BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Coding / ConnectedDrive / Audio-Video / Electronics / Bluetooth / I-Drive & Nav

Mporium BMW

08-20-2015, 10:06 PM   #1
LuckJury
Rep
Drives: '05 350z

'08 E92 Flash Drive Issues

Greetings y'all. I just got myself an Alpine White E92 M3. While I'm loving the car, I'm starting to get frustrated trying to get my music situation sorted out.

First I tried moving my ipod into the car, and I immediately realized that I would get to get a y cable to do that. Realizing that this ipod is probably on its last legs anyway, I opted instead to get a flash drive.

I loaded up a 128gb flash drive with music and popped it in. At first, I thought I was done - the music I selected for the first few drives played as expected and sounded great.

Now that I've tried a few more times, though, I'm running into issues. Some songs play fine, some just don't play, the song time staying at 0:00, some songs seem to cause some part of the idrive to restart, causing it to go back to "loading audio data" and sometimes locking up completely, sometimes starting over on the previous song that did work. I haven't been able to identify a pattern in file type to explain this behavior, but I wouldn't be surprised if DRM turned out to be the culprit. Can anyone share any insight? I've searched and haven't been able to find anything so far.

Thanks,
LJ
Appreciate 0