BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > New and Preowned M3 Pricing, Ordering, Tracking / European Delivery / Dealer Reviews

EXXEL Distributions

10-05-2015, 11:22 AM   #1
Meccos
Private
Rep
Drives: 2011 E90

Price help with 2011 E90

DCT
around 50K miles
Convenience/premium package
upgrade sound system
new brakes/rotors
tires decent
no major body damage

What would be a decent price range for a car like this?

Last edited by Meccos; 10-05-2015 at 01:01 PM..
Appreciate 0
      10-05-2015, 01:56 PM   #2
JDM_CL9
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: ///M3

Garage List
2009 BMW E93 M3  [0.00]
I paid around $35K USD back in June for mine with similar options, miles, with clean title no accidents. Make sure it has good service history and if you can prove that there was no "major body damage".

Clean title?

Check this thread out and see if you're in line.

http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthr...366319&page=88

EDIT: sorry - realized you're probably trying to sell yours. Do you have proof of service history?
      10-05-2015, 08:43 PM   #3
Meccos
Private
Rep
Drives: 2011 E90

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDM_CL9 View Post
I paid around $35K USD back in June for mine with similar options, miles, with clean title no accidents. Make sure it has good service history and if you can prove that there was no "major body damage".

Clean title?

Check this thread out and see if you're in line.

http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthr...366319&page=88

EDIT: sorry - realized you're probably trying to sell yours. Do you have proof of service history?
Thanks,

Yeah Im thinking about selling my car. Im the first and only owner so I can provide any history on the car... I have all my service records in a file somewhere.
Car has clean title, garaged at home and work. Always serviced at dealership. Oil changes every 6500-7500 miles. two weeks ago had all four brakes and rotors replaced, AC serviced, engine oil changed, steering wheel replaced, trunk hatch replaced, rubber seals around car replaced, windshield wipers replaced. Had undercarriage felt replaced recently also. Tires are fairly new as they were all replaced about 8-10K miles ago. No tracking, no aftermarket products ever. Car still under warranty until Nov. One of the last e90's produced.

Only body issue is a two very small paint chips on side, small rock crack on windshield. No dents or dings.

Any suggestions on where to post car for sale?
Appreciate 0
      10-06-2015, 03:55 PM   #4
Gbiz
Fo Shizzle
Rep
Drives: .

I'd say somewhere around $45k and be willing to take $42-$43k for best offer. Good luck!
Appreciate 0
      10-06-2015, 06:36 PM   #5
gimmethemuumuu
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: '17 F80 M3, SO/Bk

I think $45K is too high, given the miles. I would suggest expecting to be in the high $30K's or low $40K's. GLWS!
Appreciate 0
      10-08-2015, 03:25 PM   #6
Rat3d ///M
997.1TT
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 Porsche 911 Turbo

FWIW, I say $40k-$42k. $38k if you want a quick sale. $35k if you want to give it away tomorrow. I wouldn't go below $40k. That's just me though.

I always love these threads when someone chimes in with "I paid [insert ridiculously low amount] for the same year and mileage 2 weeks ago, so yours must be worth [insert tremendous undervalued amount]." What you paid for a car is all fine and well, but there is more to pricing a car than what Joe Schmoe on the internet paid for a similar car. Things like location, mileage, service history, warranty, mods (or lack of), number of owners, year and options all play a factor in what a car is worth. Just because you were lucky enough to find someone who seriously undervalued their car or needed the money doesn't mean every other similar car should sell for the same price as you paid. If that was the case, our cars would be worth peanuts by this time next year.

At the end of the day, value is subjective, and a car is only worth what someone will pay for it. Don't undervalue your car based on a great deal someone else claims to have gotten. If you and the buyer are happy with the price, that is all that matters.

[/soapbox]
Follow me on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/rat3d_m/
Appreciate 1
      10-08-2015, 03:38 PM   #7
loveskiing
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 M3 E90

Quote:
Originally Posted by ||||||||||
FWIW, I say $40k-$42k. $38k if you want a quick sale. $35k if you want to give it away tomorrow. I wouldn't go below $40k. That's just me though.

I always love these threads when someone chimes in with "I paid [insert ridiculously low amount] for the same year and mileage 2 weeks ago, so yours must be worth [insert tremendous undervalued amount]." What you paid for a car is all fine and well, but there is more to pricing a car than what Joe Schmoe on the internet paid for a similar car. Things like location, mileage, service history, warranty, mods (or lack of), number of owners, year and options all play a factor in what a car is worth. Just because you were lucky enough to find someone who seriously undervalued their car or needed the money doesn't mean every other similar car should sell for the same price as you paid. If that was the case, our cars would be worth peanuts by this time next year.

At the end of the day, value is subjective, and a car is only worth what someone will pay for it. Don't undervalue your car based on a great deal someone else claims to have gotten. If you and the buyer are happy with the price, that is all that matters.

[/soapbox]
+ 1
And thank you for saying what needed to be said!
Appreciate 0