BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis

01-30-2019, 08:49 PM   #23
kyippee
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3, Supra MK5, F44 235GC

Quote:
Originally Posted by nycplumber View Post
I think I'll be choosing Dinan again. Are you guys using stock end links?
The Dinan bar came with adjustable end links. They are beefy! I have extra Dinan end links and mounting hardware if anybody wants to buy mine..
Appreciate 0
      01-30-2019, 09:27 PM   #24
ebisu8
Dom
United_States
Rep
Drives: Team Schirmer M2 GT

Quote:
I think I'll be choosing Dinan again. Are you guys using stock end links?
I have the Dinan as well. I've swapped out my FallLine End Links for SPL. Would be willing to sell my FallLine Endlinks if you or anyone was interested. Also have FallLine race toe links as well that I replaced with SPL.
      01-31-2019, 03:54 PM   #25
MasterP
Colonel
Rep
Drives: All the M's

I run a Dinan bar with BW endlinks.

If you're running a staggered tire setup then I can see why you wouldn't feel like it's doing much.

I run 305 square and the Dinan bar and the turn in response is amazing.
Appreciate 0
      02-01-2019, 02:38 PM   #26
nycplumber
Major
Rep
Drives: slow

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpewpew View Post
The Dinan bar came with adjustable end links. They are beefy! I have extra Dinan end links and mounting hardware if anybody wants to buy mine..
Yes they are beefy, so beefy they never worked for me lol. Too long even in the shortest setting. Did you get them to work?
Appreciate 0
      02-01-2019, 03:13 PM   #27
kyippee
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3, Supra MK5, F44 235GC

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by kpewpew View Post
Yes they are beefy, so beefy they never worked for me lol. Too long even in the shortest setting. Did you get them to work?
Yup they are the on the car and it is tracked a lot. Works for me
Appreciate 1
      02-01-2019, 03:50 PM   #28
wyatth
Colonel
Rep
Drives: E90 ZCP

Lots of people say the links don't fit. Has anybody installed the bar/links on a stock ZCP? They better fit that setup! I could understand if the links don't fit aftermarket coilovers/height.
Appreciate 0
      02-01-2019, 04:16 PM   #29
SAMM3Y
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2008 m3

IIRC adding the camber plate made the assembly longer and car ride taller which meant adjusting the Ohlins r/t coilover shorter to give it a proper ride height. which made the endlink strut mount come closer to the sway bar which is where it gave me issues. There was a lot of adjusting, loading and pre-load checking/removing when I installed mine, maybe I didn't do it right, lmk if anything looks off in the pictures.

And don't forget the Dinan end link sway bar end goes stud facing out which is opposite from the factory link. Information they only briefly go over in the installation instructions.
Attached Images

02-02-2019, 04:32 PM   #30
nycplumber
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyatth View Post
Lots of people say the links don't fit. Has anybody installed the bar/links on a stock ZCP? They better fit that setup! I could understand if the links don't fit aftermarket coilovers/height.
When I installed them on my stock zcp suspension it didn't work. I reached out to Dinan and they eventually became unresponsive. Quite annoying honestly.
Appreciate 0
      02-02-2019, 04:36 PM   #31
nycplumber
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAMM3Y View Post
IIRC adding the camber plate made the assembly longer and car ride taller which meant adjusting the Ohlins r/t coilover shorter to give it a proper ride height. which made the endlink strut mount come closer to the sway bar which is where it gave me issues. There was a lot of adjusting, loading and pre-load checking/removing when I installed mine, maybe I didn't do it right, lmk if anything looks off in the pictures.

And don't forget the Dinan end link sway bar end goes stud facing out which is opposite from the factory link. Information they only briefly go over in the installation instructions.
I never got to install them with the Ohlins. Maybe I'll try again when I order the new bar.
Appreciate 0
      02-02-2019, 10:18 PM   #32
wyatth
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
When I installed them on my stock zcp suspension it didn't work. I reached out to Dinan and they eventually became unresponsive. Quite annoying honestly.
Wtf!

I’ll report back when I get the time to install. Will be peeved if they’re useless and I need to buy some Lemforders. What the hell is the point of including and requiring them in the kit? Wonder what setup they’d fit on? I can’t see why they’d fit on a car with Dinan stage 1/2/3 suspension with their springs, which isn’t that different from ZCP.

Last edited by wyatth; 02-02-2019 at 10:26 PM..
Appreciate 0
      02-02-2019, 11:48 PM   #33
SAMM3Y
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Wtf!

I’ll report back when I get the time to install. Will be peeved if they’re useless and I need to buy some Lemforders. What the hell is the point of including and requiring them in the kit? Wonder what setup they’d fit on? I can’t see why they’d fit on a car with Dinan stage 1/2/3 suspension with their springs, which isn’t that different from ZCP.
I think what I determined was that the spherical bearing on the end link wouldn't be a perfect perpendicular angle with the maximum shortness of the link but it didn't carry a preload. As long as it still had enough up travel it isn't as issue because there isn't much upward travel on a lowered car anyways. The bushing still square up. Just make sure you load the corner and loosen the sway bar end to confirm it isn't taking load off the coilover. I could barely loosen and check the preload on the endlink when the car was on the ground but it can be done. You could always lop a 1/2" of an endlink if you needed too.. they are beefy and look awesome.. and you're right that's what you are paying for so definitely worth keeping.
      02-03-2019, 12:02 AM   #34
wyatth
Colonel
Rep

Thanks for that feedback. And killer footwork hardware you have there, nice setup.
Appreciate 1
SAMM3Y3085.00
      02-03-2019, 12:17 AM   #35
SAMM3Y
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Thanks for that feedback. And killer footwork hardware you have there, nice setup.
And you're correct, the stock struts are not height adjustable, so the endlink mount can not change in correlation to the sway bar so I can't imagine them not fitting!! I'm 90% sure Dinan never offered aftermarket struts for the e9x m3 But the instructions are shite and apparently the support is too!! Like I said before you could always cut them down basically it's just a big threaded rod..
      02-03-2019, 03:52 PM   #36
sgreer78
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 Cayman GT4

Quote:
Mine fit with work. I took an inch or so off one end of the threaded rod and drilled the hole out deeper and tapped it. Works perfect, took ~10 minutes.
Appreciate 1
      02-03-2019, 10:12 PM   #37
wyatth
Colonel
Rep

Just crazy that work is needed to make the most expensive sway bar kit fit these cars in otherwise stock form. Poor form, Dinan. And I’m a Dinan fan.
Appreciate 1
      02-04-2019, 10:44 AM   #38
wyatth
Colonel
Rep

Fwiw, Dinan replied,
“End links are required to fit the bar. Depending on the hole on the sway bar used it will require the links to be adjusted accordingly.

Sway bar and end links will fit a stock suspension.”
Appreciate 1
      02-04-2019, 07:41 PM   #39
nycplumber
Major
Rep

Quote:
Just crazy that work is needed to make the most expensive sway bar kit fit these cars in otherwise stock form. Poor form, Dinan. And I’m a Dinan fan.
Yep and that's why I was considering the eibach
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2019, 02:08 PM   #40
Richbot
Major General
Rep
Drives: Jerez Black E90

I already had bimmerworld endlinks when my Racing Dynamics bar snapped, prompting me to order the Dinan bar, as you do when your RD bar snaps

My Dinan links are still sitting in a box somewhere, being long
      02-05-2019, 02:25 PM   #41
pbonsalb
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 18 F90 M5, 99 E36 M3 Turbo

Quote:
Yep and that's why I was considering the eibach
I just bought an eibach front from Bimmer world. 29 mm hollow. $249 with free shipping. On special now. Maybe eibach is coming out with a new thicker model. Hope I like it. Did not buy any fancy links. My car is lowered a little with H&R standard springs. Will I need links to use the adjustments?
Appreciate 0
      02-07-2019, 04:28 PM   #42
Nazty Naze One!
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 M3 E92

I bought the dinan sway bar and paired it with the KW sleeve over kit. It was the worst because I kept hearing a clunking sound. I eventually ordered shorter links and then had to buy an adapter so the link could sit flush with the KW bracket. This eventually worked but it was a headache to pinpoint and fix.
Appreciate 0
      02-07-2019, 04:36 PM   #43
Nazty Naze One!
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 M3 E92

I bought the dinan sway bar and paired it with the KW sleeve over kit. It was the worst because I kept hearing a clunking sound. I eventually ordered shorter links and then had to buy an adapter so the link could sit flush with the KW bracket. This eventually worked but it was a headache to pinpoint and fix.
Appreciate 0