BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > Regional Forums > USA - Southeast

BPM

01-17-2018, 08:26 PM   #1
Mcouple
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 and X3 M40i

Atlanta Repair Shop Recommendation?

My 2013 M3 has recently gone out of its BMW covered maintenance. Can anyone recommend a reputable Indy shop in the Atlanta, Georgia area for regular maintenance and service?

It's nerve racking and kind of scary trying to find a reputable shop that knows M cars and is honest.

I have read older posts from several years ago on this forum recommending Solo Motorsports and Technica. Can anyone vouch for these?

Thank you
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2018, 08:33 PM   #2
jonshmoe
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 - Jerez / 6MT

Markert Motor Works is is a really good shop in the Lawrenceville area. Very knowledgeable team of enthusiast!

https://www.markertmotorworks.com/
Appreciate 2
      01-18-2018, 06:21 AM   #3
dmk08
Gone Fishin’
United_States
Rep
Drives: Walks

I would go to Bimmers service Roswell or Technica. I wouldnt personally go to Solo or Markert. Too many stories out there.

Bimmers has the best deal on oil changes ive found by far.
Appreciate 1
Mcouple18.00
      01-18-2018, 06:37 AM   #4
Mcouple
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonshmoe View Post
Markert Motor Works is is a really good shop in the Lawrenceville area. Very knowledgeable team of enthusiast!

Quote:

I spoke with Rob, very knowledgeable about M cars. I did have them price some basic services like oil change, filter replacements, brake fluid flush and they were at least $30-50 higher than Solo motor or Technicka on each service. On a battery replacement they were $100 more than both. Do you think their pricing is fair?
Appreciate 1
      01-18-2018, 06:56 AM   #5
warp10
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2011 M3 Jet Black:ZCP, ZCV, ZP

Garage List
2011 M3  [10.00]
2011 28i X3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mcouple View Post
Quote:

Quote:

I spoke with Rob, very knowledgeable about M cars. I did have them price some basic services like oil change, filter replacements, brake fluid flush and they were at least $30-50 higher than Solo motor or Technicka on each service. On a battery replacement they were $100 more than both. Do you think their pricing is fair?
Been using Rob and Dave at Markert for a while on my street cars. They do tend to be slightly higher but the service is top notch and they are quick.
      01-18-2018, 07:14 AM   #6
dmk08
Gone Fishin’
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Nope and one of the big reasons I dont consider them. Plenty of good shops that dont overcharge.

Alex Auto is another good shop in Roswell if youre only looking for maintenance. Owner is a great guy and owns a SC e39 M5 himself.
Appreciate 1
Mcouple18.00
      01-18-2018, 08:06 AM   #7
spazzyfry123
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Here and There

Garage List
Quote:

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by warp10 View Post
Been using Rob and Dave at Markert for a while on my street cars. They do tend to be slightly higher but the service is top notch and they are quick.
Yup. Good team over there. They are slightly higher in price on some things, but as mentioned they know what they're doing and big enthusiasts. I always deal with Jordon and get quick, knowledgeable answers. My car is there for a rod bearing change among other things right now in fact. If the snow didn't slow them down, I should be picking it up tomorrow.
Appreciate 2
      01-18-2018, 08:25 AM   #8
dmk08
Gone Fishin’
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by spazzyfry123 View Post
Yup. Good team over there. They are slightly higher in price on some things, but as mentioned they know what they're doing and big enthusiasts. I always deal with Jordon and get quick, knowledgeable answers. My car is there for a rod bearing change among other things right now in fact. If the snow didn't slow them down, I should be picking it up tomorrow.
Not to start an argument but a bunch of the shops around are big enthusiasts and know what they are doing. The owner of BSC for instance used to be a tech at United and owns an M4 GTS among other M cars.

Why pay more? I never understand it maybe I'm missing something.
Appreciate 0
      01-18-2018, 08:40 AM   #9
spazzyfry123
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmk08 View Post
Not to start an argument but a bunch of the shops around are big enthusiasts and know what they are doing. The owner of BSC for instance used to be a tech at United and owns an M4 GTS among other M cars.

Why pay more? I never understand it maybe I'm missing something.
No doubt other shops are enthusiasts. I would be seriously concerned if they weren't.

Markert has been recommended to me by a lot of people, is very convenient for me with my girl working in Lawrenceville and me in Suwanee (we can just drop the car and go), and I've had no complaints with anything that they have done for me. Rob and the guys have their fun with the Spec E30 crowd which I have been involved with and developed friendships with. I'm sure I don't even know of half of the shops in the Atlanta area, but Technica for example is essentially Atlantic Station. That is a hell of a drive for me to consider changing up on a shop that has been doing me right for maybe $50 more on a job.

So the short answer? Maybe it's convenience. I'll probably chew up the small savings I will find somewhere else in just gas for two cars to drop it off. Not to mention time spent. If I lived in Midtown or something, then I'd probably be going there. They turn me around quick and do a quality job with a 60k mile warranty on everything they do. Hell as I type this, Jordon just sent me a text updating me on how things are going.
Appreciate 0
      01-18-2018, 08:56 AM   #10
dmk08
Gone Fishin’
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by spazzyfry123 View Post
No doubt other shops are enthusiasts. I would be seriously concerned if they weren't.

Markert has been recommended to me by a lot of people, is very convenient for me with my girl working in Lawrenceville and me in Suwanee (we can just drop the car and go), and I've had no complaints with anything that they have done for me. Rob and the guys have their fun with the Spec E30 crowd which I have been involved with and developed friendships with. I'm sure I don't even know of half of the shops in the Atlanta area, but Technica for example is essentially Atlantic Station. That is a hell of a drive for me to consider changing up on a shop that has been doing me right for maybe $50 more on a job.

So the short answer? Maybe it's convenience. I'll probably chew up the small savings I will find somewhere else in just gas for two cars to drop it off. Not to mention time spent. If I lived in Midtown or something, then I'd probably be going there. They turn me around quick and do a quality job with a 60k mile warranty on everything they do. Hell as I type this, Jordon just sent me a text updating me on how things are going.
Gotcha. I'm the opposite here in Marietta. Technica is 20 minutes away and Markert is 1 hour and 20 minutes away. Im taking my car there for rod bearings soon.

You doing BE or ?
Appreciate 0
      01-18-2018, 09:03 AM   #11
spazzyfry123
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmk08 View Post
Gotcha. I'm the opposite here in Marietta. Technica is 20 minutes away and Markert is 1 hour and 20 minutes away. Im taking my car there for rod bearings soon.

You doing BE or ?
Yeah Technica is about 60 miles one way for me and Markert is less than half of that. Mix in that I have to be in Markert's neighborhood every day whereas I may go to Atlanta once or twice a month...

But yes! BE bearings. Excited to have the lump in the back of my mind removed and to see what condition the stockers will be when they get yanked. Part of me wants to see them trashed so I can justify the cost. The other part wants them to be in great shape to counter the M3Post "standard".
Appreciate 0
      01-18-2018, 07:47 PM   #12
Mcouple
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep

Thank you everyone who has shared their experiences. After speaking with all these shops they all seem very good and reasonable.

Bimmers was reasonably priced and only uses OEM parts. The only one of the bunch. Bonus they are open on Saturdays. For general maintenance items they seem more than adequate to tackle the job.

Technica seemed the most knowledgeable from any shop I spoke with and also had the best prices. If I had to choose a place for a major job this place seems hard to beat.

Market motors was fantastic. However I kind of felt like they were trying to up-sell several unnecessary items and mods which I was not interested in and were the most pricy of the bunch.

Solo motors was also very helpful and straight shooters.

Thanks everyone for their recommendations
Appreciate 3
dmk087316.00
      04-27-2018, 11:39 PM   #13
elm3
///M Fan
United_States
Rep
Drives: '09 E92 M3 IB/'17 f85 X5M LBB

Garage List
2017 BMW / X5M  [9.00]
2009 E92 M3  [10.00]
2004 Yamaha R1  [10.00]
Let me know if you want me to set up an appointment with Bimmers Service. We have two locations, one in Roswell and one in Kennesaw. All of the employees and especially the owner were Master Techs from United BMW of Roswell. If you want somebody that knows the BMW, use Bimmers. Let me know.
'09 E92 ///M3 Interlagos Blue,6MT,Silver Novillo Leather,CF Trim,Premium Package,Technology Package,Cold Weather Package,Premium Sound,19"Wheels,Moonroof-Toy/'17 X5M, Long Beach Blue, Executive Package,Technology Package, Lighting Package, Driver Assist, Full Mughello Red Interior, 21" wheels-Toy/'14 535i with M Sport and 19" wheels-Daily
Appreciate 0