BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > New and Preowned M3 Pricing, Ordering, Tracking / European Delivery / Dealer Reviews

EXXEL Distributions

03-10-2009, 09:27 PM   #1
Khurram
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2012 Panamera 4

Will I get charged for changing the oem 18's to 19's?

The lease I am in the process of taking over is for an 08m3 vert but it has the 18's. I want to purchase the 19's from bmw and change them.

When I return the car would I be charged a fee even though I am returning it with oem rims (although they are 19's)

I would just remove the 18's and store them for three years but i'd rather sell them off and use the money towards the purchase of the 19's.

Would bmw charge me the same 1200 for the set as they do on the build your car option on their website?
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2009, 09:43 PM   #2
Mr Tonka
is probably out riding.
United_States
Rep
Drives: Something Italian

Yes. The cost of the wheels and tires. So hold on to the 18's and swap them out at the end of the lease. I just turned in my 06 M3 lease which was modded heavily. I just put everything back to stock and was good to go, they just charged me $100 for a scratch on the passenger door.

I can't tell you what they will charge you for the wheels, but they'll charge you $250 per tire. My assumption is that what ever the cost of those wheels from BMW is what they'll charge you. Or at least 80% of the new cost.
      03-10-2009, 09:44 PM   #3
labelexec
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2009 Matte Black RSSport M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by MP0WER View Post
Yes. The cost of the wheels and tires. So hold on to the 18's and swap them out at the end of the lease. I just turned in my 06 M3 lease which was modded heavily. I just put everything back to stock and was good to go, they just charged me $100 for a scratch on the passenger door.

I can't tell you what they will charge you for the wheels, but they'll charge you $250 per tire. My assumption is that what ever the cost of those wheels from BMW is what they'll charge you. Or at least 80% of the new cost.
wow your dealer sucks. I returned my 750il couple of years back and I had a flat and 2 huge dents on the car and they didn't charge me anything. Plus all 4 tires were bald
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2009, 09:45 PM   #4
Kev
Critical Care Anesthesiologist
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: SMB F83

Garage List
Quote:

They won't charge you if you return the car with a set of OEM Style 220M wheels in 19". Your lease agreement states that you have to return the car with the original OEM wheels or any OEM wheels that BMW offer as an upgrade for your car. So, the 220M is fine.
      03-10-2009, 09:55 PM   #5
Mr Tonka
is probably out riding.
United_States
Rep

Hmm, i tried to turn mine in with 19" ZCPs on it and they were going to charge me. They lead me to believe that the deciding factor was size. Since the car was built with 18" that's what they wanted when it was turned in.

That said, this info is coming from the company that does the inspection before turning it in. I didn't read through the lease agreement to argue because i had the stock 18" in the garage.

So take Kev's advice and read the lease agreement.
      03-10-2009, 09:57 PM   #6
Mr Tonka
is probably out riding.
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by labelexec View Post
wow your dealer sucks. I returned my 750il couple of years back and I had a flat and 2 huge dents on the car and they didn't charge me anything. Plus all 4 tires were bald
I didn't lease it from the dealer. it could be because of your beaten 750il that BMW financial now utilizes a third party to inspect the vehicle from an unbiased point of view. I can see the sales person or dealer over looking a few things to get another sale.
      03-10-2009, 09:58 PM   #7
Kev
Critical Care Anesthesiologist
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: SMB F83

Garage List
Quote:
Hmm, i tried to turn mine in with 19" ZCPs on it and they were going to charge me. They lead me to believe that the deciding factor was size. Since the car was built with 18" that's what they wanted when it was turned in.

That said, this info is coming from the company that does the inspection before turning it in. I didn't read through the lease agreement to argue because i had the stock 18" in the garage.

So take Kev's advice and read the lease agreement.
From what I understand when I returned my 335xi sedan is that it is ok to return it with a set of stock style 189 or 162 (both 18"), and they won't charge me as long as they have the minimal required tread depth on the tires.. The OEM wheels were Style 161 (17") on that car.
      03-10-2009, 10:03 PM   #8
Mr Tonka
is probably out riding.
United_States
Rep

Well, you're sending the op in the right direction, cause neither of us are going to sign his lease agreement.
      03-10-2009, 10:12 PM   #9
Khurram
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2012 Panamera 4

Well thanks guys for the info..so i'm probably just as confused as when we began

I guess i'll just read over the lease agreement and talk to bmw. Hopefully I won't get charged if I swap out to the oem 19's..i'll let you know what I find out but in the meantime if anyone else has any input I would appreciate it.
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2009, 10:18 PM   #10
montreal red
chris
Canada
Rep
Drives: White Boat

dont worry you wont be charged anything as long as you return your lease with oem wheels... but i suggest you keep your stock 18s and sell your 19s later since you can get more money for it by selling it aftermarket.

Current: 2013 F10 M5 & 2016 Mini JCW
2013 GLK350 (gone), 997.1 GT3RS (gone), 2009 WRX STI (gone), e92 M3 (gone)
Appreciate 0