BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 Marketplace > Vendor Comments/Review/Feedback Forum

09-02-2018, 10:58 AM   #67
Solo_M_Tech
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 M5 6MT

Garage List
2014 BMW M5  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOOF-M3 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fubar_M3 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by IanMan View Post
Quote:
I've ordered from ECS hundreds of times and never had an issue. Every company has issues and the reputation of the company is based on how they handle those issues.

People are quick to spread negative feedback about a company, but rarely publicize positive experiences. Things should be taken with a grain of salt, usually, coarse.

Look at my first post. Tell me if you'd fucking pissed off.
Yeah I wouldn't be happy about it. A simple phone call to their customer support department would settle that. It's just brake components, and cheap ones at that. No need to be irate about it and or bash the company. just my 2 cents.
Not sure how I feel about complaining on a forum but I do think all sides make good arguments as to why one should or shouldn't start a thread about it. But what I do find interesting is that ECS has admitted that they are fully to blame here, you don't see that too often.
You're right. They know they have room to improve and I've never seen them fail to try to make things right with customers. Some people are impossible to please and you just can't do anything about that.
      09-02-2018, 01:06 PM   #68
Yvette
Major General
Canada
Rep
Drives: M

Well, ecs has been great so far for me
Appreciate 0
      09-02-2018, 02:43 PM   #69
IanMan
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Alpine White M3 Sedan

Quote:
Yeah I wouldn't be happy about it. A simple phone call to their customer support department would settle that. It's just brake components, and cheap ones at that. No need to be irate about it and or bash the company. just my 2 cents.

It's almost like you didn't read a single thing I posted.
Appreciate 0
      09-02-2018, 03:44 PM   #70
Solo_M_Tech
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2014 BMW M5  [0.00]
Quote:
Quote:

It's almost like you didn't read a single thing I posted.
Why because I don't share your hatred for the company? Am I not allowed my own opinion? I read your post, but I just don't agree with you. Dont like it, too bad! I'm also willing to bet you exacerbated the issue by being rude to the customer support representative because you were angry. You'd never admit to that though, because why would you? lol.
      09-02-2018, 04:07 PM   #71
IanMan
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Why because I don't share your hatred for the company? Am I not allowed my own opinion? I read your post, but I just don't agree with you. Dont like it, too bad! I'm also willing to bet you exacerbated the issue by being rude to the customer support representative because you were angry. You'd never admit to that though, because why would you? lol.

No, because when you said "a simple phone call would have settled that" you obviously didn't pay attention to the fact that I did try to get ahold of them. And I wasn't rude at all. Why would I be rude to someone I needed to help me?
Appreciate 0
      09-02-2018, 04:12 PM   #72
Solo_M_Tech
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2014 BMW M5  [0.00]
Quote:
Quote:

No, because when you said "a simple phone call would have settled that" you obviously didn't pay attention to the fact that I did try to get ahold of them. And I wasn't rude at all. Why would I be rude to someone I needed to help me?
Right. I'm sorry you personally had a bad experience, but cases like yours are the extreme minority. Hundreds of thousands of people order from ecs yearly and never have a problem.

It's good you decided to shed light on this topic. It's better that ECS allows this thread to continue. Speaks volumes about their confidence and professionalism.
      09-02-2018, 04:43 PM   #73
IanMan
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Right. I'm sorry you personally had a bad experience, but cases like yours are the extreme minority. Hundreds of thousands of people order from ecs yearly and never have a problem.

It's good you decided to shed light on this topic. It's better that ECS allows this thread to continue. Speaks volumes about their confidence and professionalism.

Again, the Facebook page grew from 1000-5000 members in 2 weeks. My incident wasn't isolated. You have members on there that had people laugh at them on the phone or just disconnect the chat like happened to me three times. Join the group and see how many packages were not properly shipped. People getting half of their orders, etc.
Appreciate 0
      09-02-2018, 04:45 PM   #74
Solo_M_Tech
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2014 BMW M5  [0.00]
Quote:
Quote:

Again, the Facebook page grew from 1000-5000 members in 2 weeks. My incident wasn't isolated. You have members on there that had people laugh at them on the phone or just disconnect the chat like happened to me three times. Join the group and see how many packages were not properly shipped. People getting half of their orders, etc.
If you have a problem with them, and it seems you do, stop buying from them. It's pretty simple. But don't come here expecting everyone to jump on your bandwagon and blindly discredit ECS. Pound sand and go buy from FCP euro and or the dealer.

I wont reply here anymore. Seems you're hell bent and on the war path! have fun with your crusade and eventual crucifixion of ECS tuning! Down with the man!
      09-02-2018, 04:54 PM   #75
IanMan
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
If you have a problem with them, and it seems you do, stop buying from them. It's pretty simple. But don't come here expecting everyone to jump on your bandwagon and blindly discredit ECS. Pound sand and go buy from FCP euro and or the dealer.

I wont reply here anymore. Seems you're hell bent and on the war path! have fun with your crusade and eventual crucifixion of ECS tuning! Down with the man!

I never told anyone to jump on the bandwagon. I was simply posting my experiences and rightfully so. Of course I'm going to recommend people not purchase from them after my experiences. And you seem like one to argue.
Appreciate 0
      09-02-2018, 07:21 PM   #76
Redd
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2010 BMW E92 M3 Dakar Edition

I've used ECS numerous times in the past years, and I just finished a large transaction with Turner 2 weeks ago. Zero complaints. Price, communication, packaging, everything was top notch.
Appreciate 1
MahiC88.00
      09-02-2018, 07:55 PM   #77
brettcp
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 E93 M3

I've placed several orders with ECS, and while the packaging on the majority of the shipments looks beat up, the products inside have always been fine. I also order from FCP Euro, and have never had issues with their packaging.. something is definitely off with ECS's packaging.. but I must say the products have always been fine, they've always shipped on time, and *usually* have the lowest pricing on the parts I've ordered to date. I once sent them an order change request on a Sunday afternoon, and within an hour got a confirmation that the order was changed per my request.. on a Sunday - I was impressed with that.
Appreciate 0
      09-22-2018, 09:25 PM   #78
Chromey
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: 09 E93 M3

I’ve bought from ecs and had no real issues , main concern is there shipping to Canada is just out to lunch.. all looks good till I check out then get hit with massive shipping costs to Canada, sometimes it’s half the price of the item. For example 51 bucks usd for shipping a set of spacers.. that’s 70 bucks Canadian to ship a small package. They would get more of my business but there shipping kills it.
Appreciate 0
      09-22-2018, 10:34 PM   #79
nick3753
Major
Rep
Drives: 2012 e92 M3 DCT ZCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by brettcp View Post
I've placed several orders with ECS, and while the packaging on the majority of the shipments looks beat up, the products inside have always been fine. I also order from FCP Euro, and have never had issues with their packaging.. something is definitely off with ECS's packaging.. but I must say the products have always been fine, they've always shipped on time, and *usually* have the lowest pricing on the parts I've ordered to date. I once sent them an order change request on a Sunday afternoon, and within an hour got a confirmation that the order was changed per my request.. on a Sunday - I was impressed with that.
I've had the opposite experience. Never had an issue with ECS packaging (10 plus orders)and just ordered from FCP euro for the first time. Box came pretty mangled and looks like it was re-taped by UPS because it had opened. The oil filter box was deformed but all the contents were fine (oil, filter and drain bolts). Perhaps it's just random luck.
Appreciate 0
      09-22-2018, 10:44 PM   #80
MahiC
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 e92 m3 ZCP Jet Black .

My packaging from ECS comes damaged sometimes and once I bought an electronic PSW and the steering wheel coil was damaged and they gave me full refund, no hassle.
Appreciate 0
      09-25-2018, 09:58 AM   #81
Todd0131
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Yukon, stumpjumper, m3

They emailed me when shocks were in stock. I bought them and they showed up 4 days later in perfect shape. Boxed great and no damage.
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2019, 08:00 PM   #82
ghostpoo
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2010 E90 M3

I've purchased from ECS a number of times and overall happy with them. Their website is fantastic to use and easy to navigate. I've had one product shipped that was damaged and another that was incorrect but both times they took care of it. Only downside is shipping to Canada is ridiculous. I always ask for USPS shipping for duties purposes but my most recent purchase I requested this, a customer service rep told me shipping through USPS would cost me more which was odd to me... but I was never charged this additional amount.
Appreciate 0
      05-04-2019, 03:10 PM   #83
M3ANMACHINE
Admiral
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 E90 M3 + 2014 F15 X5

Never had an indue with ECS in the past, but i've personally transitioned to strictly using FCP Euro due to their lifetime warranty
2011 SG E90 M3 | 2008 AW E90 M3 | 2004 E46 M3
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2019, 05:21 PM   #84
luckyse7en
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW E92 M3 ZCP

I've ordered mostly maintenance kits from ECS. I think out of about 6 orders through ECS I have received two shipments where the box was almost destroyed and the internal packaging was non-existent (everything was sliding around inside). Luckily they were oil change kits, so the contents were OK. But if it was more expensive parts, I'd be pretty upset.
IanMan382.50
      06-08-2019, 01:03 PM   #85
oolas3
Captain
Rep
Drives: BMW

Stopped using them years ago. Too many mess ups.
Appreciate 1
IanMan382.50