minn19 View Post
Quote:

It was also rising nicely under OBama. Especially if you consider where it started after he took office during the worst of the Great Recession.
It took off under Trump.

I could be mistaken but didn't the US have the worst (lowest) GDP growth of any president under Obama?
Appreciate 0
      04-23-2018, 09:26 AM   #56
minn19
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 17 GT350, 16 F150, 16 428 GC

Quote:
It took off under Trump.

I could be mistaken but didn't the US have the worst (lowest) GDP growth of any president under Obama?
I donít know about the second part, but Iíd have to look at the timing of the stock market, but I know it was rising nicely.
Appreciate 0
      04-23-2018, 09:27 AM   #57
Mr Carrots
Major
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
It took off under Trump.

GDP is a poor metric imo, as over a third of it is calculated from government spending, but it was indeed weak during the Great Leaders reign - despite the transfer of trillions from the taxpayers to the 1%

http://www.cnbc.com/2016/06/13/12-tr...-for-this.html
Appreciate 0
      04-23-2018, 09:34 AM   #58
///M4ster Yoda
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Carrots View Post
Quote:
It took off under Trump.

GDP is a poor metric imo, as over a third of it is calculated from government spending, but it was indeed weak during the Great Leaders reign - despite the transfer of trillions from the taxpayers to the 1%

http://www.cnbc.com/2016/06/13/12-tr...-for-this.html
Ha. The great leader. Don't you mean the community organizer

Now we have the failed businessman.

Fuck we are screwed. Now I'm getting Hysterical
Appreciate 2
      04-24-2018, 10:08 PM   #59
GrussGott
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2011 E93 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Ha. The great leader. Don't you mean the community organizer

Now we have the failed businessman.

Fuck we are screwed. Now I'm getting Hysterical
Overall I think the President and economy are largely not tied, but lately they seem to be more and more ...

* Regan lit a match with deregulation and tax reform - he did some dumb stuff too, but Carter wallowed and Regan acted, so I think he gets credit there.

* Clinton get an honorable AND dishonorable mention - he put us on track to pay off the debt, but it wasn't him as much as congress and maybe his instinct to bang whores rather than get in the way of a good thing* (but a BIIIIGGG asterisk, more on that ...)

* W - you can't blame him for the recession because no sane president would've done anything different (much) than he did. It was clinton and phill gramm who signed the CFMA and deregulated banking which pumped the economy and prepped it for the crash during Bush's term. If you're going to blame a president for 2007 it was 100% Clinton.

* Obama gets an early atta boy for guiding us out of the Great Recession, but beyond that he was a zero and a bit more Clinton-like in that he didn't get in the way.

* Trump gets a solid mention for regulatory certainty and delivering the tax bill even though it's a giant piece of shit (like Clinton's CFMA) - it's boosted the economy in the short term and that's all Trump - long term, Trump's deregulation and deficit spending may have the same effect as Clinton: great recession

Quote:
Appreciate 5
      04-24-2018, 10:35 PM   #60
irishbimmer
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW M5 CP

So trumps election committee or whatever they were never met with any Russians or tried to seek graft for their influence?
I guess we'll see.
I don't believe anyone of us, no matter how opposed for whatever reason, truly wants our president to fail.
However, the investigation must go on, and if it is determined that there is "nothing there", great. But if there is, we deserve to know.
Appreciate 0
      04-26-2018, 12:13 PM   #61
GrussGott
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2011 E93 M3  [0.00]
What's so odd here is this:

(1.) Cohen is taking the 5th in the civil case (Stormy) BECAUSE of the criminal case in New York

(2.) Yet we don't know what that New York criminal case is about other than there was an executed search warrant - the assumption is a campaign finance violation

(3.) AG Sessions said yesterday in testimony he WOULDN'T recuse himself from the Cohen case UNLESS there are allegations that relate to the 2016 election, then he WOULD recuse himself.

But WAIT ... that doesn't make sense .... the assumption has been the criminal case was about campaign finance violations (the Stormy $130k was an in-kind campaign contribution) so why would AG Sessions recuse himself from that?

Unless ...

The Cohen criminal case includes (or is only about!) Russian collusion.

Quote:
Appreciate 1
minn193067.50

04-26-2018, 01:47 PM   #62
wdb
dances with roads
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 Z4MC, 2007 3.0si Cpe 6spd

Left hand right hand. Nothing new. Besides which Sessions is senile.
Appreciate 0
      04-26-2018, 06:47 PM   #63
GrussGott
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2011 E93 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by wdb View Post
Left hand right hand. Nothing new. Besides which Sessions is senile.
You don't think Sessions is aware of why his subordinates approved the raiding of his boss's personal attorney??

Quote:
Appreciate 1
Sea-Tac676.00

04-29-2018, 02:14 PM   #64
GrussGott
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2011 E93 M3  [0.00]
What's interesting is how close Cohen has been to Russians:

> His wife is Ukrainian
> His brother is married to a Ukrainian
> His (former?) business partner in the taxi business is Russian (Simon Garber with taxis in NY, Chicago, & Moscow)
> Many of his associates were investigated by the FBI as part of Operation BORIS - Big Organized Russian Insurance Scam, which resulted in 100s of convictions
> He and his in-laws are big investors in Trump Tower, which is where Cohen may have met Trump in 2007ish

In any event, Cohen and Trump seemed to align over Russian business dealings. At a Trump Tower press conference in early 2011, Cohen introduced Trump and Georgian President, Mikhail Saakashvili, saying:
"Seven months ago, at the request of a dear friend of mine from Georgia, Giorgi Rtskhiladze, I traveled to the Republic of Georgia to explore several real estate opportunities on behalf of Mr. Trump"
Of course now we know the The Manhattan US attorney's office is investigating Cohen for possible wire fraud, bank fraud, and campaign finance violations related to two payments made to women possibly as ordered by Trump.

Anyway, here's Cohen's business partner's commercial - I'm pretty sure that's not a Chicago accent:

Quote:

Last edited by GrussGott; 04-29-2018 at 02:19 PM.
Appreciate 0
      04-29-2018, 09:50 PM   #65
GrussGott
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2011 E93 M3  [0.00]
Welp, Trump's "news"paper has turned on Cohen

Quote:
Appreciate 2
Sea-Tac676.00

04-30-2018, 12:01 PM   #66
wdb
dances with roads
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 Z4MC, 2007 3.0si Cpe 6spd

Poor Bruce.
Appreciate 2
minn193067.50
3.0L899.00