BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > M3 vs....

02-02-2019, 12:24 PM   #23
Headhunter.M3
I wanna go fast
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 M3 ZCP

Garage List
2013 BMW M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by wfdeacon88 View Post
Short answer: No
Long answer: No.
Haha thats awesome
Appreciate 1
wfdeacon881105.00
      02-10-2019, 02:40 PM   #24
LuckiSevens
Banned
Rep
Drives: M3 e93

Quote:
Originally Posted by xcusem3 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spoolin1 View Post
Hey guys,

Need some advice from those that have had or still have a 2015 model X5 Xdrive5.0i. I came across a good deal on a 2015 X5 Xdrive5.0i with 57k miles that has all the bells and whistles ($80k new) except M package for $33k. One owner and clean Carfax also.

Would you sell or trade in your sweet garage kept 2011 M3 coupe ZCP 6 spd manual with 34k miles (Nav, M exhaust, black Y-spoke wheels, carbon, sunroof, etc) for a twin turbo V8 X5 if you got a great deal on your M3 and also picked up the X5 at a great deal? I'm at a delima here not knowing if I would rather keep the M3, which is just a weekend/nice day car for an X5 that would become a daily driver and I don't know what, if any, issues there are with the X5's. Are the X5's worth parting ways with the M3 for? Are they reliable?

Thanks for the help.
Repairs on the turbo 50i models are numerous and expensive.. do a quick search and you'll see what I mean. Also look at what you need most in a single vehicle and your answer will come to you.

Most people on here are severely biased to the m3 and rightfully so.

My advice would be to keep the M and get a much cheaper suv, that's what I did and I couldn't be happier!
Good advice - Scotty Kilmer says the x5 should have been named the "BMW moneypit" 😂 apparently Lexus make the best SUV's for reliability
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2019, 08:14 PM   #25
jiggz
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 M3|F15 X5 50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by FitzgJ74 View Post
Good advice - Scotty Kilmer says the x5 should have been named the "BMW money pit" �� apparently Lexus make the best SUV's for reliability
We're talking about 'reliable' SUVs are we? We should all get Highlanders and Pilots then. Except it sounds like Lexus is even better, according to Scotty? And I bet that Lexus is an absolute blast to drive from a performance & handling standpoint, lol.
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2019, 09:23 AM   #26
LuckiSevens
Banned
Rep
Drives: M3 e93

Quote:
Originally Posted by jiggz View Post
Quote:
Good advice - Scotty Kilmer says the x5 should have been named the "BMW money pit" �� apparently Lexus make the best SUV's for reliability
We're talking about 'reliable' SUVs are we? We should all get Highlanders and Pilots then. Except it sounds like Lexus is even better, according to Scotty? And I bet that Lexus is an absolute blast to drive from a performance & handling standpoint, lol.
The point is he's keeping the M3 - the other point is, an SUV is supposed to be a family car first and foremost, meaning it isn't ok for it to be unreliable and breaking down on highways when you have kids in it... whether its fun to drive or not is secondary. Grow up clown!
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2019, 11:22 AM   #27
jiggz
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 M3|F15 X5 50i

Quote:
The point is he's keeping the M3 - the other point is, an SUV is supposed to be a family car first and foremost, meaning it isn't ok for it to be unreliable and breaking down on highways when you have kids in it... whether its fun to drive or not is secondary. Grow up clown!
Why can't an SUV be both - family car and fun to drive in no particular order?

I have probably the most un-reliable X5 to roll off the assembly line in the past 10 years (E70 xDrive50i) and it's yet to break down on me/leave me stranded.
Appreciate 0