BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > Regional Forums > Australia

07-24-2021, 09:08 PM   #1
Johnny E92
Private
Australia
Rep
Drives: BMW E92 M3

E92 Spare Wheel in Australia

As the title suggests what have people in Oz done for a spare. I have read all the various posts but being here in Oz shipping is very expensive.

Is there any locally available solution that doesn't involve shipping from the US or Europe?
Appreciate 0
      07-25-2021, 06:12 AM   #2
E90M3_Guy
Private
Australia
Rep
Drives: M3 E90 6MT ZCP LCI 2011

I bought a 19" alloy space saver off a X5 from a wrecker. There's a thread on this and I posted some photos.

Offset is a key factor to make sure the wheel clears the brake calipers. My original intention was to put the spare in the boot only when I travelled some distance from home. Now it just stays there and takes up most of the usable space! I bought a tyre bag and try to stop it sliding around with octopus straps.

https://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1692736
Appreciate 1
      07-26-2021, 12:51 AM   #3
Johnny E92
Private
Australia
Rep
Drives: BMW E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by E90M3_Guy View Post
I bought a 19" alloy space saver off a X5 from a wrecker. There's a thread on this and I posted some photos.

Offset is a key factor to make sure the wheel clears the brake calipers. My original intention was to put the spare in the boot only when I travelled some distance from home. Now it just stays there and takes up most of the usable space! I bought a tyre bag and try to stop it sliding around with octopus straps.

https://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1692736

Thanks mate, I will try and source the same thing locally in Brissy or at least somewhere in Oz if nothing in Brissy. Cheers
Appreciate 0