BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General BMW News and Cars Discussion

European Auto Source (EAS)

10-26-2007, 11:26 PM   #111
O-cha
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: Mcoupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny3 View Post
bunch of hater and babies in here. The way you guys are arguing about trivial, subjective bullshit is really lame. The most pathetic og the bunch are you guys that get all butt hurt and bitter and start lashing out and getting pissed. You read a spec sheet and you think it makes you an expert? It doesn't. Drive the car, then you will know. end of story
I'm sorry, I was not aware anyone in this thread had driven the one. Also, please point out where people are "lashing out" most are just correcting people who are wrong or have bought into the unfounded rumors.
Appreciate 0
      10-27-2007, 01:23 AM   #112
renasis
Captain
Rep
Drives: 07 E92 335I

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinchan View Post
i don't care what other says.. that is one ugly car...
+1
      10-28-2007, 07:27 PM   #113
dustinst22
Private
Rep
Drives: Ford F150

Quote:
Originally Posted by O-cha View Post
80 pounds.
Actually, 198 lbs

http://content.bmwusa.com/microsite/..._catalogue.pdf
Appreciate 0
      10-28-2007, 07:29 PM   #114
O-cha
Brigadier General
Rep

Here's the strict EU weights, not to be confused with the "Pick and choose" weights in the US.

I mean its really a matter of which one you want to trust. The one that was previously 3700 pounds, or the one that has been 1460kg the entire time and fully disclosed as to how it was measured rather than completely in the dark.
Appreciate 0
      10-28-2007, 07:38 PM   #115
TheAcAvenger
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 R35 GTR / 2007 E92 335i

Hopefully it's cheaper than quaife. That would be super convenient to drop the car off at the dealer to come back with a LSD.
2018 R35 GT-R Cicio800 | 2007 E92 335i - RB Turbos, TC Kline DA Coils, HPA M3 Suspension, Quaife LSD, Stoptech BBK, JB4, FuelIT, AR Downpipes, RDSport Quads, Stett OC, Helix IC, Volk TE-37, Vorsteiner V-35, OSS Headlights | Retired - 2015 F82 M4
Appreciate 0
      10-28-2007, 07:52 PM   #116
Zeroday
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Plymouth Volare

http://www.caranddriver.com/previews...5i.html?al=124

Quote:
But, if you were expecting some sort of baby M3 (that's kind-of what we were hoping for), based on the car's superior power-to-weight ratio over a 335i coupe, think again. BMW tuned the car to be a sporty coupe that was also a daily driver, rather than a road burner. So, while the 135i is plenty fast and has lots of grip, it's tuned as much for comfort as handling prowess. The ride is almost plush, for instance, and the car pushes doggedly on the limit, despite the 300 hp at your behest.

With wider tires at the back than the front and a tiny rear anti-roll bar, the car emphasis is on safety rather than entertainment.

Appreciate 0
      10-28-2007, 08:16 PM   #117
O-cha
Brigadier General
Rep

Was only a matter of time. Don't get me wrong an economical car in the lineup is great. But, the claims everyone was making were ridiculous.

I like this part too. "This powerhouse also won the International Engine of the Year Award—twice. Fitted into this 3450-pound 135i—yes, the 1-series is only about 100 pounds lighter than an equivalent 3-series"

3450 is even heavier than the EU quoted weight.

Oh by the way car and driver takes the vehicles to an actual scale.
Appreciate 0
      10-28-2007, 10:26 PM   #118
TheoIam
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M2C

Quote:
Here's the strict EU weights, not to be confused with the "Pick and choose" weights in the US.

I mean its really a matter of which one you want to trust. The one that was previously 3700 pounds, or the one that has been 1460kg the entire time and fully disclosed as to how it was measured rather than completely in the dark.
Give it a rest already until someone gets one here and compares them on the scales. JEZZ

You ack like it would not be a good thing if it actaully did weight 200lbs less. Is that what you are trying to say?
Appreciate 0
      10-28-2007, 11:02 PM   #119
AH
Major
Indonesia
Rep
Drives: E90 320i

Garage List
2006 E90  [0.00]
I don't believe that people like to argue about which is better.... each car has its own + and -.
And head to head race will actually be determined from the driver anyway.

Mods: Remus, Blacklines, Hartge, ACS, Breyton, Eibach, 20" Lative
Appreciate 0
      10-29-2007, 11:39 AM   #120
Garrett
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2004 330ci

Quote:
In the future I will base my assumptions on rumors and possible offhand comments from BMW representatives that have proved to be wrong often. Based on our discussion I feel this is a much more accurate way to foresee a cars performance.

Your basically claiming BMW plans on building a faster and better handling car for cheaper. I am crazy? Also don't start saying "But the 335 is as fast as last years M3" because it cant handle anywhere near as well.

BMW is not in the business of doing what you claim, no company is.
Yes,

BMW have said that the 3 Series has gotton too bloated for many whom loved the earlier BMW's. You claiming it a tiny car.. it's not. It just not as long or elegant as the e90's. Which to many people feel, are overly too big.

The 135i Coupe' is almost the same dimension as the e46 coupe. Either way BMW has said repeatedly that the 135i is tuned for sportier ride than the more elegant 3 series. In an interview on BMW-tv (can't locate any of the frankfurt show vids, for links..still looking) an engineer said the 135 is more "tossible" than the 3 series.

The 1 series is bringing back the sportier, affordable cars of the past. The ones that put BMW on the map and the complaints of BMW fans have not gone unoticed.

All of this has been said by high-level engineers or Division heads. It's not hard to look at the new 1 Series as trading off luxury found in the 3 series for more packaged performance.

The fact that BMW has backed up this idealogy with a Motorsport Concept called the Tii, illustrates BMW's stance on the 1 series performance heritage. Namely smaller, lighter, better handling cars..!
Appreciate 0
      10-29-2007, 01:24 PM   #121
Zeroday
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garrett View Post
Yes,

BMW have said that the 3 Series has gotton too bloated for many whom loved the earlier BMW's. You claiming it a tiny car.. it's not. It just not as long or elegant as the e90's. Which to many people feel, are overly too big.

The 135i Coupe' is almost the same dimension as the e46 coupe. Either way BMW has said repeatedly that the 135i is tuned for sportier ride than the more elegant 3 series. In an interview on BMW-tv (can't locate any of the frankfurt show vids, for links..still looking) an engineer said the 135 is more "tossible" than the 3 series.

The 1 series is bringing back the sportier, affordable cars of the past. The ones that put BMW on the map and the complaints of BMW fans have not gone unoticed.

All of this has been said by high-level engineers or Division heads. It's not hard to look at the new 1 Series as trading off luxury found in the 3 series for more packaged performance.

The fact that BMW has backed up this idealogy with a Motorsport Concept called the Tii, illustrates BMW's stance on the 1 series performance heritage. Namely smaller, lighter, better handling cars..!
You sound like the Iraqi foreign minister.

Appreciate 0
      10-29-2007, 06:46 PM   #122
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep
Drives: '22 Chalk Gray Porsche C2S

3'ers fear the 1. 1 lovers huff & puff to be heard. 3'ers look for justification when compared to the ///M. ///M drivers thrive on the heritage and emotion inherent in their cars, and denounce any comparison to the normal 3.

...and the world keeps spinning on today's edition of:

"As the BMW World Turns"

This shit is like a soap. *grabs popcorn*
Appreciate 0
      10-29-2007, 07:12 PM   #123
Robert
Major General
Rep
Drives: 135i -> is350 -> Tesla M3 perf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sedan_Clan View Post
3'ers fear the 1. 1 lovers huff & puff to be heard. 3'ers look for justification when compared to the ///M. ///M drivers thrive on the heritage and emotion inherent in their cars, and denounce any comparison to the normal 3.

...and the world keeps spinning on today's edition of:

"As the BMW World Turns"

This shit is like a soap. *grabs popcorn*
Took the words out of my mouth.
Appreciate 0
      10-29-2007, 07:33 PM   #124
Zeroday
Colonel
United_States
Rep

lol who's afraid of a car you people crack me up.
Appreciate 0
      10-29-2007, 08:22 PM   #125
herbz
hi
United_States
Rep
Drives: '86 325e

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheoIam View Post
Give it a rest already until someone gets one here and compares them on the scales. JEZZ

You ack like it would not be a good thing if it actaully did weight 200lbs less. Is that what you are trying to say?
+100. This guy is on some sort of vendetta to prove BMW wrong. do people really need to go an "e-mission" to convince people on a car forum that you're right? You're doing nothing but speculating as well, no different than the people who are saying that it will weigh 3000lbs.

And stop quoting that damn UK spreadsheet, UK cars have different components than US cars, and you can't just make blanket statements about how UK weight translates into US weight. just shut up until the friggen official weight (production version) is released in some sort of magazine like C&D. Then people can either eat their crow or bump this thread and say "OMG I WAS RIGHT TOLD U SO TOLD U SO" to all the people you'll never meet on an internet forum....
Appreciate 0
      10-29-2007, 09:28 PM   #126
O-cha
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by herbz View Post
+100. This guy is on some sort of vendetta to prove BMW wrong. do people really need to go an "e-mission" to convince people on a car forum that you're right? You're doing nothing but speculating as well, no different than the people who are saying that it will weigh 3000lbs.

And stop quoting that damn UK spreadsheet, UK cars have different components than US cars, and you can't just make blanket statements about how UK weight translates into US weight. just shut up until the friggen official weight (production version) is released in some sort of magazine like C&D. Then people can either eat their crow or bump this thread and say "OMG I WAS RIGHT TOLD U SO TOLD U SO" to all the people you'll never meet on an internet forum....
It's not the UK weight, its the weight for all of Europe.
Appreciate 0
      10-29-2007, 11:44 PM   #127
TheoIam
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
It's not the UK weight, its the weight for all of Europe.
But would it be so wrong if it was 200lbs lighter? Would it?

I don't care that much if it's not, I still like the car but I would actually like it if it was.

Seems you on the other hand would be personally pissed off for some reason?
Appreciate 0
      10-30-2007, 12:05 AM   #128
O-cha
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheoIam View Post
But would it be so wrong if it was 200lbs lighter? Would it?

I don't care that much if it's not, I still like the car but I would actually like it if it was.

Seems you on the other hand would be personally pissed off for some reason?
Would I be angered if BMW sold a car with the exact same engine that was "faster and handles like an //M" for much less money like many people in these threads are claiming it will?

YES.

Is it bad to think that? no.

Go ahead and make a comparison of the e46 to 335. But you would be unintelligent to do so. the e46 is as fast stock for stock as the 335 and handles a whole lot better. It also comes with higher status and a strong lineage.

What all these 135 lovers are talking about is just dumb, and it won't happen. Simple as that.

the 135 weighs about the same as the 335, and as C&D has already reported, its no where near the dream handling car the 135 lovers swear to god it is. its cheaper at the expense of being ugly and a small drop in luxury while possibly maintaining the performance of a 335, and thats EXACTLY what it should be.
Appreciate 0
      10-30-2007, 12:54 AM   #129
FinInk
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2000 Celica, Wanting 335i

Quote:
Would I be angered if BMW sold a car with the exact same engine that was "faster and handles like an //M" for much less money like many people in these threads are claiming it will?

YES.

Is it bad to think that? no.

Go ahead and make a comparison of the e46 to 335. But you would be unintelligent to do so. the e46 is as fast stock for stock as the 335 and handles a whole lot better. It also comes with higher status and a strong lineage.

What all these 135 lovers are talking about is just dumb, and it won't happen. Simple as that.

the 135 weighs about the same as the 335, and as C&D has already reported, its no where near the dream handling car the 135 lovers swear to god it is. its cheaper at the expense of being ugly and a small drop in luxury while possibly maintaining the performance of a 335, and thats EXACTLY what it should be.
wow what a hater.

don't hate, congradulate
Appreciate 0
      10-30-2007, 01:05 AM   #130
ArmyBimmerDude
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Lola

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by FinInk View Post
wow what a hater.

don't hate, congradulate
lol, why's he a hater? Cause he speaks the truth and 1 series guys dont want to hear it?
      10-30-2007, 01:28 AM   #131
O-cha
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArmyBimmerDude View Post
lol, why's he a hater? Cause he speaks the truth and 1 series guys dont want to hear it?
Exactly, and the fact that they are over here in the first place is ridiculous. Thats nice you think your car weighs a lot less, handles way better, and is way way faster. That's nice, why come here and try to tell 335 drivers that?

Only because you're worse than "haters" who are maybe defending their car at best (nothing to really defend against) YOU guys are actively coming here trying to rep your car.

Who's the worse person in this situation?
Appreciate 0
      10-30-2007, 08:42 AM   #132
TheoIam
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Exactly, and the fact that they are over here in the first place is ridiculous. Thats nice you think your car weighs a lot less, handles way better, and is way way faster. That's nice, why come here and try to tell 335 drivers that?

Only because you're worse than "haters" who are maybe defending their car at best (nothing to really defend against) YOU guys are actively coming here trying to rep your car.

Who's the worse person in this situation?
haha there are actually some 1 lovers I do find a little funny. As I have said before I like both the 1 and the 3 and could get either one.

My point has always been that it would not be such a bad thing if it did weight 200lbs less or handled better. It might signal a change in how BMW is looking at there cars. I never ever (for myself that is) tried to be holier then thou.

The part that I don’t get is such a resistance to think the other way on some of the cars possible virtues. The possibly better brakes, the hope (even though little at this point) that BMW could actually produce something smaller and lighter and the nice fact on top of that is it maybe cheaper as well.

Those are the only points, no matter how hopeful; I for one would like to see BMW succeed at. But if others here don’t want that, that’s fine, but post a real reason why other then it’s ugly.
Appreciate 0