BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > M3 Photos/Video/Media Gallery

EXXEL Distributions

02-03-2019, 08:30 PM   #1
reidetailing
Alex - IG @screamer
Canada
Rep
Drives: 08 SS E90, 11 Moonstone E92

Sky—The SS E90 M3 GTR: KMP, MK-Rennsporttechnik, Spage Sport, Varis, Volk, Vorsteiner

Hey everyone and welcome to my journal!

My name is Alex, and I own 2 of my dream cars:
  • 2013 Subaru STi Hatchback
  • 2008 BMW M3 Sedan

Story behind me is back in 2011, I had a 2011 Volkswagen Jetta as a commuter car while I studied Business at University of Toronto.
Here's a picture of it:

My parents were going to gift me an e92 M3 as a graduation gift in 2015 when I finished the program...that never happened BECAUSE, I fell in love with Subarus.

I was so set on the E9X M3, but when I saw my friend's Subaru STi Hatchback, I immediately fell in love, and purchased a brand new 2013 Subaru STi Hatchback in June of 2013.

The Subaru—Gabby—has come a long way since I've owned it new.

Here are some pictures of a before and after:

If you'd like to see more of my 2013 Subaru STi Racecar, be sure to check it out at the following link:
Gabby the Nurburgring STi

Fast forward to April 2018, I needed a commuter car because clearly the Subaru is too obnoxious for daily driving
Being an Insurance Broker, I wanted a commuter car that had the following criteria:
  • Professional-looking
  • Sporty
  • 4 Doors
I immediately thought of the E90 M3! It helped because some of my close friends have E90 M3s too, so I got the scoop on the platform, and was very impressed.

So I scouted around and found a used bone-stock 2008 BMW E90 M3 in Silverstone Metallic with about 105,000kms (65,000 miles). It had a Sunroof, and most importantly was 6MT. The car had the brakes recently replaced and was fairly clean. It had usual wear for a 10-year old car (stone chips, etc), but the best part was that the tires on the car were from 2007!

This car was manufactured on March 07, 2008.

The previous owner was a middle-aged lady, and the car had a clean Carfax...seems legit. I took it out for a test drive, and the rest was history! I found that love again that was once stolen by my Subaru

I've officially deemed her name to be Sky.

Please enjoy the pictures of Sky from the day I bought the car:

I know a lot of people prefer the LCI Taillights, but I actually LOVE the Pre-LCI Taillights!

I plan to keep this car forever and funny enough, my parents made me sign a contract PROMISING that I won't turn it into a track monster like my Subaru Racecar LOL! I will eventually turn it into something notable within 10-15 years when I establish myself in my professional career...but for the time being, we'll keep things "light."

A quick list of things that will eventually need to be replaced in the near future:
  1. Tires
  2. Throttle Actuators
  3. Rod Bearings

Here's the face of one of the happiest men on this planet!:

For those concerned, my Instagram handle is @screamer The majority of pictures will be of my Subaru, so don't be alarmed if you are followed by a traitor.

Thank-you for stopping by and be sure to stay tuned as things progress with Sky.
- 2008 BMW E90 M3 - Silverstone - Racecar

Last edited by reidetailing; 02-06-2024 at 03:57 PM..
Appreciate 5
      02-03-2019, 08:31 PM   #2
reidetailing
Alex - IG @screamer
Canada
Rep

Here are a list of the parts/mods that I've done... Enjoy!
***Red Lettering means upcoming mods
***Blue Lettering means part is on the way/ready to be installed
***Green Lettering means part is sold and is off the car

Engine:

Air Induction
  • Burger Motorsports Cowl Filters - Purchased from Burger Motorsports - Installed at Total Motor Werkes
Engine Cooling
  • Motorsport24 Race Airbox (S65 in standard position) (14e92082) - Purchased from iND Distribution - Installed at Total Motor Werkes
  • Motorsport24 Aluminum Cooler Frame Lying (engine in standard position) (14e92019) - Purchased from iND Distribution - Installed at Total Motor Werkes
  • Motorsport24 Water Thermostat and Hose Kit (14e92055) - Purchased from iND Distribution - Installed at Total Motor Werkes
  • Motorsport24 Race Heat Exchanger (Motorsport24 Z4 GT3 Cup Car fitment) (14e92061) - Purchased from iND Distribution - Installed at Total Motor Werkes
  • Motorsport24 Oil Filter Housing (OEM) Adaptor D10 for Race Heat Exchanger (14e92142) - Purchased from iND Distribution - Installed at Total Motor Werkes
    ARC Combination Coolant Expansion and Oil Catch Tank (VQ35HR Z33 Nissan 350Z fitment) - Purchased from Chris@JDMCainLab - Restored and Modified by Matt@GTCustoms - Installed at Total Motor Werkes
Engine Management
  • BPMSport Stage 2 Performance Engine Software - BMW E9x M3 - 2007-2013 - Purchased from Mike@BPMSport - Installed at Total Motor Werkes
    Tune Includes:
    1. BPM Sport Launch Assist - Enabled: 4000 RPM
    2. Reprogrammed Ignition timing, & Optimization of Fuel Quality: 94 Octane
    3. Remove Top Speed Limiter
    4. Servotronic Steering Changes
    5. Stage 2 Tune
    6. Calibrated for Challenge Catless X-Pipe
Engine Misc
  • Air Conditioning and AC Condenser Delete Performed at Total Motor Werkes
  • BMW Motorsport GT4 Water Pump with Upgraded Aluminum Impeller (11518331044) - Purchased from Turner Motorsport - Installed at Total Motor Werkes
  • Fall-Line Motorsports E9X M3 EGR Block-Off Plates - Purchased from M-Tech Auto - Installed at Total Motor Werkes
  • Future Classic - E9X (S65) Oil Filter Housing Cap with Oil Filter - Hard Coat Black - Purchased from iND Distribution - Installed at Total Motor Werkes
  • Slon Workshop Vanos Hub Covers - Purchased from M3Post Member "Move Over" - Installed at Total Motor Werkes
    NRW Design S65 Silicone Throttle Body Coupler Set - Purchased from NRW Design - Installed at Total Motor Werkes
    NRW Design S65 Valve Cover Grommet Kit - Purchased from NRW Design - Installed at Total Motor Werkes
Exhaust
  • Challenge USA Race X-Pipe (Version 1) - Purchased from M3Post Member "M3AN_S65" - Ceramic Coated by Fireball Coatings - Installed at RMP Motors
  • Dinan Rear Section Exhaust - Purchased from M3Post Member "Senpai" - Ceramic Coated by Fireball Coatings - Installed at Touge Tuning
  • American Racing Headers Long Tube 4-1 Headers (1-3/4” Headers Only with a extension Pipe that will be reduced to 2.5”) (BMWM3-07134300HR) - Purchased from Sal@American Racing Headers - Ceramic Coated by Fireball Coatings - Installed at Total Motor Werkes
  • Carbon Production GmbH Carbon Fiber Exhaust Bracket - Purchased from Silvano@Carbon Production GmbH Through Group Buy on EuroC***** - Ceramic Coated by Orion Detailing - Installed at Total Motor Werkes
    Rogue Engineering E9X Rear Muffler Hanger
Fuel System
  • NRW Design S65 Inline Fuel Filter Kit (Gasoline Paper Filter) - Purchased from NRW Design - Installed at Total Motor Werkes
    Nuke Performance BMW 8cyl S65 Motorsports Fuel Rail - Bolt-On - Purchased from Nuke Performance - Installed at Total Motor Werkes

Handling
  • Motorsport24 Electric Power Steering Conversion (14e92115) - Purchased from iND Distribution - Installed at Total Motor Werkes
    Power Steering Reservoir Delete Performed at Total Motor Werkes

Motor Build
  • VAC High Performance Calico Coated Rod Bearing Set with ARP S65 Connecting Rod Bolts - Installed at RMP Motors
  • Schrick 292 Camshaft Set - E9X M3 (S65) - Purchased from Bimmerworld - Installed at Total Motor Werkes
  • Schrick Valve Spring & Retainer Kit for 292 Cams - E9X M3 S65 - Purchased from Bimmerworld - Installed at Total Motor Werkes
    BMW Motorsport Upgraded GT4 Head Gasket
    Raceware Performance Head Stud Kit S65
    Raceware Performance Main Stud Kit S65
    Supertech High Performance Valve Kit S65 (Black Nitride Intake Valves and Inconel Exhaust Valves) ***SINGLE OR TRIPLE GROOVE?
    VAC Motorsports Hardened Valve Lock/Keeper
    VAC Motorsports High Performance Main Bearing Set S65
    VAC Motorsports Ported Throttle Bodies
    VAC Motorsports Performance Cylinder Head Service (Stage 3 Aggressive)

Braking:
  • Alcon Hardware Kit (with anti-rattle hardware) - Purchased from Bimmerworld - Installed at Total Motor Werkes
  • Alcon Nickel-Plated BBK Front - Purchased from Bimmerworld - Installed at Total Motor Werkes
  • Alcon Nickel-Plated BBK Rear - Purchased from Bimmerworld - Installed at Total Motor Werkes
  • Spiegler Stainless Brake Lines - Front (13.02.02700) - Purchased from Touge Tuning - Installed at Total Motor Werkes
  • Spiegler Stainless Brake Lines - Rear (13.02.02800) - Purchased from Touge Tuning - Installed at Total Motor Werkes
    Masterduct 2 Layer Brake Duct Hose - 3" x 7' Black

Drivetrain:
  • Turner Motorsport Racing Aluminum Motor and Transmission Mount Set (TDRE9080733) - Purchased from Turner Motorsport - Installed at RMP Motors
  • ARC Rear Differential Cooler (Universal) - Purchased from and Restored by Chris@JDMCainLab - Installed at Total Motor Werkes
  • ARC Transmission Cooler (CT9A Mitsubishi Evolution) - Purchased from and Restored by Chris@JDMCainLab - Installed at Total Motor Werkes
  • Auto Solutions LLC U1ltra Kit Spherical Bearing Series Short Shift Kit - E90 M3 Fitment - Purchased from Ronald@AutoSolutionsLLC - Installed at Total Motor Werkes
    SSK Includes:
    1. Custom Upper Lever to Accommodate Titanium Shift Knob
    2. 19mm Height Decrease off OEM Upper Lever
    3. 25% Throw Reduction
    4. 95A+ Polyurethane Bronze Bushing
  • BMW Flywheel Bolt (9 Total) - M12 X 1.5 X 25 - (11227520706) - Purchased from Turner Motorsport - Installed at Total Motor Werkes
  • Driftflo Drexler GT Race Light Differential Build Compatible w/KMP Axles - Purchased from M3Post Member "driftflo" - Installed at Total Motor Werkes
    Differential Kit Includes:
    1. OE Differential
    2. 4.10 Gearset
    3. Drexler "GT Race Light"
    4. Seals
    5. Bearings
    6. E46 M3 Side Flanges
  • IRP Performance Aluminum & Polyurethane Flex Disc (IRPFD-110) - Purchased from Alex@DriftHQ - Installed at Total Motor Werkes
  • KMP Drivetrain Axles (KMP-Axles-E92-L / KMP-Axles-E92-R) - Purchased from M-Tech Auto - Installed at Total Motor Werkes
  • TTV Racing Lightweight Single Mass Competition Flywheel (3472) - Purchased from TTV Racing Through Group Buy on M3Post Organized by M3Post Member "Epoustouflant" - Installed at Total Motor Werkes
  • Turner Motorsport Race Solid Delrin/Aluminum Rear Differential Mounts (TDR9080321) - Purchased from Turner Motorsport - Installed at Total Motor Werkes
  • Turner Motorsport Solid Aluminum Rear Subframe Bushings/Mount Set (TDR9080SRS) - Purchased from M3Post Member "username69" - Installed at Total Motor Werkes
  • VAC Motorsports Billet Differential Cover - Purchased from Henry@Bimmerworld - Installed at Total Motor Werkes
  • YCW Engineering/MFactory Dry Carbon Fiber Driveshaft V2 - Purchased from Michael@MFactory - Installed at Total Motor Werkes

Suspension/Chassis Bracing:
  • Carbon Production GmbH Carbon Fiber Front Subframe Brace Plate - Purchased from Silvano@Carbon Production GmbH Through Group Buy on EuroC***** - Ceramic Coated by Orion Detailing - Installed at Total Motor Werkes
  • DEFIV Titanium Rear Differential Brace - Purchased from M3Post Member "SalM" - Restored and Modified by Matt@GTCustoms - Installed at Total Motor Werkes
  • Fall-Line Motorsports E9X M3 Lower Coil Over Camber Arm + Shim Set - Purchased from iND Distribution - Installed at Total Motor Werkes
  • Hotchkis Sport SwayBar Kit (Front & Rear) - Purchased from Alpha Motorsports - Installed at Total Motor Werkes
  • MK-Rennsporttechnik Aluminum Trailing Arms - Purchased from Mario@MK-Rennsporttechnik - Installed at Total Motor Werkes
  • MK-Rennsporttechnik GTR Control Arms (Front Tension Rods, Front Lower Control Arms, Bumpsteer Tie Rod Ends) - Purchased from Mario@MK-Rennsporttechnik - Installed at Total Motor Werkes
  • MK-Rennsporttechnik Rear Bumpsteer, Camber, and Rollcenter Correction Race Kit - Purchased from Mario@MK-Rennsporttechnik - Installed at Total Motor Werkes
  • MK-Rennsporttechnik Rear Monoball Control Arm Rear Axle (Rear Upper Control Arms, Rear Upper Camber Arms, Rear Adjustable Toe Arms) - Purchased from Mario@MK-Rennsporttechnik - Installed at Total Motor Werkes
  • NRW Design Billet Aluminum Black Anodized BMW Jack Pad Set of 4 with Shear Bolts - Purchased from NRW Design - Installed at Total Motor Werkes
  • Ohlins TTX Pro Motorsport Suspension Kit - Purchased from Barry@3DM Suspension - Installed at Total Motor Werkes
    Öhlins TTX Pro Motorsport Suspension Kit Includes:
    1. Ohlins Camber Plates
    2. Ohlins TTX46 Front Coilovers(2-way Adjustable, Low speed Compression/Rebound)
    3. Ohlins TTX46 Blow Off Valve Upgrade (Cast Valve Body Blow Off Conversion Kit)
    4. Ohlins TTX36 ILX True Rear Coilovers (2-way Adjustable)
    5. Ohlins TTX36 ILX Blow Off Valve Upgrade (High Frequency Blow Off Conversion Kit)
    6. SPL Front ARB Links (custom-fit for Ohlins TTX Front Coilovers)
    7. Swift Spec-R Sport Springs 140 N/mm Front Spring (with Helper)
    8. Swift Spec-R Sport Springs 100 N/mm Rear Spring (with Helper)
    9. 3DM Suspension Rear Clevis Shock Mounts
  • Strom Motorsports Precision Series Front Uprights - Purchased from Strom Motorsports - Installed at Total Motor Werkes
    SPL RE E9X
    SPL FE E9M

Exterior:
  • BMW E9X M3 Edition Front Kidney Grille Package (51137979349-350) - Purchased from Turner Motorsport - Clear Bra'd by Elevated Auto - Installed at Total Motor Werkes
  • BMW Orange Reflectors Clear Bra'd - Clear Bra'd by Elevated Auto - Installed at Total Motor Werkes
  • BMW Hood Vents Wrapped With Avery Dennison Gloss Black - Wrapped and Installed at Elevated Auto
  • eBay E90 M3 OEM-Style Carbon Fiber Trunk Lip Spoiler - Purchased from eBay - Clear Bra'd and Ceramic Coated by Elevated Auto - Installed at Total Motor Werkes
  • Front Bumper License Plate and OEM Headlight Washers Shaved, and Front Bumper Repainted - Bodywork done by Excellence Auto Collision - Clear Bra'd by Elevated Auto - Installed at Total Motor Werkes
  • IND E9X M3 Replacement Front Tow Hook Cover with Cutout - Unprimed - Purchased from IND - Painted at Excellence Auto Collision - Clear Bra'd by Elevated Auto - Installed at Total Motor Werkes
  • Seibon E90 M3 OEM-Style Pre-LCI Carbon Fiber Trunk - Purchased from Alpha Motorsports - Polished and Clear Bra'd by Elevated Auto - Installed at Total Motor Werkes
  • Turner Motorsport Blue Poly Tow Strap with Bolt (TMI9020TSI-BLUE) - Purchased from ECS Tuning - Installed at Total Motor Werkes
  • Varis/VRS Rear Diffuser System 1 (Full Carbon) - Purchased from M3Post Member "Semp" - Polished and Clear Bra'd and Ceramic Coated by Elevated Auto - Installed at Total Motor Werkes
  • Aerocatch x Top Secret Japan Hood Latches - Purchased from Chris@JDMCainLab - Installed at Total Motor Werkes
  • Aerocatch x Top Secret Japan Hood Latches Titanium Hardware Kit by West Coast Fasteners - Purchased from Rick@WestCoastFasteners - Installed at Total Motor Werkes
  • BMW E9X M3 Edition Side Grille Package (51137979351-352) - Purchased from Turner Motorsport - Installed at Total Motor Werkes
  • BMW Motorsport GT4 Front Splitter (51628322638) - Purchased from Turner Motorsport - Clear Bra'd and Ceramic Coated by Elevated Auto - Installed at Total Motor Werkes
  • Forcewerkz BMW E90 M3 Side Skirt Extensions Diffusers Splitters - Carbon Fiber (SD-E90M3-CF) - Purchased from Aeuroplug - Polished and Clear Bra'd and Ceramic Coated by Elevated Auto - Installed at Total Motor Werkes
  • Karbonius Dry Carbon Fiber Roof - Purchased from Karbonius Through Group Buy on EuroC***** - Installed at Total Motor Werkes - Clear Bra'd and Ceramic Coated by Elevated Auto
  • MK-Rennsporttechnik E90 M3 Carbon Fiber Doors (Front and Rear) with Porsche Door Straps and Integrated Polycarbonate Windows and Sliders - Purchased from Mario@MK-Rennsporttechnik - Installed at Total Motor Werkes
  • MK-Rennsporttechnik E90 M3 Carbon Fiber WTCC Mirrors - Purchased from Mario@MK-Rennsporttechnik - Installed at Total Motor Werkes
  • Plastics 4 Performance Lexan Rear Screen 5mm Clear Hardcoated (BMWE90SAL_LHRD) - Purchased from Plastics4Performance - Installed at Total Motor Werkes
  • Spage Sport Dry Carbon Fiber Hood - Designed by Myself and Alex@SpageSport - Installed at Total Motor Werkes
  • Varis/VRS Rear Diffuser System 1 Titanium Hardware Kit by West Coast Fasteners - Purchased from Rick@WestCoastFasteners - Installed at Total Motor Werkes
  • Voltex Type 1S Wing - Purchased from Japan Parts - Refinished by Excellence Auto Collision - Clear Bra'd and Ceramic Coated by Elevated Auto - Installed at Total Motor Werkes
  • Voltex 275mm GT Wing Brackets - Purchased from Japan Parts - Refinished by Excellence Auto Collision - Clear Bra'd and Ceramic Coated by Elevated Auto - Installed at Total Motor Werkes
  • Vorsteiner Aero - Carbon Fiber Rear Diffuser Type II - BMW E90 M3 Sedan Only - Purchased from M3Post Member "Atf22" - Polished and Clear Bra'd and Ceramic Coated by Elevated Auto - Installed at Total Motor Werkes
    BMW Motorsport GT4 Flaps
    Spage Sport Dry Carbon Fiber Fenders - Designed by Myself and Alex@SpageSport
    Spage Sport Dry Carbon Fiber Front Bumper
    Spage Sport Dry Carbon Fiber Rear Bumper
    Spage Sport Dry Carbon Fiber Side Skirts
    Spage Sport Dry Carbon Fiber Splitter with Titanium Skid Plate
  • eBay E9X M3 GT4-Style Carbon Fiber Front Lip - Purchased from M3Post Member "e92m3jb" - Polished and Clear Bra'd by Elevated Auto - Ceramic Coated by Elevated Auto - Sold Locally Before Installed
  • Plastics 4 Performance Lexan Left Hand Rear Door Window 5mm Clear Hardcoated (BMWE90SAL_LHRD) - Purchased from Plastics4Performance - Installed at Total Motor Werkes
  • Plastics 4 Performance Lexan Right Hand Rear Door Window 5mm Clear Hardcoated (BMWE90SAL_LHRD) - Purchased from Plastics4Performance - Installed at Total Motor Werkes
  • Turner Motorsport Aluminum Skid Plate - Purchased from Turner Motorsport - Sold locally to M3Post Member "Yusko"

Interior:
  • DND Performance Interior BMW Threaded Adapter 12x1.25 - Purchased from DND Performance Interior - Installed at Total Motor Werkes
  • Powerhouse Amuse R1-Titan Titanium Shift Knob - Purchased from Nengun - Installed at Total Motor Werkes
  • Venoxy Gauge Faces E90 Replacement Instrument Cluster Blue w/"Sky" - Purchased from Venoxy Gauge Faces - Installed at Total Motor Werkes
  • Weathertech Floor Mats - Purchased from Touge Tuning - Installed by Myself
  • Windows Tinted 15% with Llumar's Ceramic CTX15 Tint Film - Installed at Elevated Auto
  • Windshield Tinted 45% with XPEL Prime XR Black Tint Film - Installed at Elevated Auto
  • ARC 6-Speed Shift Plate - Purchased from Vivid Racing - Installed at Spage Sport
  • BMW European Headlight Switch - Chrome (61319169400) - Purchased from Turner Motorsport - Installed at Total Motor Werkes
  • BMW Individual Start/Stop Switch Limited Edition (61317973477) - Purchased from Turner Motorsport - Installed at Total Motor Werkes
  • BMW Individual Steering Wheel Trim Cover (32307845942) - Purchased from ECS Tuning - Individual Plate Clear Bra'd by Elevated Auto - Installed at Total Motor Werkes
  • BMW Performance Illuminated Door Sill Cover Set (51472151841) - Purchased from eBay - Clear Bra'd by Elevated Auto - Installed at Total Motor Werkes
  • HARD Motorsport - BMW E9X Carbon Fiber RS Door Latches Pull Strap Conversion Kit - Laguna Seca Blue - Purchased from HARD Motorsport - Clear Bra'd and Ceramic Coated by Elevated Auto - Installed at Total Motor Werkes
  • Mashimarho Alcantara E-Brake and Shift Boots (Blue Stitching, Black Alcantara) - Purchased from Mashimarho - Installed at Total Motor Werkes
  • Mashimarho Custom Steering Wheel (Blue Stitching, D-Shaped, Gloss Carbon Fiber 9-3, Blue Thick Center Stripe, Black Alcantara 4-8) - Purchased from Mashimarho - Carbon Fiber Clear Bra'd by Elevated Auto - Installed at Total Motor Werkes
  • Mashimarho Start/Stop Button - Blue - Gifted from Mashimarho - Installed at Total Motor Werkes
  • Recaro Pro Racer Hans SPA Carbon Kevlar Seat - Purchased from M3Post Member "nickauger" - Restored, Clear Bra'd and Ceramic Coated by Kodawari Collective - Installed at Total Motor Werkes
  • Recaro Pro Racer XL Hans SPA Carbon Kevlar Seat - Purchased from T1 Motorsports - Polished and Clear Bra'd by Kodawari Collective - Installed at Total Motor Werkes
  • Spage Sport Dry Carbon Fiber Custom Fully Integrated Center Console - Built by Alex@Spage Sport - Clear Bra'd and Ceramic Coated by Elevated Auto - Installed at Total Motor Werkes
  • Spage Sport Dry Carbon Fiber Custom Interior Trim Pieces - Built by Alex@Spage Sport - Clear Bra'd and Ceramic Coated by Elevated Auto - Installed at Total Motor Werkes
  • WEIGHT LOSS Motorsport Fuel Pump Covers - Built by Marco@Weight Loss Motorsport - Ceramic Coated by Orion Detailing - Installed at Total Motor Werkes
  • 3D Design - Billet Aluminum Handbrake Lever - Purchased from iND Distribution - Installed at Total Motor Werkes

Wheels/Tires:

Summer Setup:
  • Bridgestone RE71R 275/35/18 - Purchased from and Installed at Touge Tuning
  • Volk OG TE37 Mag Blue 18x10+25 - Purchased from M3Post Member "Johnny250" - Ceramic Coated by Get Detailed - Installed at Touge Tuning
  • Core4 Motorsports M14 Press-In Stud Conversion Hub Set, Including OEM BMW F8X M-Hubs with 82mm MSI Studs, Rear Bearings, Axle Nuts, Hub Flange Bolts, Black MSI Lug Nuts - Purchased from Tom@Core4Motorsports - Installed at Total Motor Werkes
  • Rays A-Flat Type Center Cap - Clip Type (Mag Blue) - Purchased from M3Post Member "Senpai" - Ceramic Coated by Elevated Auto - Installed at Elevated Auto
Winter Setup:
  • Michelin Pilot Alpin PA4s Front: 235/40/18 - Rear: 255/40/18 - Purchased from Alpha Motorsports - Installed at Touge Tuning - Sold locally to Adrian
    OEM BMW 219M Front: 18x8.5+29 - Rear: 18x9.5+23 - Sold locally to Adrian

Electronics/Lighting:
  • BMW iPhone Lightning USB Y Cable Audio Music Adapter (61122408012) - Purchased from Turner Motorsport - Installed by Myself
  • GTA Retrofits E90 M3 Headlight Restoration Removed by Elevated Auto - Restored by Josh@GTA Retrofits - Clear Bra'd at Elevated Auto - Installed at Elevated Auto
    Headlight Restoration Includes:
    1. OEM E90 M3 Headlight Lenses (Pair)
    2. ZKW-R Clear Projector Lenses (Pair)
    3. Osram Xenarc 66140 D1S CBI (Pair)
  • BMW LED Interior Light Package (63122212788) - Purchased from Maranello BMW - Installed at Total Motor Werkes
  • BMW LED Luggage Compartment Light (63312348803) - Purchased from Maranello BMW - Installed at Total Motor Werkes
  • OEM JDM Subaru STi 2011-2014 Sedan Rear Fog Lamp Kit - Retrofitted to E90 M3 - Purchased from Touge Tuning - Installed at Total Motor Werkes
  • Studie Courtesy Lamp (Front and Rear) - Purchased from iND Distribution - Installed at Total Motor Werkes

Restoration Parts:

Engine
  • OE VDO BMW Throttle Actuators - Purchased from FCP Euro - Installed at RMP Motors
  • BMW Gas Cap (16117222391) - Purchased from Turner Motorsport - Installed at Total Motor Werkes
    BMW Seal Engine Bonnet Front x2(51767218581)
    BMW Hood Seal - Rear (51718045623)
    BMW Lower Section Seal Of Engine - Left (51767124759)
    BMW Lower Section Seal Of Engine - Right (51767124760)
    BMW Expanding Rivet x2 (51168197908)
    BMW Rear Hood Seal - Left (51767142049)
    BMW Rear Hood Seal - Right (51767142050)
    BMW Seal Engine Compartment Lateral Front x2 (51767158689)
    BMW Seal Engine Compartment Lateral Rear x2 (51767158690)
    BMW Seal Engine Front Bonnet (51717177869)
    BMW Hood Seal - Front Bumper (51718046965)
    BMW Expanding Rivet D=7,5 x2 (51483418609)
    BMW Molded Part - Left (51767182061)
    BMW Molded Part - Right (51767182062)
    BMW Front Bumper Support (51117900763)
    BMW Front Belly Pan (31102283032)
    BMW Alternator - 180amp - E9X M3 S65 (12317837981)

Drivetrain
  • OE LuK Clutch Kit (21212284034) - Purchased from Turner Motorsport - Installed at Total Motor Werkes
    BMW Pilot Bearing - 15x32x10 (11211720310)
    ECS Brass Clutch Pivot Pin (013236ECS01A)

Suspension
  • BMW Front Subframe (31112283440) - Purchased from Maranello BMW - Powdercoated at Brightside Coatings - Installed at Total Motor Werkes
  • BMW Rear Upright - Driver Side (33302283541) - Purchased from Turner Motorsport - Installed at Total Motor Werkes
  • BMW Rear Upright - Passenger Side (33302283542) - Purchased from Turner Motorsport - Installed at Total Motor Werkes
  • BMW Rear ABS/DSC Sensor x2 (34526870077) - Purchased from Turner Motorsport - Installed at Total Motor Werkes
  • BMW Rear ABS/BVA Tube Bracket x2 (34522283017) - Purchased from Turner Motorsport - Installed at Total Motor Werkes
  • BMW Rear Subframe (33312283340) - Purchased from Turner Motorsport - Sanded Down at Total Motor Werkes - Powdercoated at Brightside Coatings - Installed at Total Motor Werkes

Exterior
  • Pilkington 2008 E90 M3 Front Windshield Replacement - Purchased from and Installed by Auto Glass Worx
  • BMW Center Bumper Grill (51117900764) - Purchased from Turner Motorsport - Installed at Total Motor Werkes
  • BMW Front Bumper Bracket - Left (51118042081) - Purchased from Maranello BMW - Installed at Total Motor Werkes
  • BMW Front Bumper Bracket - Right (51118042082) - Purchased from Maranello BMW - Installed at Total Motor Werkes
  • BMW Front Bumper Guide - Left (51117900761) - Purchased from Maranello BMW - Installed at Total Motor Werkes
  • BMW Front Bumper Guide - Right (51117900762) - Purchased from Maranello BMW - Installed at Total Motor Werkes
  • BMW Front Bumper Hardware Kit (51112410005) - Purchased from Turner Motorsport - Installed at Total Motor Werkes
  • BMW Front Bumper Insert - Left (51117907205) - Purchased from Maranello BMW - Installed at Total Motor Werkes
  • BMW Front Bumper Insert - Right (51117907206) - Purchased from Maranello BMW - Installed at Total Motor Werkes
  • BMW Front Left Fender (41008042023) - Purchased from Maranello BMW - Installed at Total Motor Werkes
  • BMW Impact Protection - Left Sill(51777146729) - Purchased from Maranello BMW - Installed at Total Motor Werkes
  • BMW Impact Protection - Right Sill(51777146730) - Purchased from Maranello BMW - Installed at Total Motor Werkes
  • BMW Rear Bumper Guide (51127058522) - Purchased from Maranello BMW - Installed at Total Motor Werkes
  • BMW Rear Bumper Hardware Kit (51122410022) - Purchased from Maranello BMW - Installed at Total Motor Werkes
  • BMW Rear Bumper Mesh (51128040878) - Purchased from Maranello BMW - Installed at Total Motor Werkes
  • BMW Seal - Rear Left Side Window (51347060219) - Purchased from Maranello BMW - Installed at Total Motor Werkes
  • BMW Seal - Rear Right Side Window (51347060220) - Purchased from Maranello BMW - Installed at Total Motor Werkes
  • BMW Supporting Ledge (51137133292) - Purchased from Maranello BMW - Installed at Total Motor Werkes
  • BMW Upper Window Trim Strip - Left (51137117243) - Purchased from Maranello BMW - Installed at Total Motor Werkes
  • BMW Upper Window Trim Strip - Right (51137117244) - Purchased from Maranello BMW - Installed at Total Motor Werkes
  • BMW Windshield Cowl Cover (51717180743) - Purchased from Maranello BMW - Installed at Total Motor Werkes
  • BMW Windshield Spray Nozzles (61667131299) - Purchased from Turner Motorsport - Installed at Total Motor Werkes
  • BMW Wiper Arm Covers (61617138990) - Purchased from Turner Motorsport - Installed at Total Motor Werkes
  • BMW Wiper Arm - Left (61617171639) - Purchased from Turner Motorsport - Installed at Total Motor Werkes
  • BMW Wiper Arm - Right (61617171641) - Purchased from Turner Motorsport - Installed at Total Motor Werkes
  • Bosch Wiper Blade Set E90 (up to 09/2009) (61610427668) - Purchased from Turner Motorsport - Installed at Total Motor Werkes

Interior
  • BMW Cup Holder (Left) - Black (51459173463) - Purchased from Turner Motorsport - Installed at Total Motor Werkes
  • BMW Cup Holder (Right) - Black (51459173469) - Purchased from Turner Motorsport - Installed at Total Motor Werkes

Recalls Completed
  • B Lower Regulator Wiring Harness (61 83 17RC)
  • Driver Front Air Bag Module (72 80 16RC)
  • Power Supply System (61 87 19RC)

Last edited by reidetailing; 03-26-2024 at 08:03 PM..
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2019, 08:32 PM   #3
reidetailing
Alex - IG @screamer
Canada
Rep

Photos of Sky (and Gabby):

Videos of Sky (and Gabby):

Last edited by reidetailing; 11-25-2021 at 02:10 PM..
Appreciate 1
neilum896.50
      02-03-2019, 08:34 PM   #4
reidetailing
Alex - IG @screamer
Canada
Rep

Table of Contents:

Page 1:
  • Story of Sky and her sister Gabby
  • Overview of Parts List
  • Photos/Videos of Sky
  • Windows Tinted in Llumar's Ceramic CTX15
  • Took Sky to Automotion in Wisconsin
  • Replaced OEM Spark Plugs and Ignition Coils
  • Replaced Intake Air Filter
  • Purchased and Replaced VDO Throttle Body Actuators

Page 2:
  • Purchased Michelin Pilot Alpin PA4s for stock rims
  • Purchased Weathertech Floor Mats
  • Shot of Voltex Euro Wing on Darin's E90 335i
  • Purchased Turner Motorsport Solid Engine Mounts and Solid Transmission Mounts
  • Replaced Rod Bearings
  • Purchased Challenge USA Race X-Pipe (Version 1) and had it Ceramic Coated
  • Purchased Volk TE37 OGs in Mag Blue 18x10+25, and a Varis/VRS Rear Diffuser System 1 (Full Carbon)
  • Purchased ARC 6-Speed Shift Plate
  • Purchased Bridgestone RE71Rs in 275/35/18 Square, and had my TE37 OGs Ceramic Coated
  • Purchased Turner Motorsport Solid Rear Differential and Subframe Mounts
  • Purchased Dinan Rear Section Exhaust
  • Purchased Used OEM M3 Rear Subframe
  • Ceramic Coated Dinan Rear Section Exhaust
  • Inspection at Total Motor Werkes

Page 3:
  • Purchased Seibon E90 M3 OEM-Style Pre-LCI Carbon Fiber Trunk
  • Photoshoot for Sky and Gabby with Lazer Media
  • Purchased Powerhouse Amuse R1-Titan Titanium Shift Knob
  • Purchased DND Performance Interior BMW Threaded Adapter 12x1.25
  • Purchased Venoxy Gauge Faces - Blue w/ "Sky"
  • Purchased eBay E90 M3 OEM-Style Trunk Lip Spoiler
  • Touge Tuning Track-day
  • Removed Stock Cat-back and Installed Dinan Cat-back
  • Received fully disassembled Rear Subframe
  • Gameplan for Suspension Components
  • Polished, Clear Bra'd and Ceramic Coated Varis/VRS Rear Diffuser System 1 (Full Carbon) and Seibon E90 M3 OEM-Style Pre-LCI Carbon Fiber Trunk
  • Installed DND Performance Interior BMW Threaded Adapter 12x1.25
  • Installed eBay E90 M3 OEM-Style Trunk Lip Spoiler
  • Installed Powerhouse Amuse R1-Titan Titanium Shift Knob
  • Installed Seibon E90 M3 OEM-Style Pre-LCI Carbon Fiber Trunk
  • Installed Varis/VRS Rear Diffuser System 1 (Full Carbon)
  • Installed Venoxy Gauge Faces E90 Replacement Instrument Cluster Blue w/"Sky"
  • Purchased Mashimarho Custom Steering Wheel (Blue Stitching, D-Shaped, Gloss Carbon 9-3, Blue Thick Center Stripe, Alcantara 4-8
  • Purchased BMW Center Exhaust Hanger Support
  • Purchased BMW European Headlight Switch - Chrome
  • Purchased BMW Individual Steering Wheel Trim Cover
  • Purchased BMW iPhone Lightning USB Y Cable Audio Music Adapter

Page 4:
  • Photoshoot with Gabby and Sky
  • Discussing how I initially missed out on a Vorsteiner E90 M3 Carbon Fiber Rear Diffuser Type II
  • Purchased Vorsteiner E90 M3 Carbon Fiber Rear Diffuser Type II
  • Purchased BMW Performance Illuminated Door Sill Cover Set
  • Purchased Mashimarho Alcantara E-Brake and Shift Boots (Blue Stitching, Black Alcantara)
  • Received BMW Performance Illuminated Door Sill Cover Set (51472151841)
  • Received BPM Sport Stage 2 Tune
  • Received Burger Motorsports Cowl Filters
  • Received eBay GT4-Style Carbon Fiber Front Lip
  • Received Mashimarho Alcantara E-Brake Boot and Shift Boot
  • Received Vorsteiner E90 Carbon Fiber Rear Diffuser Type II
  • Purchased and Received Auto Solutions LLC U1ltra Kit Spherical Bearing Series Short Shift Kit
  • Purchased and Received IRP Performance Aluminum & Polyurethane Flex Disc (IRPFD-110)
  • Purchased and Received YCW Engineering/MFactory Dry Carbon Fiber Driveshaft

Page 5:
  • Restored and Refreshed OEM M3 Headlights
  • Clear Bra'd and Ceramic Coated BMW Performance Door Sills
  • Clear Bra'd and Ceramic Coated Mashimarho Carbon Fiber Steering Wheel and Individual Shift Plate
  • Polished, Clear Bra'd and Ceramic Coated eBay M3 GT4-Style Carbon Fiber Front Lip
  • Polished, Clear Bra'd and Ceramic Coated Vorsteiner Carbon Fiber Upper Diffuser
  • Clear Bra'd OEM M3 Headlights
  • Brainstorming Interior Ideas, Including Spage Sport Custom Dry Carbon Center Console
  • Purchased and Received 3D Design - Billet Aluminum Handbrake Lever
  • Purchased and Received IND E9X M3 Replacement Front Tow Hook Cover with Cutout - Unprimed
  • Purchased and Received HARD Motorsport - BMW E9X Carbon Fiber RS Door Latches Pull Strap Conversion Kit - Laguna Seca Blue
  • Purchased and Received Spiegler Stainless Brake Lines - Front & Rear
  • Removed Center Console and Front Bumper
  • Purchased and Installed Pilkington Front Windshield Replacement
  • Sent Front Bumper for Repaint
  • Purchased and Received BMW E9X M3 Edition Front Kidney Grille Package
  • Purchased and Received Turner Motorsport Blue Poly Tow Strap with Bolt
  • Purchased and Received BMW Center Bumper Grill
  • Purchased and Received BMW Front Bumper Hardware Kit
  • Purchased and Received BMW Wiper Arm Covers
  • Purchased and Received BMW Windshield Spray Nozzles
  • Purchased and Received BMW Wiper Arm - Left
  • Purchased and Received BMW Wiper Arm - Right
  • Purchased and Received Bosch Wiper Blade Set E90
  • Purchased and Received Spage Sport Dry Carbon Center Console
  • Clear Bra'd and Ceramic Coated Spage Sport Dry Carbon Center Console
  • Clear Bra'd Front Bumper
  • Clear Bra'd and Ceramic Coated Front Kidney Grilles
  • Clear Bra'd and Ceramic Coated Orange Reflectors
  • Clear Bra'd and Ceramic Coated Hard Motorsport Carbon Fiber Door Latches
  • Tinted Front Windshield
  • Wrapped Hood Vents
  • Paintless Dent Removal on Driver Side Door

Page 6:
  • Purchased and Received MK-Rennsporttechnik Rear Bumpsteer, Camber, and Rollcenter Correction Race Kit
  • Purchased and Received MK-Rennsporttechnik Aluminum Trailing Arms
  • Purchased and Received TTV Racing Lightweight Single Mass Competition Flywheel (3472)
  • Purchased MK-Rennsporttechnik Rear Monoball Control Arm Rear Axle (Rear Upper Control Arms, Rear Upper Camber Arms, Rear Adjustable Toe Arms
  • Purchased MK-Rennsporttechnik GTR Control Arms (Front Tension Rods, Front Lower Control Arms, Bumpsteer Tie Rod Ends)
  • Purchased Hotchkis Sport SwayBar Kit (Front & Rear)
  • Purchased Core4 Motorsports M14 Press-In Stud Conversion Hub Set, Including OEM BMW F8X M-Hubs with 82mm MSI Studs, Rear Bearings, Axle Nuts, Hub Flange Bolts, Black MSI Lug Nuts
  • Purchased and Received Aerocatch x Top Secret Japan Hood Latches Titanium Hardware Kit by West Coast Fasteners
  • Custom Hood Teaser with Roundel Delete
  • Received Core4 Motorsports M14 Press-In Stud Conversion Hub Set, Including OEM BMW F8X M-Hubs with 82mm MSI Studs, Rear Bearings, Axle Nuts, Hub Flange Bolts, Black MSI Lug Nuts
  • Purchased and Received BMW Front Subframe
  • Purchased and Received BMW Seal - Rear Left Side Window
  • Purchased and Received BMW Seal - Rear Right Side Window
  • Purchased and Received BMW Front Bumper Bracket - Left
  • Purchased and Received BMW Front Bumper Bracket - Right
  • Purchased and Received BMW Front Bumper Guide - Left
  • Purchased and Received BMW Front Bumper Guide - Right
  • Purchased and Received BMW Rear Bumper Hardware Kit
  • Purchased and Received BMW Front Bumper Insert - Left
  • Purchased and Received BMW Front Bumper Insert - Right
  • Purchased and Received BMW LED Interior Light Package
  • Purchased and Received BMW Gas Cap
  • Purchased and Received OE LuK Clutch Kit
  • Purchased and Received BMW Rear Upright - Driver Side
  • Purchased and Received BMW Rear Upright - Passenger Side
  • Purchased and Received BMW Rear ABS/DSC Sensor x2
  • Purchased and Received BMW Rear ABS/BVA Tube Bracket x2
  • Purchased and Received BMW E9X M3 Edition Side Grille Package
  • Purchased and Received BMW Cup Holder (Left) - Black
  • Purchased and Received BMW Cup Holder (Right) - Black
  • Brainstorming Rear Fog Light Project
  • Purchased and Received OEM JDM Subaru STi 2011-2014 Sedan Rear Fog Lamp Kit
  • Purchased and Received MK-RennsportTechnik GTR Control Arms (Front Tension Rods, Front Lower Control Arms, Bumpsteer Tie Rod Ends)
  • Purchased and Received MK-RennsportTechnik Rear Monoball Control Arm Rear Axle (Rear Upper Control Arms, Rear Upper Camber Arms, Rear Adjustable Toe Arms)
  • Purchased and Received Forcewerkz BMW E90 M3 Side Skirt Extensions Diffusers Splitters
  • Sold Replica GT4 Lip
  • Purchased and Received BMW Motorsport GT4 Lip, and BMW Motorsport Water Pump with Upgraded Aluminum Impeller
  • Purchased and Received KMP Drivetrain Axles (Left and Right)
  • Brainstorming Carbon Center Dash Pieces Project
  • Purchased and Received Strom Motorsports Precision Series Front Uprights
  • Purchased and Received Hotchkis Sport SwayBar Kit (Front & Rear)

Page 7:
  • Polished, Clear Bra'd and Ceramic Coated Forcewerkz Carbon Fiber Side Skirt Extensions Diffusers Splitters
  • Polished, Clear Bra'd and Ceramic Coated M3 Edition Side Grille Package
  • Purchased and Received Spage Sport Dry Carbon Interior Trim Pieces
  • Sent Rear Bumper, Side Skirts, Mirror Caps, and Windshield Trim for Repaint
  • Purchased BMW Front Left Fender
  • Purchased and Received Fall-Line Motorsports E9X M3 EGR Block-Off Plates
  • Purchased West Coast Fasteners Titanium Hardware Kit for Varis/VRS Rear Diffuser System 1
  • Disassembled Varis/VRS Rear Diffuser System 1 to prep for Titanium Hardware Kit
  • Purchased and Received Spage Sport Dry Carbon Fiber Hood
  • Purchased and Received DEFIV Titanium Rear Differential Brace
  • Restored DEFIV Titanium Rear Differential Brace
  • Purchased and Received Restored ARC Rear Differential Cooler
  • Brainstorming ARC Rear Differential Cooler Ideas
  • Showing Current Condition of OEM Rear Differential
  • Purchased Driftflo Drexler GT Race Light Differential Build

Page 8:
  • Modified OEM Rear Bumper Beam to support ARC Rear Diff Cooler and Subaru STi Rear Fog Light
  • Purchased and Installed West Coast Fasteners Titanium Hardware for Varis/VRS Rear Diffuser System 1
  • Purchased Plastics 4 Performance Lexan Left and Right Hand Rear Door Window and Rear Screen in 5mm Clear Hardcoated
  • Built Brackets on Rear Bumper Beam for ARC Rear Diff Cooler and JDM Subaru STi Rear Fog Light
  • Powdercoated Rear Bumper Beam
  • Replaced Varis Hardware with Titanium Hardware
  • Purchased and Received Plastics 4 Performance Lexan Rear Screen and Rear Doors Side Windows
  • Purchased and Received Motorsport24 Big Order
  • Purchased and Received 2 Recaro SPA Seats and Cleaned Them
  • Purchased and Received Ohlins TTX Suspension

Last edited by reidetailing; 03-17-2024 at 11:58 PM..
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2019, 10:09 PM   #5
wyatth
Colonel
Rep
Drives: E90 ZCP

Congrats and welcome!

That’s some serious coin for a student to drop on those STI parts!
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2019, 12:52 AM   #6
eternallx
Looking
United_States
Rep
Drives: 0.0

Damn thats one serious STI. cant wait to see what you do to the M3
      02-05-2019, 08:46 AM   #7
Drifter2090
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: E90 M3 | E92 335i | E90 335d

Woo congrats! I'm looking for a similar car myself, but just so hard to find a E90 with fox red/6mt/idrive/individual audio

Can't wait to see the mods
SS2-FR E90 M3 6MT / IND / AFE / ActiveAutowerke - SOLD
AW-FR E90 M3 DCT / ACM / IND / AutoTecknic / K&N / H&R / Bilstein - SOLD
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2019, 10:59 AM   #8
6ixSpd
Save the manuals!
Rep
Drives: '16 M3, '23 718 Spyder

Welcome!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drifter2090 View Post
Woo congrats! I'm looking for a similar car myself, but just so hard to find a E90 with fox red/6mt/idrive/individual audio

There's been a few for sale over the past few months. There was even a LCI JB on FR Ext 6MT in BC, and a $19k JB on FR 6MT in Oakville. Both had IA.

Past: E92 M3, F87 M2, E39 M5, etc
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2019, 11:26 AM   #9
drivetolive
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Z4M Coupe

Awesome colour and congrats on the car. I was also orginally looking for a SS E9x before landing on my JB E90.

Went I originally bought the car ~2 years ago I was content with the pre-LCI look, but recently decided to do the updated look. Either way, I'm looking forward to see how you mod this thing!
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2019, 04:45 PM   #10
buzz367
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: E90 BMW M3

How does one afford to trick out an STI like that while in college?!
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2019, 06:00 AM   #11
reidetailing
Alex - IG @screamer
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyatth View Post
Congrats and welcome!

That’s some serious coin for a student to drop on those STI parts!
It is, but it's been a 6-year journey of living practically expense-free, no girlfriend, etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eternallx View Post
Damn thats one serious STI. cant wait to see what you do to the M3
Thank-you, I'm excited for this journey.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drifter2090 View Post

Nice, good luck!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6ixSpd View Post
Welcome!

There's been a few for sale over the past few months. There was even a LCI JB on FR Ext 6MT in BC, and a $19k JB on FR 6MT in Oakville. Both had IA.
For sure, I've seen a couple recently that are clean examples.

Quote:
Originally Posted by drivetolive View Post
Awesome colour and congrats on the car. I was also orginally looking for a SS E9x before landing on my JB E90.

Went I originally bought the car ~2 years ago I was content with the pre-LCI look, but recently decided to do the updated look. Either way, I'm looking forward to see how you mod this thing!
Thank-you man! Who knows, maybe I'll change my mind on the LCI upgrade.

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzz367 View Post
How does one afford to trick out an STI like that while in college?!
See above reply... oh and having a summer job and a profitable detailing/restoration business helped a smidge But again, 6-year build, and not too much happened right away. Plus supportive parents made my life easy to be completely honest with expenses for things like rent, etc. Also schooling in Canada is substantially less for tuition than in the U.S.. For example, I went to one of the top business schools in Canada, and tuition was about $15k-18k/year CAD; from what I hear, U.S. schools are like $20k+ USD, which is A LOT!

Last edited by reidetailing; 03-17-2019 at 08:52 PM..
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2019, 07:11 AM   #12
shimmy23
F15 daddymobile
Rep
Drives: GS X5

I think I love that it's not a slammed sti too.
      02-06-2019, 09:02 AM   #13
Timujin
Major
Rep
Drives: GMC Sierra

Garage List
2010 BMW M3  [0.00]
congrats
      02-06-2019, 05:20 PM   #14
reidetailing
Alex - IG @screamer
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by shimmy23 View Post
I think I love that it's not a slammed sti too.
Me too, I'm not that into the "Stancenation" scene.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timujin View Post
congrats
Thank-you!

Last edited by reidetailing; 03-17-2019 at 08:52 PM..
Appreciate 0
      02-07-2019, 07:42 AM   #15
Drifter2090
Colonel
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6ixSpd View Post
Welcome!

Yeah I looked at the one in Oakville, it felt beat and loose. I will keep looking, still gotta sell my 335 anyways
Appreciate 0
      02-07-2019, 12:35 PM   #16
IND-Distribution
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
United_States
Rep

Drives: G80 M3 / G82 M4

Nice! Was about to ask what you have planned, but looks like you've got quite a healthy list already thought out, haha. Looking forward to seeing it all come together.
      03-17-2019, 08:42 PM   #17
reidetailing
Alex - IG @screamer
Canada
Rep

Hope everyone is doing well.

This update takes place in May 2018.

My first "mod" to Sky was to Tint the windows. For this, I consulted my long-time friend, Steven—Owner of Elevated Auto. Elevated Auto specializes in Paint Protection Film (PPF), and Tinting Services. Steven has been in the business for over 10 years, and recently embarked on opening his own business—Elevated Auto.

Steven's weapon of choice for this job was Llumar's Ceramic CTX15 Tint Film. This film features Nano-Ceramic Technology that is designed to keep the cabin cooler, and offer increased privacy.

I think it turned out fantastic:

Shortly after that was done, my good friend Corey invited me to come hang out in Wisconsin for a big show called Automotion. Automotion attracts many people from all over the state and nearby surrounding states for a weekend of fun! Showgoers usually head up early before the weekend to relax and cruise up-and-down the main strip. It sort of has an H2Oi-feel, with much less shenanigans.

So I made the trek from Toronto to Wisconsin and snapped a quick fill-up pic:

I then met up with Corey in Wisconsin and we were off to the Wisconsin Dells. Corey has a beautiful Widebody Lotus Exige with a beautiful set of Advans, and my personal favourite Voltex GT Spoiler that completes the aggressive track-look he was aiming for:

A couple of Corey's friends are fantastic photographers, so I bugged one of them to snap a pic of Sky in her truest stock-form:

Once I got back to Toronto, my Subaru's Aerosim Research Dry Carbon Fiber Roof arrived, but UPS said I needed to come pick it up at the warehouse due to the size of it.
SLIGHT PROBLEM! I don't own a pickup, or any large vehicle to load it in...and all my friends were busy. Well desperate times called for REALLY desperate measures...

It definitely doesn't fit...hmmm what do I do? (Oh and don't mind the Portugal flag...it was the World Cup at the time)

I guess it "fits" now?
I'm not going to lie, it was very sketchy driving back home with a roof on top of another roof. Needless to say, people driving joined in the confusion as to why I had a roof taped on-top of my roof.

Anyways, I made it home safe-and-sound. A couple days later, I ended up getting a warning light on the dash and the car would go into limp-mode, so I immediately took it to get checked out.

To keep the privacy of this shop, I will refrain from saying where I went. But I went to a shop nearby my house that does all sorts of European exotic cars. After diagnosing the car, they identified it to be one of two things...spark plugs and ignition coils OR throttle actuators. The shop was very confident on the former being the issue, so they said I needed to replace my Spark Plugs and Ignition Coils, when in actuality I had the infamous Throttle Actuators that needed to be replaced.

How do I know this? well after they cleared the codes, I was driving back home and the car went back into limp-mode.

This misdiagnosis ended up costing me $2,000CAD, so you can imagine I was not very happy...well I guess I have brand new spark plugs and ignition coils.

I was very disappointed with the service and "oh-well, hands in the air" attitude after I informed them that the car went into limp-mode again shortly after I left their shop.

People make mistakes, but when I brought this up and explained that I trusted their professional recommendation with the same confidence that they had when they said it's most likely the spark plugs and ignition coils, they didn't even want to help me.

I decided that was the last time I would be a client of theirs, and immediately went where I should've gone in the first place—RMP Motors. The owner of RMP, Rocco, is a BMW specialist, with a focus on M3s. His daily is an E90 M3 and he is a seasoned-driver, who has numerous accolades that commend his driving ability.

I immediately ordered brand new Throttle Actuators from FCP Euro due to their Unlimited Lifetime Warranty
Now is the waiting game until they arrive.

Thank-you for stopping by! I know the M3 has got some big shoes to fill, but I will make 1 promise: Like my Subaru, this too will be an unlimited budget build with no time-limit, and may even be more EXTREME than Sky's sister Gabby the Subaru...you just got to stay tuned for this LONG journey!

Here's a teaser for next update:

Till next time...

Last edited by reidetailing; 10-13-2020 at 11:37 AM..
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2019, 09:27 AM   #18
KevinGS
Colonel
Rep
Drives: Past 2015 M4, Current 2013 M3

Great story, Alex. I hope we cross paths somewhere in the future.

From one SS to another, enjoy that beautiful car.

Last edited by KevinGS; 03-18-2019 at 03:06 PM..
Appreciate 3
      03-18-2019, 02:45 PM   #19
Drifter2090
Colonel
Canada
Rep

Rocco at RMP is very helpful, I'll most likely go to him for RB's if I don't decide to do them myself. Keep us updated on the build!
Appreciate 1
      03-18-2019, 03:12 PM   #20
Soden82
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW M3

Garage List
2011 BMW M3  [0.00]
Congrats on the e90! My roommate just made a similar journey; he owned a wrx sedan in college and then when he started to work his first post-grad job he decided to buy an e92 M3
MHD tuned
VRSF Race IC
DCI
ATM exhaust
Appreciate 1
      03-21-2019, 11:16 PM   #21
patsbimmer1
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 SSii M3

Nice to see another SSii! I live outside of Milwaukee and I've seen that Exige before at various shows and cruising highway 100. It really is a show stopper! Automotion is no joke... its been a few years for me but every hotel parking lot and every bar was an absolute shit show when I used to go.
Appreciate 1
      04-01-2019, 01:15 PM   #22
reidetailing
Alex - IG @screamer
Canada
Rep

Hope everyone is doing well since my last update.

This update takes place between late July and September 2018.

One of the last things that the old shop did for Sky was replace the old Intake Air Filter…

Yikes was it in bad shape, I’m glad we got it replaced.

One of the next things I wanted to address was cleaning up the car, and get it prepped for the upcoming winter season in Toronto.
This involved a thorough vacuum and steam cleaning of the interior, followed by a decontamination wash, clay-bar and sealant/wax application.

The results speak for themselves, enjoy:

I also received my order from FCP Euro for the Replacement VDO Throttle Body Actuators. I was really impressed with FCP Euro’s warranty policy. I still am scratching my head with how it’s a sustainable business proposition, but I’m going to take it like the IKEA commercial “START THE CAR!”…the deal is just too good to pass up on

Here’s the pics:

To wrap up this post, something happened to Sky…let’s just say her journey is looking a little “FLAT”...dare I say DEFLATED! Stay tuned, and most importantly, thank-you for stopping by!

Appreciate 1